Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #31
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: Is this topic to controversial to touch...

For some reason "multi quote" won't work for me at this stage of the game.

I'm not a Mod, but let's keep on topic - persons arriving here by plane or boat for whatever reason has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Thank you. Let's not get this thread locked, I'm interested in what other members have to say about their views on this topic.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.

Last edited by supershifty; 08-10-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: correction
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #32
red_hotxr6
Banned

So if she has brain washed them here in 2 years, what is going to happen while they are with the father and his family,?/...more brainwashing.??..how is this helping the kids??..Havent the authorities in either country thought about this or is it going in the 2 hard basket??...
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #33
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
They would have had passports to get to Oz

No really????

The girls are citizens of Italy... NOT AUSTRALIA.
Yes they had to get passports to come here.
MY POINT WAS that this was an ITALIAN matter... settled already in Italy.
The media reported they are not Australian citizens.
The Australia consulate got them their passports (no idea if they are dual nationals or not) at the request of their mother before thier "holiday"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
That is not correct an Australian court ruled in favour of the fathers side based on international law. The judge said in his closing statement, that if he went against international law he would be setting a precedent which would have people coming to Australia to hide there kids. It was in court here in Australia for the 2 years and that is why it took so long.

The ruling to deport the kids back to Italy was made by a judge here in Australia, that is why the AFP officers forced the mother to give up the kids.
Ahh.. what i said was correct. The Australia court cant go against the International court ruling. Thats why its NOT an australian matter.
It was a waste of time going to court here as a ruling had been made elsewhere.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #34
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
So if she has brain washed them here in 2 years, what is going to happen while they are with the father and his family,?/...more brainwashing.??..how is this helping the kids??..Havent the authorities in either country thought about this or is it going in the 2 hard basket??...
So your saying the father has no right to claim his kids despite having a legal court ruling in the International court?

The kids were kidnapped by their mother who lied to their father when she said she was just going to take them on holidays to Australia.

All of this was settled in court.... the mother has done everything wrong in this case. She had visitation rights. She was the one who left Italy and came back to Australia. The kids ARE NOT citizens of this country.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #35
red_hotxr6
Banned

Oh, no..he has as much right, as she has, i am saying that the father now has them and who is to say, that he and his family will not try to get those kids to "see things" there way now. I just think that it has got this far, handing them back to the father is not the answer. The kids could spend 6 months here with the mother and 6 months with the father. Or some other compromise..

The way it is now can not be good, not only for those kids, but for both families and close friends involved....
Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #36
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

no parent should ever take their kids away from the other parent
if they split up, then stay within 30 minutes - even closer if possible . . . only a total scum bag would take them to another country
if you have children and want to move to another country, then you go without the kids
the mother brought all of this onto herself and now is crying to the media - and from her pathetic act the children are now traumatised
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #37
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh, no..he has as much right, as she has, i am saying that the father now has them and who is to say, that he and his family will not try to get those kids to "see things" there way now. I just think that it has got this far, handing them back to the father is not the answer. The kids could spend 6 months here with the mother and 6 months with the father. Or some other compromise..

The way it is now can not be good, not only for those kids, but for both families and close friends involved....
The mother has visitation rights already... considering she told their father they are going on a holiday and would be returned, shows she cant be trusted now.

The father has a valid court order from the international court. Australia has NOTHING to do with this.

You cant steal the kids and then expect the father to "comprimise" even more? These kids arent citizens of this country.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #38
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
The kids didnt even have Australian passports... and are citizens of Italy
i believe they have dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
There has NEVER been any "problems" with their father according to the children, they have said that they love him and he was always good to them
the media would have us believe that the children were in danger when with the father. the pictures that were on facebook show a loving father with children that had absolutely no fear of him at all

Quote:
I do understand that the kids were taken without the permission of the father, however, what i dont understand is...if the kids had a great relationship with there father, why arent they welcoming him back with open arms?? any thoughts...
because he lives 3 hours out of rome, which i assume is a village similar to a country town here. of course the older girls are going to love the sunshine coast with its sun and new friends and boys in a country that probably has much more liberal morals

Last edited by gtxb67; 08-10-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #39
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Having been through a custody battle for a child that isn't even a natural child for my misses, nor myself, I can tell you going through that crap in this country is a nightmare.....Under 12 or 13 years old, the child has NO say in where he or she has to live...Once they have reached that age, they then have their own lawyer....

To begin with, the courts assign a person to oversee interaction between parent/s and that gives a lot of weight to the final decision.

Of course there is more involved than that, but it's pointless gouing through the whole shebang on here.

Oh and yes, the misses and I won the case, BUT the case is still open until the child turns 18 years old...

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #40
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only half right, childrens whishes can and are taken into account in domestic matters but in international matters we are bound by UN conventions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
WRONG. Childrens wishes do come into consideration in custody battles. My son wished to stay with me, and family law court gave him that choice. He was 10 years old at that time.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #41
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The mother should have thought of the consequences for her and the children before she duped her husband in agreeing to allowing them to leave the country with her on a holiday to Australia

She violated the terms and conditions of her visitation rights and had absolutely no intension of returning the children to Italy
The mother has been playing us all
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #42
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Man, I wish my Dad had a villa in Italy. I'd live there no matter what he was like!

Yeah yeah, insensitive I know.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #43
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Man, I wish my Dad had a villa in Italy. I'd live there no matter what he was like!

Yeah yeah, insensitive I know.
Maybe insensitive, but probably not far from the truth for the kids..

They come to OZ, beaches, awesome new experiences, mother brainwashing them, who'd wanna go home?!

I am VERY surprised (and glad!) to see lots of people seeing this for what it is rather than the "wo is me" attitude taken by the mother and portrayed in the media.. Her actions are disgusting and I hope the Italian court restricts visitation further, because her actions are detrimental to her childrens well being.
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #44
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wont give out too much detail, but many yrs ago guy i knew had his wife leave him and their kids... for 2yrs she didnt contact them at all.
Suddenly after 2 yrs shows up and wants custody... its not just males who make awful parents.

And yes if it was a guy who did this he would get the same amount of disgust from myself and others.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #45
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

And yes if it was a guy who did this he would get the same amount of disgust from myself and others.
Wrong, the media would tell everyone their father stole the 4 daughters and there would be people bashing down his door...
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #46
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
Wrong, the media would tell everyone their father stole the 4 daughters and there would be people bashing down his door...
I wasnt speaking about the media.... but i know what you mean.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #47
Cam
Stroking it...

All tongue and cheek mate

But seriously if that's the way media portrayed it plenty of people would jump on board the bandwagon without considering the facts, regardless of what they are!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
superyob
Banned

Made for TV drama. Take the media spin and cameras away and there is no story...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #49
red_hotxr6
Banned

Hopefully the two parties involved will come to there senses and realise that the kids come first and not themselves...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #50
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Hopefully the two parties involved will come to there senses and realise that the kids come first and not themselves...

Hit the nail on the head.....all this media crap won't bring out the truth...The only ones that know the truth are the parents and you can guarantee, they'll never let on to the media about that.

Hopefully the kids will be able to figure out who's crapping on the most and get away from them when they're old enough

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #51
gtxb67

Quote:
unfortunately they probably won't. if the mother's only concern was for the kids, she would still live in italy where the kids were born
that way the kids could see both parents
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #52
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think federal's should have the power to break doors in and punch babies in the face.

Obviously im being sarcastic and the powers that be should get there ***'s kicked.
Sprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #53
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint
I think federal's should have the power to break doors in and punch babies in the face.
Obviously im being sarcastic and the powers that be should get there ***'s kicked.
Sprint, I don't get where your coming from here - I appreciate all forms of sarcasm. I just don't get it.

Could you please explain? Or have I missed something totally obvious to everyone else?

Cheers!

(not having a go at you either)

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #54
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I meaning these feds or who ever they are wearing sidearms while handling a 10 year old should pull there head in, and that goes for dictator goverments also inc law inforcements.

show some humanity?
Sprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #55
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

yes, telling crying, upset children that they're under arrest - i'm sure that helped the situation enormously..... not.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #56
Full Noise
Life begins at 40
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl
yes, telling crying, upset children that they're under arrest - i'm sure that helped the situation enormously..... not.
Well, do you have a better idea? If so, let’s hear it.
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #57
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
unfortunately they probably won't. if the mother's only concern was for the kids, she would still live in italy where the kids were born
that way the kids could see both parents

2 sides there....The mother obviously has family in Australia and the mothers family has the right to see their nieces just as the kids have the rights to see anties/uncles and grand parents.

The same applies to the Father.

So I see both parents being selfish in this area.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #58
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
2 sides there....The mother obviously has family in Australia and the mothers family has the right to see their nieces just as the kids have the rights to see anties/uncles and grand parents.

true, but the person in the new country needs to think long and hard about whether they want to stay there before becoming a parent

the girls had the chance to see their family - they were allowed to go on holiday, but the mother neglected to take them back to their home

as i posted earlier, no parent should take their child away from the other parent. if they can't live together, they split, but stay close to each other so the kids can see both parents each week, on christmas day, on their birthdays and so they can see the celebrating parent on that parents birthday
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #59
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter

How can the father be selfish?

They lived in Italy, they split, he got custody as she left the country.
She had visitation rights and he allowed her to take them back to Australia on a "two" week holiday which turned into 2yrs...

How is the father being unfair?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #60
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl
The way the mother carried on, if that was a male he would have been arrested. She should be in jail for kidnapping along with any family members who assisted.
I hope this finally shows some of these shifty women that they dont have automatic rights to children.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post