Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #31
FTRXR8

I drive a metro bus and the crap seen in average week is scary

I have soo many stories it's not funny but learnt quickly the best reaction is no reaction don't give the nuts the satisfaction of having jolted you
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
Old 30-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #32
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy should know not to drive next to trucks.
I always speed up and past them as quick as possible.
Passing one a few weeks ago I had one start to change lanes on me. Holding on the horn and flipping the truck off was good enough for me, no need to stop in middle of road and kick the truck.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #33
MAD
Petro-sexual

I tend to just move over and let the nuffies go past... but sometimes, if they are extra aggressive with tailgating, I may reduce my speed to give a hint.

If you maintain a relaxed state of mind, the drive is so much more enjoyable, rather than being on edge, 'ready for anything', pumped up the whole time... that's too tiring for me.

I am, however, inclined to assist someone in the public if they are being faced with a 'situation'. I will get myself hurt one day I'm sure, but it'll be worth it.
Road ragers are nothing but school yard bullies in a car. Much more dangerous, but just as weak and pathetic.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
The bloke was travelling along the road, doing his 100 KPH and as they rounded a slight bend in the road, when the truck just came across nearly wiping the whole side of the car out. The fella had to take evasion action, so he wasn't stuck underneath the trailer wheels. The road is in good condition, with no pot holes, or gouges to cause any deviation. The bend is also very gental, with no suggested speed signs. It is easily taken at 100 KPH in any car, bus or truck.

From what was said to me, the truckie was coming down from his wakie wakie pills, therefore started to nod off. Needless to say, the truckie definately woke up, when he was "confronted".
regardless of the the truckys alleged guilt or innocence, surely the right thing would be to call the cops, not half block the road off creating another potential danger situation.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #35
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRXR8
I drive a metro bus and the crap seen in average week is scary

I have soo many stories it's not funny but learnt quickly the best reaction is no reaction don't give the nuts the satisfaction of having jolted you
Bus drivers get treated like crap on the roads, its because your identified and wearing a uniform everyone feels immune that you guys cant retaliate. The amount of times Ive seen people cut buses off full of standing passengers or not give-way to buses when they are pulling out from a stop is disgusting.

Although I hope you guys must also see some courteous drivers too.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #36
Scott

People are nutty. Too many of these nutty people become bullet proof when in the safety of their cars and are silly enough to antagonise the other nutty guy who may or may not have accidentaly or purposefully impinged on the second nutty guys head space.

One nutty guy is always a bit nuttier than the other and we end up with road rage.

My wife wonders how I can let someone cut me off and not blast the horn or go a little nutty - it's just not worth the agro when the odds are they just had a little brain fade.
Old 30-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #37
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Half the problem with that footage, is exactly that. Only half the incident was filmed.

LINKACHU and others that think along the same lines, I ask this of you

If you were travelling at 100 KPH along a main road and you had a truck near wipe the side of your car out, with a 2 month old baby on that side, how would you react?

Before people think that's me in the VID, it's not. However I do know the bloke that was agro at the truck driver and what I have described is exactly what occurred.

Yeah, it may be a little overboard, but when a truck nearly kills you and/or your 2 month old child, some people do get a little agro.
then go to the cops with the trucks number, this agro tool is now in the wrong with no way of supporting isside of the story, had he taken the number rang the cops and explained it there would possibly have been some sort of action takan against the trucky but now your mates just a tool on you tube

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 30-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #38
FTRXR8

@ Brazen

Absolutey mate it's usually one extreme or the other, people are often too courteous to buses and forget basic road rules and just stop anywhere to let the bus out, this also comes with it's own dangers too, oldies are the best for over corteous, bless em lol
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
Old 30-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #39
66GT

there was a guy not far from us who woke up early one morning as his crappy vn or vp commodore was having the crap beat out of it by guys with baseball bats. He was all over the local news crying about his pride & joy, couldn't understand why this had occured & encouraging anyone with information to contact police ..... So very early into the phone conversation with the poor copper on desk duty that day, advised me that they had received call after call all day reporting this idiot for all his daily inapproiate driving antics etc. I still don't think the understands Karma. But his uninsured commodore sat unloved & not woth repairing on his front lawn for months until he moved elsewhere
Old 30-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #40
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Half the problem with that footage, is exactly that. Only half the incident was filmed.

If you were travelling at 100 KPH along a main road and you had a truck near wipe the side of your car out, with a 2 month old baby on that side, how would you react?

Before people think that's me in the VID, it's not. However I do know the bloke that was agro at the truck driver and what I have described is exactly what occurred.

Yeah, it may be a little overboard, but when a truck nearly kills you and/or your 2 month old child, some people do get a little agro.

It is understandable the driver of the car being upset but his actions were not the smartest.Out of curiosity was the 2 month old baby still in the car when he was trying to block a 20 ton truck?
Old 30-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #41
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You know what I'd do with my newish born baby? Not act like a complete knob.

Yes I'm sure he'd be annoyed, yes take down the rego, go to the cops and vent your anger there.

Seriously, if someone had been coming along that road none the wiser and hit his car, injured / killed his baby, would it of been worth it? God no.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #42
munkky
turbo mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury 8
It is understandable the driver of the car being upset but his actions were not the smartest.Out of curiosity was the 2 month old baby still in the car when he was trying to block a 20 ton truck?
i agree where was the baby then??its not okay if the truck almost hits him but when he runs the truck off the road no care for the baby

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #43
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Speaking of idiots on the road, I lobbed up to a job site last week and one of the blokes was telling me that a random drugs test had been done the day before on site. 9 out of the 16 workers had drugs in their system. And most of those workers had driven to work. Needless to say they all got the flick from the job site. And these buggers are on the road !!!! At the scond jobsite the got 6 out of 13 workers.........scary thinking the car coming at you could be one of these buggers..........
Old 30-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #44
3vXT

Quote:

So who had the baby in the car? The guy kicking the truck or the guy filming it?
Old 30-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #45
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
So who had the baby in the car? The guy kicking the truck or the guy filming it?
Guy kicking the truck.

The only idiot in the video.
Old 30-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #46
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Alls good and well, coming up with all these scenarios of what he should have or shouldn't have done AFTER the fact. But that's too late AFTER it's done and dusted.

Yeah, he shouldn't have been driving next to a truck and should have sped up and hoped like crazy there wasn't a speed camera around at the time (The road is a known speed camera hot spot). We won't mention that the road the incident first occurred on, is a throughafair for trucks, in the Northern burbs of Adelaide. So you can't always not drive near a truck.

Yeah, he could have taken the rego number down of the truck and reported it to the cops, but didn't at the time.

Yeah, he shouldn't have pulled the truck over and went troppo on it.

However, put yourselves in the same situation and see how you react. Of course you'll do things differently, because you've had time to think about it, whilst writing in this thread, or you've read about this sort of incident, so you'll do something different.

Then we'll go to the otherside of the story, which the coppers nor the media will report. What happened to the truckie in this incident? Yeah, he got charged with driving under the influence of drugs, but the outcome for him?
A poor innocient victim of roadrage.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 30-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #47
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Alls good and well, coming up with all these scenarios of what he should have or shouldn't have done AFTER the fact. But that's too late AFTER it's done and dusted.

Yeah, he shouldn't have been driving next to a truck and should have sped up and hoped like crazy there wasn't a speed camera around at the time (The road is a known speed camera hot spot). We won't mention that the road the incident first occurred on, is a throughafair for trucks, in the Northern burbs of Adelaide. So you can't always not drive near a truck.

Yeah, he could have taken the rego number down of the truck and reported it to the cops, but didn't at the time.

Yeah, he shouldn't have pulled the truck over and went troppo on it.

However, put yourselves in the same situation and see how you react. Of course you'll do things differently, because you've had time to think about it, whilst writing in this thread, or you've read about this sort of incident, so you'll do something different.

Then we'll go to the otherside of the story, which the coppers nor the media will report. What happened to the truckie in this incident? Yeah, he got charged with driving under the influence of drugs, but the outcome for him?
A poor innocient victim of roadrage.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 30-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #48
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was making a right turn in the melbourne cbd a while ago and there was an old bloke crossing the road anyway there was a small tip truck a few cars back and he was beeping and going nuts anyway i see this idiot catch me and start yelling at me with a thick pommy accent saying where i got my license yada yada anyway when i informed this gentleman that there was an old bloke crossing the road and that we drive with our eyes open in oz he then went red in the face and spend of out of embarasment.
Old 30-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #49
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
When was that??
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11312309
Old 30-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #50
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
OK so I've seen a few fingers here and there and heard about the violent stories on the news but up until now I've been fortunate enough to have never seen it.

Today however was a different story. As I was coming home from work I was met by a dark green, rundown, EF/EL while I was sitting stationary at the lights. When the lights went green, I accelerated away as I would on any other day while the guy in the Falcon was was caught napping. Anyway I get to the speed limit and look into my mirrors to confirm he was still way behind me and merge into the right lane with the intent of turning right further up the road. A few moments later my eyes are drawn to my mirrors again, to see the falcon looming up on me at about 15-20km quicker. He tailgates me while flashing his headlights and then goes to the left and pulls up beside me. Matching my speed he swerves at me twice, on the second occasion, the driver reached out of his window to slap my mirror, follow by tossing trash at my car.

Being rather terrified of what he might do next, I accelerated away and turned off into a side street suddenly, fearful that he may follow me. Fortunately there was no damage to my mirror but sadly due to my concern for getting out of the situation I didn't take down his number plate to report him.

Sorry to to be venting like this but I suppose what really bugs me is that I cannot understand what motivation this guy had for such behavior.

Quick question.... just how far past the traffic lights did you want to turn right into ???? Because if it wasn't overly far - then maybe you should have positioned yourself in the right hand lane , behind said driver. I see lots of drivers wanting to have "pole position" - only to then merge into the other lane to make a turn etc & it can raise your blood pressure a bit when you get stuck behind them. I'm not trying to justify the other drivers subsequent actions in any way - he was out of order.
Old 30-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #51
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Guy kicking the truck.
Pretty sure it was the car filming it that had the baby in it. Listen to it at 3,45 when he's on the phone with the cops.
Old 30-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #52
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Pretty sure it was the car filming it that had the baby in it. Listen to it at 3,45 when he's on the phone with the cops.

Car filming has a young girl in it. Somewhere round the age of 10. And the bloke filming wasn't on the phone to the cops. He was using the phone to film the incident. And the final thing about the "film maker". He got his 2 minutes of fame, so he was happy.

When this incident occurred, the bloke that did all the filming was on another forum I used to frequent and was boasting big time about his feats. There were the same sort of mixed responses to him, that are occurring in this thread.

Old 30-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #53
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Jeeeesus Christ. I remember reading that article. Some ******-up **** right there.
Old 30-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #54
3vXT

Quote:
Car filming has a young girl in it. Somewhere round the age of 10. And the bloke filming wasn't on the phone to the cops. He was using the phone to film the incident. And the final thing about the "film maker". He got his 2 minutes of fame, so he was happy.

When this incident occurred, the bloke that did all the filming was on another forum I used to frequent and was boasting big time about his feats. There were the same sort of mixed responses to him, that are occurring in this thread.
Then who was talking on the phone near the end of the video? Someone else in the same car? Something sounds dodgy.
Old 30-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #55
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:

If i had my two month old child in the car i be pulling over and settling down before continuing on my trip, With a two month old in my car i wouldn't be displaying violence and i sure as hell wouldn't be brake testing a truck.

WHat kind of a bogan condones this sort of behavior and what kind of thinking process can someone have to think "hey that guy almost but didn't injure my family, i better go out of my way to put them in the path of a moving truck to teach him a lesson"

Seriously god help the planet with people like that on it
Old 31-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #56
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
This reminds me of some road rage I witnessed the other day.

I was on my way to work and driving with the flow of the traffic to the point where I was behind this P plater for a fair while. I'd say a good 15mins atleast. Nothing out of the ordinary, just driving along as normal.

We are both in the right lane (i'm behind the p plater) and this chick in some cannoned up rice mobile drives past me and pulls up a little ahead of this P plater and decides she wants to be in the right lane, so she merges across. No blinker, no nothing. She was so close to this P plater that if he didn't hit the breaks she would've side swiped him. I was in shock that he reacted so fast, and also that she actually just did that.

But to my amazement the P plater does nothing. No horn, no flashing lights but just drives along like nothing is wrong. I'm like hmm ok a little weird but has nothing to do with me. After this happens I move over to the left lane and then it begins...

Still in the right lane, this P plater slows down all of a sudden until he is about 100m back from this chick and then floors it right up this chicks backside and hits the breaks just before his bumper touches her tow bar. He then backs off again until he is about 200m behind her, then floors it and roars past me and right up behind her again.

He then goes for it again but as he is slowing down she moves into the left lane. Again the P plater comes roaring up and pulls up next to her and then swerves at her. This chick crapped her pants and ended up off the road on the grass, while this P plater swerved into her lane and continued to drive along like nothing had happened, while i'm looking at this chick on the side of the road in my rearview mirror.

So weird thinking about how this guy went from a calm driver, not breaking the speed limit for the approx 15mins I was driving with him, to doing nothing when this chick cuts him off to going mental and trying to ram her and ends up running her off the road, then back to calm and on with the drive...

Road Transport (Safety and Traffic Management) Act 1999 No 20Current version for 19 April 2010
Section 43

43 Menacing driving

(1) Offence—intent to menace
A person must not drive a motor vehicle on a road or road related area in a manner that menaces another person with the intention of menacing that other person.

Maximum penalty: 30 penalty units or imprisonment for 18 months or both (in the case of a first offence) or 50 penalty units or imprisonment for 2 years or both (in the case of a second or subsequent offence).

(2) Offence—possibility of menace
A person must not drive a motor vehicle on a road or road related area in a manner that menaces another person if the person ought to have known that the other person might be menaced.

Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units or imprisonment for 12 months or both (in the case of a first offence) or 30 penalty units or imprisonment for 18 months or both (in the case of a second or subsequent offence).

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
Old 31-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #57
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I experienced a road rage incident earlier in the year by some creepy looking traidie driving a crappy late 80s/early 90s Lancer with a wrong coloured bonnet.

I was simply driving down a 50km/h street when I noticed an old neglected looking Lancer tailgating me when I was doing the speed limit. I have been told that if someone is pushing you from behind that you do not go faster for them, so I continued to do 50.

He then started yelling from inside his car, I was about to pull over to where I was wanting to go, so I pulled over when the freaky looking bogan pulled up parallel to me and started screaming at me so quickly that I did not understand a single word he said (other than that would have been swearing a lot).

I tried to drive off, but he moved forward to block me off. He continued yelling out words that I still cannot understand. I was getting annoyed that he was still blocking me off and wasting my time. I gave him the finger and then he stormed out of his ****box car and allowed me to escape. He came about an inch from touching my car as he ran after me on foot. I was simply going to the next roundabout to to a U-turn and come back to my destination knowing that he would be gone. As I came back he had gotten into his car and started driving down the opposite side of the road trying to intimidate me but I held the horn as I headed straight towards him and he got onto his side of the road.

When I got to where I wanted to go, I was approached by some people who were at a cafe across the street who stuck up for me and abused him as he returned to his car, they gave me incorrect details about his number. I knew what the real number was and I was told to report him to the police. Not surprisingly they didn't give a ****. He said he can find out who the guy is to tell him to pull his head in, but I said not to worry about it as he'd know who reported him.

I found out where he lived too. He lives (not sure if he still lives there though) in a unit and he keeps the car parked on the street overnight. I could have taken a picture of the car and posted on the Epic Fails thread because the car is one of those pathetic ricer burners.
Old 31-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #58
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
A work collegue tried riding to work a few times.
His first time to work a tradie opened the door to his ute just as he rode past.
I was crossing a pedestrian crossing and some clown on his bike decided he didnt have to stop for pedestrians and rode right in front of me, narrowly missing me. Unfortunately for him, it was narrow enough that i could still reach him... i gave the ***** a shove and down he went. The look of shock was priceless.

I am #^% over cyclists who think the rules dont apply to them.
Old 31-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #59
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
i gave the ***** a shove and down he went.
Go get 'em tiger!
Old 31-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #60
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
I was crossing a pedestrian crossing and some clown on his bike decided he didnt have to stop for pedestrians and rode right in front of me, narrowly missing me. Unfortunately for him, it was narrow enough that i could still reach him... i gave the ***** a shove and down he went. The look of shock was priceless.

I am #^% over cyclists who think the rules dont apply to them.

You are a champion. I would do the same thing.

I was approaching a crossing on foot, a cyclists was coming, it was clear he was not going to stop, my girlfriend stopped at the side of the road and was going to let this idiot cyclist pass, but I just kept walking right out in front of him and he just hit his brakes and went around me.
I have a major hate for any cyclists who does not obey basic road rules.
Closed Thread