Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #31
bluovl

Default Re: The street where you don’t go – Summernats

I've been to 25 out of 30 Summernats and will continue to go hopefully for many years to come.

As with the politically correct media pushing their agendas, a few here are once again wanting to end an event many don't even attend.

Yeah sure I slip past "Tuff Street" and generally don't spend much time there. The feral mob mentality is boring and out of date. But the people that enter that area know what to expect. Most females included.

That area is 100 metres in length.

Over the years I've seen minute harassment of women but not to the degree the media and people here make out. Maybe I haven't been in the wrong place at the right time.

120,000 people went through the gates over the weekend to see the cars of over 2,500 entrants.

Spectators saw XBoss, Tailspin and 8 other new reveals on Friday night in the Elite Hall. Along with previous Summernats champions like Peter Fitzpatricks FC, Mick Fabars XR and the Darrell Leehuis Rodeo. All Elite cars together with many of the best in the country.

Farmtruck and Azn from Discovery channels 'Street Outlaws' were in attendance along with Charlie Hutton (ex Hot Rods by Boyd) . Their Instagram posts showing their enthusiasm seemed fairly genuine. Along with Cletus from 1320.

There was the HQ SS that did the first burnout ever at the first Summernats burnout comp.
Attendees love the burnout comp. You don't have to like it but you needn't criticize it cause you don't like it.

Entertainment at night was awesome. Especially when Airbourne took the stage Saturday night. As is the case in the last couple of years with The Hoodoo Gurus and The Screaming Jets.

But no problems critics, lets ignore the facts but focus on the sensationalism.

Yesterday there was an unfortunate sexual assault reported at the The Australian Tennis Open in Melbourne.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2017, 10:10 PM   #32
.:4:.
Kicking back

There is a purpose to summernats, it's the summer nationals. The top cars from all states come together to get judged on who is the best in their class. I've never been personally as I have been a father most my adult life, but my older brother went back in the early 2000s and treated it like an excuse for stupid behavior. I heard many stories that may or may not be over inflated. Surely nats 1 had a more tame crowd then the gradual progression over the years has seen what you can get away with/expect get slowly worse to what it was back in 03 and whatever the behaviour level is now. You cannot stamp it out immediately, but over a few years some rule changes in steps in forced by event staff (not the police, then no one will go) might get the stupidity down to a level where it's tolerable to all. One of my brothers mates nicked his keys and did some circle work in his ute. Sprayed some cars with rocks and flicked a rock and nailed some guy in the head. He found the car and asked who owned it. Being asleep, my brother was honest as it was his car. The bloke nearly ripped his head off, not about getting nailed by a rock, more about if one hit a kid or older person. I have heard the same story from the guy who stole the keys so I feel that one has credibility. Firstly just don't, secondly, whats the point?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #33
bluovl

Thumbs down Re: The street where you don’t go – Summernats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
I'll add this article from this morning.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news...15-gtrqet.html
Sorry this is too much. Clementine Ford is who you are linking your views on?
Google her folks. First thing that comes up is "Noted Feminist"
I'm so far from sexist but if a "Noted Feminist or Masculinist (?) was credited for my articles I'd be wary.

Make your own mind up.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute

Last edited by bluovl; 19-01-2017 at 11:04 PM.
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2017, 12:44 AM   #34
sbcb
BA Xr8

Well you would never see this sort of drunken bad behaviour at other more classy events....like for example the Melbourne Cup....... oh...opps I'll be quiet now lol
My Ford List - AU1 Futura, AU1 Cobra XR8, EB Gli Project Car, AU2 XR8 200kw, AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT, AU1 V8 Tickford Fairmont Ghia, BF Xr6 6spd ZF, BA MkII XR8, AU3 Fairmont, SX Territory, AU3 Xr8 220kw, BA Xr8.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: