Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #31
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
Bit of advice, even if you knock when the door is closed, give atleast 5 seconds before opening. Just in case ;) .
Either that or do it naked, that'll learn em.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #32
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

do what naked? :

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #33
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
do what naked? :
Knock on the kids door.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #34
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I crack the sh*ts with my parents I just head of on my pushy and come back a couple of hours later... I used to punch/kick things but this hurts less :P
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #35
davez104
Landau = GT with the lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELtim
Grounding has never worked in my family. Parents would ground us and as soon as they turn around we'd walk out the front door.

Thats why the younger generation don't respect anyone any more. A few more kick's up the @rse would have done you good.

Dave.
davez104 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #36
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez104
Thats why the younger generation don't respect anyone any more. A few more kick's up the @rse would have done you good.

Dave.
Hey hey hey, stop with the "generalisation" (Spelling?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #37
davez104
Landau = GT with the lot!

Sorry, not trying to generalise, but it's a lot more common today than it was 20 years ago. But in saying that, I guess we got away with a fair bit more than our parents did. It's just that a lot of kids these days seem to do whatever they like and their parents don't do anything about it. Makes it hard when your young teenage son wants to go do stuff that all his mates are doing, but you know is wrong.

Dave.
davez104 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #38
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Well see....Not enough parents removing doors! :
Old 01-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #39
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My parents have let me do what I want since I was about 16 (within reason), that doesn't mean I go out doing bad things or make me a bad kid, or make them bad parents. I've never been arrested, don't smoke, don't do drugs, was never suspended from school etc. I was allowed to go to parties and drink (so was 95% of the other kids my age) provided I was home by about 2 and not completely wasted. Its that trust which makes me have a great relationship with my parents. I think they have been the best I could ask for.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #40
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

: **Geez Louise ** you are EVIL.... My dad read this post and i just got home and found i dont have a door

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #41
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Sorry Buddy!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #42
ELtim
Six One Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez104

Dave.
But we've learnt a lot of things the hard way. That's what so much of my generation is missing out on.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #43
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Hmm. Never really worked if mum tried to punish me, but all Dad had to do was raise his voice and I burst into tears.

Actually I'm 25 now and it still has the same effect on me.

He doesn't even need to be angry at me, he could be on the phone or whatever and I'll still cry hearing him raise his voice.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #44
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
My Mum did that to me when I was with my ex-girlfriend.

Had the same thing happen, a few exes ago, it makes for awkward conversation the next day...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #45
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]

Had the same thing happen, a few exes ago, it makes for awkward conversation the next day...

you got that right....
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #46
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant wait till my 16yr old daughter gets home & I show her this thread ....... She thinks my threats of doing this were bad ........ Shes now living out in the real world & tells the younger ones that they have it real easy :P

Will yet again be able to tell her Im not that harsh as a parent

Makes my heart glad that you shared this Geez Louise ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:47 AM   #47
IDT
Marko

Wish id known the door tip. Instead one arvo my eldest did the old sneak out when grounded. We took all her room furniture and set her bedroom up in the garden shed. She was 10 at the time and was only two doors down the street. We actually rang the neighbour and told them to keep her busy. They rang and told us she was on her way home. When she tried to sneak back in we had locked all the doors, mother stuck her head out of the said daughters window and told her if she couldn't live by our rules she couldn't live under our roof.

God that was funny
She's now 17 and still hasn't forgiven us. Every now and then she will show off in front of her friends and i just have to say "you want to live in the shed?" All her friends know the story and just crack up.

By the way that shed had some big arsed spiders in it. That helped.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #48
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAForce8
Wish id known the door tip. Instead one arvo my eldest did the old sneak out when grounded. We took all her room furniture and set her bedroom up in the garden shed. She was 10 at the time and was only two doors down the street. We actually rang the neighbour and told them to keep her busy. They rang and told us she was on her way home. When she tried to sneak back in we had locked all the doors, mother stuck her head out of the said daughters window and told her if she couldn't live by our rules she couldn't live under our roof.

God that was funny
She's now 17 and still hasn't forgiven us. Every now and then she will show off in front of her friends and i just have to say "you want to live in the shed?" All her friends know the story and just crack up.

By the way that shed had some big arsed spiders in it. That helped.
from about 16-18 I lived in a caravan in the back shed, It had more space then my bedroom
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #49
Geez Louise
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
I cant wait till my 16yr old daughter gets home & I show her this thread ....... She thinks my threats of doing this were bad ........ Shes now living out in the real world & tells the younger ones that they have it real easy :P

Will yet again be able to tell her Im not that harsh as a parent

Makes my heart glad that you shared this Geez Louise ;)
Yes we are not that bad, parents that is. It is a rite of passage that all kids go through. We did it to our parents and their kids will do it to them. Circle of life...'tis a wonderful thing!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #50
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bless 10 teenage daughters on my girl :P

Have told her as much ..... she laughs ...... I will have the last laugh when she goes through it all
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #51
xr8chick
HSV - I Just Ate One!

Me and my brother were always taught to respect the parents .. I'm 16 and he's 23 now, we do give our parents a bit of a smarty-pants remark every now and again, but we know when and where to stop.

I don't think I could live without a bedroom door. :(
I think kids should still be smacked to bring them into line every now and again. The year 7's at my school REALLY need a good hit. :

Mum has it over us. Dad will get into us, but it's hard not to laugh at him when he's shorter than both his own kids.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #52
andrewts
White Car Driver

I had my door removed a few years back, because I kept staying up past my bed time. My mum thought she was hardcore removing my door, but I told her I knew she cheated on dad. Got my door back.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #53
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewts
I had my door removed a few years back, because I kept staying up past my bed time. My mum thought she was hardcore removing my door, but I told her I knew she cheated on dad. Got my door back.
Hope your dad doesn't secretly have an account on this!

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #54
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
But we've learnt a lot of things the hard way. That's what so much of my generation is missing out on.
You're 16 right?

Tell me, what have you learned "the hard way"? That sentence has me intrigued.

If anything from all the 16 year olds I've seen here is that you've been given your life on a platter and because of that you think you're the ducks nuts and don't give a flying eff what anyone else thinks. You also think that everything is automatically expected to be given to you, no effort involved.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #55
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron
Hope your dad doesn't secretly have an account on this!
Doesn't matter, they're divorced now. :togo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
You're 16 right?

If anything from all the 16 year olds I've seen here is that you've been given your life on a platter and because of that you think you're the ducks nuts and don't give a flying eff what anyone else thinks. You also think that everything is automatically expected to be given to you, no effort involved.
Well most of the discipline in my family was dealt by my father. He used to flog the out of me, and I needed it. I have no hesitation in admitting I was a proper handful. I don't know what you are referring to when you say I've been given my life on a silver platter. I save my pennies if I want to buy things, and I have. I get the roof over my head, food and school etc, but as soon as I'm finished school I'm out of here.

I know that the whole "teenagers don't give a hoot about what other people say" seems to fit the bill for many, but you don't really know me so you're generalising a bit. That's fine, because I can chose to believe whoever I want to, but I'm not going to go about making it obvious.

My parents were never into the whole "don't smack him it doesn't work" thing, so I copped it. I can't say what I have learned the hard way, because that is far too ambiguous? Don't play with fire? I learned that the hard way. Keep your nose out of other people's business? Learned that the hard way. Plenty of life lessons have been learned, even if I'm not 40 years old.

I don't think I'm the duck nuts, but I don't go around moping about when older people stick it to me, which I'm sure they would be expecting.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #56
schultzie
Just Images

im 21 almost 22, spent most of me teenage years struggling with my father... naturally quite scared of him (ex judo national champion when he was in his prime) and i got the smack off my mother till i was 6 and then when she started breaking wooden spoons and i would laugh at her she quickly stopped that practice as it was getting expensive.

then one day i took it to far i hit one to many lemons with the base ball bat at the shed and out came dad with the belt....

we get along fine now and have a mutual respect for each other when 18months ago we had a family crisis and i stood up to him... saved the family,

u need disaplen... i learnt as a kid that if i shut up when we went shopping mum would give me a dolor or 2 to buy a toy, if i asked id never get it..

i might use the door trick on my gf next time she cracks it... i think it will be funny
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #57
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
You're 16 right?

Lol, that's a pretty big generalization, I'm 18. been a member here since I was 16 and I can tell you now that I've worked for what I have, help out mum with the bills, don't expect to be given things for nothing.

I don't look at my dad as a dad, more like a mate that helps me out, it's better that way. go do burnouts together, get into bar fights together LOL

I use to be a little s*** when I was younger, but once I started to get treated like an adult I acted more like one.

Sure I still do teenage things, burnouts out the driveway, all nighters before work, and alot of other things that get me into trouble, it's all part of being young though.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #58
schultzie
Just Images

i can totally relate to the arron, just ring him up for a chat....

also with the getting a job and paying you own way for everything.. .im 21, bought my first house 12months ago and i have a new xr8 ute and my Subaru project car... and well i see the old man quite a lot... and it is good
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #59
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tried the door removal method with my daughter, although in my case the door was removed without the use of tools (and I doubt any father who walked in on teenage daughter and boyfriend would bother with getting a screwdriver to remove the door, and I don't own a shotgun). That didn't help, and even now thinks of herself first rather than her daughter. Tried the "no presents" didn't bother eldest son. Youngest son nothing would get him to clean his room, iron his clothes or do any household chores. But his bosses at work where he cleaned the deli at the end of his shift praised everything he did, and now he is at Kapooka after enlisting. But at the end of the day we have done something right as none of the kids are mixed up in drugs or crime,or have no hoper friends.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #60
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

had a few simple rules when i was growing up

NO drugs, he'd shoot me (and had the gun collection to enforce it)
NO smoking
If i wanted to go out and get drunk, dont expect any sympathy in the morning when i was suffering from a hangover....... i still dont get any sympathy, and i'm 26
Dont EVER bring the police home, if i EVER showed up with the cops in tow, that was it, he would disown me on the spot
If i was going to go out, he wanted to have at least a rough idea where i was
Dont swear at him...... learnt that lesson quickly, told him to off one night, he stood up, grabbed me by the collar, lifted me out of my chair and hit me hard enough that i knocked the sofa over on my way backwards, i promptly got up and bolted for my room..... i was 14 at the time

i've been hit with carpenters wooden rulers (folding ones), the cane, belt, jug cord and bare hand..... never did me any good, but it never did me any harm either

to date i've never smoked, only ever been stoned once (at a friends house and everyone was hammering the bong, i got wrecked on 2nd hand smoke) and i've never been in any more trouble with the police than one speeding ticket......

on the subject of catching people in the act..... the 1st year apprentice where i used to work got caught rooting his gf by his mum, she just walked in and there they were, butt naked going at it...... she wouldnt talk to him for a week..... rang his father and apparently all he said was "cook the boy a steak, he's gotta keep his strength up"

she didnt talk to him for a week either........