Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #31
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Wynns do a Smoke stop, Engine Tune Up, Stop leak,Power steering treatment, Radiator stop leak etc.
Truly amazing what a bottle of additive will do, However I won't be impressed until they come up with Liquid ConRods for a broken Conrod.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #32
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Wynns do a Smoke stop, Engine Tune Up, Stop leak,Power steering treatment, Radiator stop leak etc.
Truly amazing what a bottle of additive will do, However I won't be impressed until they come up with Liquid ConRods for a broken Conrod.

SMOKE STOP.. try rebuilding your engine.. ENGINE TUNE UP... try a real tune up.. STOP LEAK.. try replacing leaky gaskets.. POWER STEERING TREATMENT.. half a cup of thinners.. RADIATOR STOP LEAK... pepper it works.. hahha ha ha LMAO.... Daaannnggg... SNAKE OIL THE LOT OF IT.. Pottery
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #33
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old cheap ebay 2ltr pinto engine just last week was blowing smoke badly on idle and reving ,was going to the all ford day the next day so I poured a bottle of stop smoke in it at the servo 5ks from home and its was like a new engine by the time I got home.

So mister pottery you may want to give it a try,this isnt the first time Ive used it in an emergengy.

As well as noisey lifter stop worked on our old au ghia.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
SMOKE STOP.. try rebuilding your engine.. ENGINE TUNE UP... try a real tune up.. STOP LEAK.. try replacing leaky gaskets.. POWER STEERING TREATMENT.. half a cup of thinners.. RADIATOR STOP LEAK... pepper it works.. hahha ha ha LMAO.... Daaannnggg... SNAKE OIL THE LOT OF IT.. Pottery
your entitled to your opinion mate, my engine is in excellent condition bar a slight oil leak at the timing case ..... i don`t need the stuff but to my way of thinking anything that reduces friction to the metal on metal parts has to be a good thing and hopefully will result in an engine that lasts even longer, some additives i would`nt use unless circumstances forced me to but in the past i have and radiator stop leak, injector cleaner, and mostly they did what was required of them.

Bushbasher Re: Roil -

IMO, if this stuff is as good as it appears then the question of cost v savings becomes the issue I think. If it has to be added at every oil change then it effectively doubles the cost of that oil change. You'd have to make significant fuel economy savings to make it worth while or it just becomes a false economy considering a well serviced modern engine will go 500,000km easily if looked after properly. I've emailed the distributor and asked this very question so we'll see what he says. If it's something that only needs to go in every 50,000km ( lets say) then it would be good value but if it needs to go in at every change then unless your engine has some issue to start with, why would you bother.
I'll keep you all posted and let you know what the distributor has to say.

i can`t remember word for word Bushbasher but the distributor i spoke to mentioned this he said add approx 70 ml per litre first oil change then next oil change add a much smaller amount (had it written down lost in my good filing system), will be interested what your guy says.

Last edited by mik; 06-06-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: alziemers :(
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #35
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

I agree about regular oil and filter changes is all you need. I reckon a lot of the taxis in melb just do this and probably get 500 000kms+ out of their engines.

But, if you see results like fuel economy from oil additives then go ahead and use it.

I think the oil/additives you use today are far greater then the dinosaur oil used 20 years ago. I reckon the cheap $14.95 4L bottle of oil would be fine. Just regular maintenance far outweighs the oil you use I reckon.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #36
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

For Mik and anyone else who's interested re. the Roil metal conditioner; I got a reply from the distributor and he basically said full dose first time then half doses every change after that. He also claimed a 10-15% fuel economy improvement .
If his claim is anywhere near accurate then at a half dose at say 10000km services then considering all the other benifits, ie. cooler running, less wear on cold start, more HP etc. it would seem like a worthwhile and cost effective excersize. Keep us posted Mik on how the stuff goes for you, expecially your fuel consumption. Anything that can boost your HP and improve your economy while protecting your internals has got to be worth a look I recon.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #37
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctxr6ute
My old cheap ebay 2ltr pinto engine just last week was blowing smoke badly on idle and reving ,was going to the all ford day the next day so I poured a bottle of stop smoke in it at the servo 5ks from home and its was like a new engine by the time I got home.

So mister pottery you may want to give it a try,this isnt the first time Ive used it in an emergengy.

As well as noisey lifter stop worked on our old au ghia.

By all means if you use these miracles in a bottle and get results good luck to you especially if its gona stop a canary.. I just see them as a temporary fix masking a bigger problem.. IMO if ya motors stuffed.. its STUFFED.. Pottery
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #38
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have used nulon engine treatment for years.i use it in my daily driver and in all of my cars and it has never blown gaskets or done anything wrong to any engines i have put it in.i have noticed they run smoother and cooler etc etc and the results are instant especially when you put it in the the engine warm and running.but i can only go off my own personal experiences not something i have heard second hand.i think they work excellent and will always use them and my daily driver still doesnt burn oil.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
For Mik and anyone else who's interested re. the Roil metal conditioner; I got a reply from the distributor and he basically said full dose first time then half doses every change after that. He also claimed a 10-15% fuel economy improvement .
If his claim is anywhere near accurate then at a half dose at say 10000km services then considering all the other benifits, ie. cooler running, less wear on cold start, more HP etc. it would seem like a worthwhile and cost effective excersize. Keep us posted Mik on how the stuff goes for you, expecially your fuel consumption. Anything that can boost your HP and improve your economy while protecting your internals has got to be worth a look I recon.

Bushbasher
will do.
Old 15-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #40
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

roil update , hey guys i have found a little side effect ...well i think its a side effect...well in my case anyway, my vct has started blowing some smoke after adding the roil about 3 weeks ago it could be a coincedence perhaps , but it seems a little odd before the addition there was no noticeable smoke, aside from that the henry does seem to be running as good as it has ever run in the 4.5 years i`ve owned it and perhaps using a bit less juice as well, the smoke thing bothers me though :, the only thing i can think of is a little roil is getting down the valve guides perhaps the roil is showing up worn components, but i`ve only noticed it on full power so far, so i`ll let it go to the next oil change and see what happens.....
Old 24-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #41
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

update: for what ever reason my last post i mentioned after a week or 2 with the roil in fresh oil i had noticed while doing a day trip after having lunch with the relo`s and starting the run home, i i did a James Bond smoke screen on a full power take off to get into a break in the highway traffic:......ok it was`nt quite that bad but my good old Au has never shown a whisp of smoke at any time and on this occasion it was a thin layer to cover 2 lanes of traffic, any way 9 days has passed and all traces of said smoke seem to have gone, have no idea why perhaps something in the fuel , or something to do with the roil or a momentary mechanical problem i don`t know anyway its all good at the moment touch wood ( knocks on head). i did a trip today to Shepparton from melbourne nth burbs, i thought i`d go a run with more hills in it up the hume to seymour then er..... Goulburn Valley Highway i think and a few back roads with a muddy dirt track to my uncles place, as it turned out my first time to his current address they were farms (try and find a house number ) i drove up and down this track for half an hour (at 40 kph) approximatley with no luck and phone number not working :( .... ahh well economy run with roil in de oil .
OK by the speedo did 388 K`s travelled at the end of the run still had 519 dte on the dash, total k`s =857, as noted 1/2 hour up an down a dirt track (corrugations 2k`s+ large potholes approx 1/2 a k ) add to that had to do a u turn and back track 100 metres for missed toilet stop for the other old pensioner, i also deducted 6% of kilometres traveled for speedo/odometer error, that adds up to 805 k`s theoretically traveled in total, i used the economy calculator http://beno.id.au/html/webpages-goldwing/ecoCalc.html ... it gave me 7.45 litres per 100 k or in the old scale for us oldies 37.88 mpg.....and i screwed up on the way back to melb i missed the turn that takes you all the way in to town so had to deal with the traffic heading in from ford factory inwards.
All in all a pretty decent figure for an xr6 i think, i would say i`m better off by at least 50 k`s per tank, perhaps a little more on a trip, if my last run to geelong was any indication it would be closer to 80/100 k`s better( but that might be a freak conditions were perfect) since the roil additive, there you go i`m not saying the stuffs good or bad just reporting my findings, some might say thats not exceptional economy for an Au but for mine it is definatly a little better than usual.
Old 23-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #42
mcsroil
metal conditioner

hello all
i have previous talk about the advantages of roil gold and it is great to see the results of your xr6 !!

this product works in engines gearbox ( a/t and m/t ) diffs and powersteering !

so if you need to get the same results as mik has .. pm me

and there is a special price for ford forum members
mcsroil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #43
Simon_Koala
Starter Motor ?

Can you PM me your special price please ?
Old 23-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #44
mcsroil
metal conditioner

i have pm you
Old 23-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #45
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
three words: lucas oil stabilizer

One of the things I do a fair bit of is to build engines. One of the processes I employ is to pour Lucas oil conditioner all over the valve train and crank prior to sealing it all up. That is in addition to the various moly greasing and molykoting. Seems to work very well.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #46
mcsroil
metal conditioner

hello members
here is some links for more information
http://www.performance-oil-australia.../qut-tests.htm

http://www.performance-oil-australia...ut-tests-2.htm

i hope this helps
Old 03-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #47
erima
Starter Motor

Default Re: Snake Oil! About oil additives

Nulon gear treatment fixed my diff noise
erima is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #48
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have used Moreys Stabiliser in my older cars that used to run old mineral based oils.

But these days if ur running a semi synthetic or full synthetic oil in a modern car engine u really should'nt need any additives as Synthetic are far better than mineral oils.

I run full synthetic 10W50 Penrite in my Barra as recommended buy local parts shop in their Penrite book (6 litres of oil and a 'Cooper' filter costs me $80) but i am also a fan of Nulon products as their also Oz made.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #49
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Banana skins definitely quieten a whining diff, just have to peel them thinly so they fit through the filler hole. You also get to eat the banana.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: