Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #31
basteve
real aussies drive aussie

Default Re: DJR XF - Pretty Cool!

very nice car. xf's are underated but have been the best selling falcon in australian ford history...

.quote

"The Falcon XF sedan and wagon sold between October 1984 and March 1988 (modified to run on unleaded petrol from January 1986), with the Ute running through to March 1993. The handling and ride were described as competent, but the non-powered steering was heavy at low speeds with an overly strong castor action after performing a maneuver such as a U-turn. Power steering (and 4-wheel disc brakes) were made standard in 1986. It remains Ford's best-selling Falcon model to date; over 278,000 XFs were built. It was the first model since the XP not to offer a V8 engine."
basteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
05_ENFORCER

$15K, tell 'im he's dreaming.

$6990.00 all day every day, after all, it's no special pig is it?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #33
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon $5,000.00 flat out and thats only because of who owned it originally otherwise $3,000.00 .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #34
05_ENFORCER

Geez, your a tight bumhole norris

Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #35
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
Geez, your a tight bumhole norris

lol, i reckon hes got it about spot on.

maybe if dicky had already passed on, and he had the almost maniacal following of brocky it would be a possible investment...

and the end of the day its just a tidy xf, with $1000 worth of rims, $1000 worth of front seats and $500 worth of headlights.

also if its virtually undriven since 98 then theres gonna be lots of tuning issues, they hate not being used.

and i like xf's.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
basteve
real aussies drive aussie

so why are peter brock cars so valuable? Ok hes dead maybe thats why. but really isnt dick johnson as collectable as brocky? Theres no signature series on the xf but the signature is present on the log book. Brocks cars dont have this unless of course you go to his early personal collection and he may not even then have bought these from new. Johnsons xf is a real example of ownership. The price is something the guy wants to cash in on but not all of us can say we have a car that was owned by someone famous from new. I would love Elvis's pink cadillac he bought from new that would cost a mint compared to Dick Johnsons XF but it still has a special place amoung the Australian scene if you are a tru blu aussie.
basteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #37
Chopped
as in chopped

Or you can get a "Brock" falcon for the same dosh > http://australianmusclecarsales.com.au/muscle/85003

hhhmmmm, I'll pass on both thanks
Old 03-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #38
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by basteve
so why are peter brock cars so valuable? Ok hes dead maybe thats why. but really isnt dick johnson as collectable as brocky? Theres no signature series on the xf but the signature is present on the log book. Brocks cars dont have this unless of course you go to his early personal collection and he may not even then have bought these from new. Johnsons xf is a real example of ownership. The price is something the guy wants to cash in on but not all of us can say we have a car that was owned by someone famous from new. I would love Elvis's pink cadillac he bought from new that would cost a mint compared to Dick Johnsons XF but it still has a special place amoung the Australian scene if you are a tru blu aussie.
no, johnson is not as collectable as brock. holden have more fans due to the lowest common denominator supporting them. therefore holden fans would rather have a dirty oil stained signed shirt of brock on their wall than a nice piece of artwork. therefore they will collect anything no matter what it is

the other thing is that brock had many different models within his brand. johnson did not. maybe one or two, but not much different to an svo, brock ford or others. it is hard to get excited about a brand, if they only produce 1-2 cars. the brock brand produced many and gives many people the dream of ownership, be they a vc, vk or others. the johnson brand does not have this

lastly it is only an xf. so what if johnson sat his butt in it a few times. for a car to become collectible based on ownership, it probably needs to be collectible in the first place and an xf, no matter how good it was, is not that collectible
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 11:14 AM   #39
sirkwhyxf

Bit of mining, I know this is a very old thread but does anyone have any pics of this car, i missed the advert 10 years ago and google searches for piccys are coming up fruitless.

Btw certainly worth more than 15k these days, but I’ve seen front wheel drive Gemini’s for 10gs too….
sirkwhyxf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2022, 11:47 AM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkwhyxf View Post
Bit of mining, I know this is a very old thread but does anyone have any pics of this car, i missed the advert 10 years ago and google searches for piccys are coming up fruitless.

Btw certainly worth more than 15k these days, but I’ve seen front wheel drive Gemini’s for 10gs too….
This is a start if it’s the same vehicle….
https://classicregister.com/vehicle-...n-xf-svo-sedan
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2022, 01:28 PM   #41
sirkwhyxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
This is a start if it’s the same vehicle….
https://classicregister.com/vehicle-...n-xf-svo-sedan
Nah, I know that one well, that’s the DJ SVO that never got to production stage, this thread is relating to a green xf ghia that was Dicks personal car when new.
Was just hoping that someone may have saved some of the pics out of the eBay advert.

Thanks for the reply but mate, I appreciate the effort 😎👍🏻
Old 05-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #42
sirkwhyxf

Found this

https://www.facebook.com/AustralianM...1212576611956/

Not what I’m looking for, but news to me, never new there was two zircon green ESP’s.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #43
sirkwhyxf

Inter web search has produced and article on Pressreader that seems relevant but I can’t make the link go to the article, I tried signing up to press reader but still no luck.

Third link down the page, excluding videos, just in case anyone is interested.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=d..._AUoAHoECAEQAA

Last edited by sirkwhyxf; 05-01-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:51 PM   #44
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you tried reaching out to Dick himself?.. he might have some info
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2022, 04:27 PM   #45
sirkwhyxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
Have you tried reaching out to Dick himself?.. he might have some info
No, but I guess that is an option. Cheers.