Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2006, 12:33 AM   #31
pandaman
Back in Blue!

XR8's with the quads have the looks IMHO. As for the little bit of dirt and soot on XR8888, it just makes it look that much tougher, but hey, country boy opinion there. Hell whatever way you go, It's still gonna sound incredible so it's win win!

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 09:27 AM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

*Definitely* the quads. In all honesty, I think the duals on the BF GT are hideous.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #33
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
If you can't tell the difference between an XR and XT there is something wrong with you, IMO
Right you are Gecko.what ever was I thinking,the diff between the XR and the XT rears are quite astounding. :
Old 08-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #34
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Ok you AU lover, the lower bumper is different and of course if they have forked out for the rear spoiler they will look more similar, but a standard XT does not come with a spoiler where a XR does (or that chrome trim, you could have used a standard XT for your point). If I put a spoiler on a XR and the rear bar there is no difference between the XR and a GT, my point is talk stock with comments like that. I know the spoiler is a factory mod but it is still a mod and therfore closes the gap between the two.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #35
chief
FTF Club Moderator

What about BF with Quads? I will do a quick photoshop.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #36
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Here is the chop with the BF with quads.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Call me strange but I actually prefer the stock tips, i think they look great in real life.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #38
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there is no diff between a standard AU and a Xr AU either,was just giving a reason why I perfer the GT rear over the XR.I like plastic,I love the EB GT.The XR is a very clean looking car,no dout about it,and some do stand out more over others,but imo too many XR's blend into the traffic and can go by un-noticed,but I challange anyone to miss a GT.Yes I do love AU's,wouldnt get rid of it for anything,after all,some one has to like the AU shape over the BA/BF,and that some one is me.At the end of the day it is good that people like diff looks about cars or we would all be driving an AU. lol
Old 08-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #39
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
there is no diff between a standard AU and a Xr AU either,was just giving a reason why I perfer the GT rear over the XR.I like plastic,I love the EB GT.The XR is a very clean looking car,no dout about it,and some do stand out more over others,but imo too many XR's blend into the traffic and can go by un-noticed,but I challange anyone to miss a GT.Yes I do love AU's,wouldnt get rid of it for anything,after all,some one has to like the AU shape over the BA/BF,and that some one is me.At the end of the day it is good that people like diff looks about cars or we would all be driving an AU. lol

You should love your AU, it is a beaut beast and a trophy winner to boot. As for XR's blending in, mine doesn't, I have made sure of that :
If the XR's had wild kits on them, what would that leave for FPV? Ford had to keep the XR more subtle with the emergence of the FPV, a problem the AU did not have. Besides wild kits don't appeal to everyone so the XR has a strong market, as sales figures show.

I really don't want to make this a BA v AU war, we have covered that ground and no one wins, besides I love them both and would have to argue on both sides. I just do not enjoy hearing people suggest that my $50 000 car is no different to a XT, would you?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #40
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Call me strange but I actually prefer the stock tips, i think they look great in real life.
You and me both..lol I must admit, the BF does also look good with the quads as well. For me I just prefer the less fussy look of two larger tips than the four. I would like to see what a BA GT rear end would look like with the BF style twin exit.
I think that XR8 in the piture will always look tough because for starters, it's lowered which helps a whole lot visually compared to the GT-P that isn't.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #41
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
You and me both..lol I must admit, the BF does also look good with the quads as well. For me I just prefer the less fussy look of two larger tips than the four. I would like to see what a BA GT rear end would look like with the BF style twin exit.
Easy answer that, Hot!
Yes the big squared off duals are less busy, can see that style ending up on my beast when I eventually get the exhaust done.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #42
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
The XR is a very clean looking car,no dout about it,and some do stand out more over others,
Gecko,^^^ yours would be one of them,with the colour which I love and the stripes it really stands out from the crowd.You should congratulate your self on the fine effort that you have put into your car as a total package.I can truely appreciate the thought,time and money that you have invested into your pride and joy.I was only generalising,and not making a personal attack on your car.Being in a club like ours I guess I have become complacent when seeing standard XR's(if there is such a thing) compared to the examples that I am now used to driving along side on club runs.I appoligise if I have offended you,as it certainly was not my intetion.
Rob.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #43
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

No personal attack taken, never was. I guess we do get spoilt being surrounded by so many well loved and cared for examples of these fine beasts of all models. Kind of forget what a standard one looks like. To me the EL is Drews, Au is yours, BA Is mine (and the best) and the BF is Tori's. That is what they should all look like although there are some other awesome variations of all those models which would be too big a list to mention.
Old 14-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #44
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Go the "QUAD" look but get the bigger pipes ( 3 1'2 " ).....like this
Mate i have to say, i do a bit of photography as a hobby, that's a really nice shot. I'm getting a twin 3" dual tip put on next weekend, as mine's only an xr6 and would look stupid with quads (unless i'd redone the exhaust of course, which i won't be doing for a while, if at all). Should look nice.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #45
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Mate i have to say, i do a bit of photography as a hobby, that's a really nice shot. I'm getting a twin 3" dual tip put on next weekend, as mine's only an xr6 and would look stupid with quads (unless i'd redone the exhaust of course, which i won't be doing for a while, if at all). Should look nice.
Thanks mate...whilst I would love to take the credit for the shot, it was actually taken by Olympus another forum member.

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #46
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Talking

Quote:
Thanks mate...whilst I would love to take the credit for the shot, it was actually taken by Olympus another forum member.

Cheers

Brad
Heh heh, Yeah and I'm still waiting for my bottle of Makers Mark. :baby bott
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #47
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quad pipes look stupid and are ugly. Stick to twins.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #48
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ok....bit cleaner....sorry about the size

there defenitly the best looking tip getting around and at $80 a pop you wont see to many either. I have them on my ute also.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #49
Steve
torque is your friend

I can't seem to find them. Anyone know where I can get them from?
Old 28-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #50
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Hmm quads do look great, but I'd like to see a set of twins (circular) that are LARGE. I'm not convinced on the BF rear bar insert, it struck me as though the rear was a face with the tail lights as eyes and the rear bar insert being its braces!

Oh and remove any and all trace of any spoiler, bar a small lip one ala DJR.
Old 13-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #51
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

Does anyone know of any place in the ACT or Sydney who can do the Quad Setup ?
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #52
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

I saw a BA XR6 with quads yesterday, which is a LITTLE excessive i think for a six ;p
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #53
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
City Custom Exhaust will do it, including cutting out a section on the LHS of the rear bar for a BA.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #54
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Considering so many riced up 6s have twin pipes, you almost need the quads just to let everyone know it IS an 8.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #55
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
On my old Gt-P, Autotech in Granville did it for me. Quad pipes, pacemaker headers, high flow cats all fitted for $2500. Extra 14rwkw on old cats back system, but improved low rpm torque out of sight.
Old 13-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #56
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Considering so many riced up 6s have twin pipes, you almost need the quads just to let everyone know it IS an 8.
Mazda6 has twin pipes and their bloody 4's!
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #57
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Here is a Herrod quad set up.
Cheers John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Herrods Quad 020.jpg small.jpg (121.5 KB, 71 views)

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #58
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really do hate the bf exhaust tips and bumpers...
I like the black ba heaps better.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #59
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The BA one from the OP looks a lot more classier and a lot less tackier. I think the BF GT looks very tacky indeed.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #60
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

clevlndstemer.. i love your name.. lmfao!
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post