Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #31
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bullying - Schools and societies attitudes.

As I stated before, school has regressed back to the primal stages of you must physically attack someone to create a standing of dominance.
Very intriguing.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #32
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

I have no time for Bully's - my 10 yo boy has had trouble since grade 1, Did the whole, "Tell the teacher", then the "stop it I don't like it" and eventually the "defend yourself mate" and all to no avail until the wife told No1 son to "kick him in the family jewels" next time he was hassled and if ever got into trouble for it to get the principal to call her. So, a few weeks later, No1 son did just that and has had no problems ever since.
He is now a happier kid and loves school.
So I say go forth and defend yourself.

"It's only a Pinhole!" XP resto(SOLD)
Low006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #33
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on him. He should be congratulated for his effort. He defended himself without going over the top.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #34
2002au
Define definitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Yep..need to stop wrapping kids in cotton wool..kids are too soft these days..thats why they go around fighting in gangs, because they can't fight for themselves
yes!! wat he said. i currently go to high school and theres always gangs of kids who think their the best, nothing better to do than start fights.

i know how this kid feels, a certain group of bogans at school used to annoy the crap out of me because im tall (6 foot 5 and just turned 16 lol). anyways 1 day last year i was at lunch with my mates just sitting down when they start being mouthy as usual and acting tuff, the main leader of them come up to me and said "ya wanna fight ya tall piece of sh&^, i say no and he says "too scared anyways and pushes me. so i turn around and throw a massive punch and lands him, and he falls straight to the growned yelling at his mates to help, but there just standing there doing nothing! anyways a few teachers came and pulled me off him because i was still hitting him.

gotta say i didnt get suspended, but did get detention for a few weeks. but never had any trouble since.
BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #35
Spudz27
Call me Spud

This is why my daughter (5) will be going to Karate or Tae Kwon Do when I am 100% fit again. I will do it with her so we can do an activity together, plus I began Karate years ago but left due to being lazy lol. My son (2) will also be going to Karate or Tae Kwon Doe when he is old enough. I want my kids to learn to walk away first, but if it comes down to it at least know how to defend yourself.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #36
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser '81
If you see a better quality version of that clip, the other kid seen approaching the big kid after he slammed the small kid down seems to be on the small kid's side, because he says "fat c***" to him, so he was being ganged up on. Notice how he just walked away? So he was using the "just walk away" method - He used physical self-defence when been physically assaulted but just walked away from the other idiot as he was being heckled by him.

I also think the girl that intervenes says leave him alone, or he'll do the same to you, along those lines either that or im trippin heh, good on the kid, bullies are gutless sacks of crap who prey on people who they think are weaker than them then when they get the smack laid down on them the game changes.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #37
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

My eldest son was suspended from school last year after an altercation with a known troublemaker.
For months leading up to the event he had been hassling my lad and getting away with it despite our constant complaints to the teachers etc.
One evening i told my lad to just belt the little arsewipe next time he started his crap.
Well, within a week it all came to a head.
The troublemaker and his sidekick started pushing and punching my lad so he let go with a few of his own.
It ended up on the ground at which time the side kick laid the boot into my lads head.
Another student freaked out and ran to get a teacher who eventually stopped it.
The next day my lad was suspended for an 'act of violence' as was the troublemaker, the sidekick who inflicted the most dangerous blow got off scott free because his mum cried and blamed her kids actions on the stress caused by the recent miscarriage she had.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #38
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Absolute rubbish the Big Dude got suspended.....!

Good on him, the lil snot got what he deserved, if it went to court it would have been self defense - but at this School they got it wrong.

The lil snot thought he was a hero, got his mates to video it!

What a loser - the video has made the lil snot a YouTube Epic Fail Winner!

Awesome!!!!!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #39
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

Never throw the first, Always throw the last was what we were taught...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #40
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Guys, this is another example.

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3D7VcQO3pvywE

I'm not condoing violence, but the kid being picked on keeps saying "I don't know you and I don't want to do this..." but in the end he defends himself.

I'd like to shake his father's hand for teaching his son to stay calm, defend himself and then walk away.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #41
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is a news article on it:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1942375/
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #42
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This sort of crap doesn't help the bully's cause

I am absolutely rapt that the snivelling little **** hot his just desserts.

I hate male pack mentality - a group of young men that consider themselves superior in every way. The sad thing is that they would never behave like that on their own.

The ironic thing is that the cameraman was filming only to show off how cool littel Ritchard was with his ghetto streetfighting, but the tables ended up being reversed. Sweet justice!

As always, the system breaks down and a student who is bullied for years gets suspended for merely defending himself.

If Casey was the tall, muscular kid, they wouldn't have ever touched him. In fact, they'd try to be his friend...funny how 'The Fat Kid' is targeted.

The problem with 'anti-bullying' is that it is far too reactive rather than proactive. All schools ever do is give 'warnings' and the like.
They wait until something bad happens or a person defends themselves, and they deal with everybdoy rather than get to the crux of the problem.

As for decent people - they don't look for fights so things like pack mentality and such are non-existent in their lives. They respect the rights of others regardless of shape, race, sexuality, religion etc. and if they think somebody is a ******, they'll just walk away rather than cause trouble because one day, somebody else will come along and knock their block off for them.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #43
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260

I'm not condoing violence, but the kid being picked on keeps saying "I don't know you and I don't want to do this..." but in the end he defends himself.

I'd like to shake his father's hand for teaching his son to stay calm, defend himself and then walk away.
What's funny about that is the bully was on the front foot, and the victim on the back and the bully still got owned. I hope he broke that guys nose

I know everyone says this and that about violence and bullying but dobbing on them or talking it out etc does not do f all except in a limited amount of cases. It's the cold hard truth whether you accept it or not

If you smack them one they aint likely going to do it again because most bullies get their strength from thinking they are stronger which if you prove otherwise can't be the case.

Obviously there's force within reason but if you have been tormented enough there is going to come the time where you snap.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #44
Mal__01
Starter Motor

This stuff has happened and always will. It's not new.

Its sad that it does but that's reality.

I had my scuffles when I was younger, won some loss a few too.

I think too many parents try and cotton wool there kids from this stuff these days.

Yeah I agree you don't want to see your loved ones bullied / bashed.

This is what kids do and have done always... just it was never filmed.

This is nothing new just it hits home more when u see it on Youtube, rather than "bill's" mum said little Johnny got the flog on sat.

Kids will be kids and Mum and Dad should understand that despite these being horrible experiences for the kids when going through it, it will make them stronger better equipped adults in the end.

The world has too many crybaby's as is, no need to encourage more.

Don't get me wrong I do no condone violence, I am just a realist.
Mal__01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #45
KuRT12

No this is the original footage here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhm...er-version_fun
KuRT12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #46
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

What a legend!!!

I am a "fat kid" myself but being 6 foot 4 its not to bad and I dont get hassled lol. I'm 20 now but during school only ever had little problems. In year 3 one morning one of my best mates was being bullied by some year 6 kids over the other side of the playground. I was with mum and could see he was hurt so ran over and crash tackled the year 6 kid and hit him with a solid hay maker. He didnt get up and his mates just looked at me as if to say crap dont hit me. After that I got in trouble as usual but was never hassled again and actually made more friends.

If anyone says anything these days I just turn it back on them and say "always picking on the fat kid..tell me something I havent heard" then just laugh it off. Can't say I get any hassles now as I'm outgoing and pretty laid back. Just have a heap of good mates and fair bit of respect. Can't complain lol

I agree kids are being babied too much these days and need to stand up for themselves

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #47
Zero_PSI
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
Never throw the first, Always throw the last was what we were taught...
Was taught much the same. I was brought up with 2 older brothers, so being tough was something i had to be. The way kids are taught to deal with bullies is wrong, although it's reccomended, you can't always walk away.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #48
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Old 17-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #49
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRT12
No this is the original footage here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhm...er-version_fun
I haven't laughed that hard in ages......I wonder if the tech age we live in will help deter this type of thing. I mean could it be any worse for the skinny kid.

Issue here is for me is that this is a society issue too....not just the rat kid.

The kid filming, the two blondes watching/laughing are no better and hopefully got some punishment aswell.

This could have gone bad if the skinny kid did his back or neck...he would have deserved the retaliation but perhaps not being crippled. Sounds extreme but it can happen quite easily.

The best thing about this is that everyone knows about it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #50
zdcol71
zdcol71

The only one in this video that gets any kudos from me, is the girl who intervenes at the end.
I think the dynamic of bullying has changed a huge amount from when I was at school, and I imagine there are a lot of smater minds than mine trying to come up with an answer to what is a tragic condition of our society.
Old 17-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #51
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to sound like a do gooder, but I thought the video was quite sickening.

It was just the impact on the ground that really got to me.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #52
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
This is why my daughter (5) will be going to Karate or Tae Kwon Do when I am 100% fit again. I will do it with her so we can do an activity together, plus I began Karate years ago but left due to being lazy lol. My son (2) will also be going to Karate or Tae Kwon Doe when he is old enough. I want my kids to learn to walk away first, but if it comes down to it at least know how to defend yourself.
Same here. I used to do Jeet Kune Do years ago but had to stop because of a basketball injury. I'm considering Aikido or Krav Maga for my daughter and myself when she's a bit older.
I was "the quiet one" at school and was a bullying target because of it, despite being a large kid who was into basketball and American football.
I won't go into details, but I eventually snapped. Not as epically as young Casey, but the bullies backed off a bit. Seeing the video made me wish I'd body-slammed every single one of them.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #53
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Found myself cheering for the Larger kid, good on him, hope the little snot has a permanent injury as a reminder of how mucho he thinks he was and got owned when it came to a head.
Old 17-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #54
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
Not to sound like a do gooder, but I thought the video was quite sickening.

It was just the impact on the ground that really got to me.
Sickens you , what should sicken you is the way this little dog was acting and how little dogs like him act all the time. I saw the incident on tele the other night. When I saw that kid get slammed on the ground I pumped my fist into the air and screamed "yeh" as those the roosters had just scored the winning try in the last minute of the grand final. Brilliant to see. While I am forty now ,we were taught to do boxing at school from the age of 5 , we were also taught respect of others , and not to hit a man while he is on the ground. We were also taught to defend ourselves when neccesary . This poor kid did exactly as we were taught at school yet he gets suspended. Too many goody two shoe crap polices these day. This liitle piece of shyte got exactly what he deserved and more. This clip will be on youtube for the rest of his life and he will never live it down. HE WILL ALWAYS BE KNOWN AS THE LITTLE SMARTARSE ***** THE GOT SLAMMED. Hopefully this will be a good lesson to others out there.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #55
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

What's up with the way the little kid was 'fighting' anyway...Reminds me of the little natives up here in FNQ that are knee high to a grass hopper but think they can fight...

You can tell in the clip ol mate Casey is gearing up to....and half looks like he knows how to fight as well, see him checking each blow with his left...That's what I see at least.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #56
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

wow that was crazy, "im not taking this **** anymore, it stops now". then just walks away
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #57
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

hahaha.....

gotta love new technology managing to make bad videos bloody hilarious!
Old 17-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #58
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:

LMAO @ the Redneck Ganster with no shirt on.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #59
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyson
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH made my day and /thread :P

Also Dave, your reaction when you saw it on TV was a mirror of mine. I heard the story, turned around from my pc and I was like, scum bastard, poor big guy, then after the slam I was like OH MY GOSH WOOOO, and ran to show mum bahahahaa.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #60
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxctive
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH made my day and /thread :P

Also Dave, your reaction when you saw it on TV was a mirror of mine. I heard the story, turned around from my pc and I was like, scum bastard, poor big guy, then after the slam I was like OH MY GOSH WOOOO, and ran to show mum bahahahaa.
What hope do we have.