Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #31
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Left lane is the new overtaking lane.
Agreed.
And this is how I approach it where I live.
Every idiot seems to LOVE driving in the right hand lane for the entire duration of their boring, underwhelming, "I only need my 'economical' 4 cyl auto Camry (using the same amount of fuel as a Falcon 6 - but you can't tell them that...) to get from A-B" trip regardless of their speed.
I just undertake them and be done with it.

It's only frustrating when you've got one in the left doing 90 and the other in the right doing 91... :evil3:
When this occurs cars should be impounded and drivers fined...oh wait, that only applies to "hoons" not morons...
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #32
Jondalar
Formely FG G6E Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
What were you doing in the right lane on the Bruce anyway. Stick in the left and go with the flow, its much faster than dealing with the overtaking lane squatters.
I never stick to any one lane, I change to find the gaps around the squatters and slow coaches, however even with 4 lanes in the one direction you cannot always find a way past, that's when right lane squatters like the GT today are most annoying.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #33
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

worse is when the idiots overtake (not that i get passed that often) and then slow down once the overtaking lane finishes.
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #34
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

I always thought that duel lanes (2 lanes) had the keep left unless overtaking rule and mutli lanes it wasn't (3lanes)
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #35
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar
I never stick to any one lane, I change to find the gaps around the squatters and slow coaches, however even with 4 lanes in the one direction you cannot always find a way past, that's when right lane squatters like the GT today are most annoying.

Thats when mystery lane comes in handy
Old 07-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #36
desGT

Hey, don't tell Vic drivers that they should be keeping to the left in multi-lane roads/highways/freeways (even with "Keep left unless overtaking" signs).

I get a whole (left) lane to myself!!!
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #37
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
I always thought that duel lanes (2 lanes) had the keep left unless overtaking rule and mutli lanes it wasn't (3lanes)
Considering the amount of dual lane 60 zones there are, do you really believe that would be practical?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #38
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Left lane is the new overtaking lane.
If you're in Vic I wouldn't do this to much...

I got done for overtaking in the left lane about a year ago now (wasn't speeding).... couple a points and a few hundred dollar fine.....

All because some idiot decided it was cool to be doing 60km/h in an 80 zone in the right lane........
FOR SALE1996 EF Series 2 Fairmont Ghia | Ported and Polished Head with Bigger Valves and Springs, Wade 1636, AU Head Gasket, 3.45 LSD, Shift Kitted Auto, RDA Slotted Rotors, QFM Performance Pads,Hornet Scooped Bonnet :evil3: , Custom CAI

Cobra Motorsports
Saiken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #39
Luke3000

IDIOT DRIVERS!

There are a lot out there today. For example today my family and me were heading home from the beach and were at a single lane t intersection onto mount ousley, near wollongong and a black corolla with 4 men of middle eastern appearance try and push in and drag race us up a hill. My dad drives a v6 prado and took up the challenge and just absolutely blew this underpowered overweight corolla out of the water! they took about another 500m to overtake us after we settled down, a P plater also.
I feel sorry for P platers who are given a bad name by other idiots on their P's.
Luke3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #40
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
It's only frustrating when you've got one in the left doing 90 and the other in the right doing 91... :evil3:
When this occurs cars should be impounded and drivers fined...oh wait, that only applies to "hoons" not morons...
happens so often here in Perth... except it's 3 lanes doing the same speed - 85 up to 95, down to 85, up to 90....

Then the right lane slows, coz there is some merging happening two lanes to the left.... man I hate these freeways - they are a good idea, just very frustrating to drive on with anything more than minimal traffic. I used to live in Sydney and the M4 was HEAPS less frustrating to drive on than the freeways over here...

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT
randel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #41
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by desGT
Hey, don't tell Vic drivers that they should be keeping to the left in multi-lane roads/highways/freeways (even with "Keep left unless overtaking" signs).

I get a whole (left) lane to myself!!!
The M1 to the gold coast is like that............ I just cruise at the speed limit in the left or 2nd left lane and pass everyone... and the people in the 'fast' lane hover about the same spot i am.... its crazy.

Some people say, they set their cruise at 109kph and just sit in lane 3!! !go figure!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #42
InTrail

I'm not sure increasing the criminality of such offences would work. No doubt one of the ignorant drivers camped in the right lane would claim 'left lane phobia' as a medical condition.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:46 AM   #43
Gaz
Got Ghia?

I'm a right lane hog! But that's cause i'm right on the speed limit and when I see someone coming up behind me I jump into the left so they don't have to slow down. Otherwise i'm going left, right, left, right every 20 seconds.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:00 AM   #44
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm this could be the right thread for this little gem , i noticed it on google news.

A Darwin man has been fined $2,000 for filming himself masturbating while speeding along the Stuart Highway.

The man is already in jail until August after pleading guilty to carrying cannabis in the car boot and two plants on the back seat.

Brenton Alan Erhardt, 39, pleaded guilty in the Darwin Magistrates Court to dangerous driving.

He was pulled over by police on the Stuart Highway in July speeding at 147 kilometres per hour, south of Daly Waters.

He admitted to officers he filmed himself masturbating while driving from Adelaide to Darwin.

He also pleaded guilty to driving unlicensed, carrying two cannabis smoking pipes, administering the drug and carrying a loaded rifle.

Magistrate Sue Oliver says the driving was bizarre to say the least and conduct she expects of someone much younger.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #45
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
hmmm this could be the right thread for this little gem , i noticed it on google news.

A Darwin man has been fined $2,000 for filming himself masturbating while speeding along the Stuart Highway.

The man is already in jail until August after pleading guilty to carrying cannabis in the car boot and two plants on the back seat.

Brenton Alan Erhardt, 39, pleaded guilty in the Darwin Magistrates Court to dangerous driving.

He was pulled over by police on the Stuart Highway in July speeding at 147 kilometres per hour, south of Daly Waters.

He admitted to officers he filmed himself masturbating while driving from Adelaide to Darwin.

He also pleaded guilty to driving unlicensed, carrying two cannabis smoking pipes, administering the drug and carrying a loaded rifle.

Magistrate Sue Oliver says the driving was bizarre to say the least and conduct she expects of someone much younger.
LoL, seems he was carrying 2 loaded weapons and fired one off :
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #46
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
I'm a right lane hog! But that's cause i'm right on the speed limit and when I see someone coming up behind me I jump into the left so they don't have to slow down. Otherwise i'm going left, right, left, right every 20 seconds.
It's that big a deal to have to change lanes that often? Keep left UNLESS OVERTAKING.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #47
axeray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiken

I got done for overtaking in the left lane about a year ago now (wasn't speeding).... couple a points and a few hundred dollar fine.....
I've had a few friends get done for this as well.
axeray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #48
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiken

All because some idiot decided it was cool to be doing 60km/h in an 80 zone in the right lane........
You can't be serious???!!!
If you did in fact get done for this I have officially lost the tiny, microscopic amount of respect I have (had) for police!!!
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #49
zyweik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inducted_Breeze
This is normal for WA, we all know the worst drivers on the planet drive in WA...absolutely shocking...

you've obviously never driven in italy or indonesia.. they're insane over there :P
zyweik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #50
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

The thing I hate is being in the right lane and going past other traffic. I'm a little over the speed limit and the traffic I'm overtaking is right on it or a tad under. I'm passing them but not at a huge rate of knots. Then some sits right on my ***!!!! As soon as I've cleared the cars I'm passing and just going to change one lane to the left the said dives in and passes me on my left!!!

The other thing that pushes my buttons is when I'm at a red light. It turns green and within the second it takes me to move my right foot off the brake to the accelerator and start to press down on it some dick behind me gets on the horn!! God damn I hate that!! If anything will drive me to do a road rage that is it!!!

Can't people just wait a second or two??

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #51
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyweik
you've obviously never driven in italy or indonesia.. they're insane over there :P

You obviously havent been to india then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
The other thing that pushes my buttons is when I'm at a red light. It turns green and within the second it takes me to move my right foot off the brake to the accelerator and start to press down on it some dick behind me gets on the horn!! God damn I hate that!! If anything will drive me to do a road rage that is it!!!

Can't people just wait a second or two??
No they cant peoples time is very important, you know how long it takes to order maccas and then the wait at the bottle shop...it reduces woodstock drinking time!!! :P

Anywho if that happens, wait at the light and then slowly creep off the line.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #52
tweeked
N/A all the way

Too many guesses on this topic. This is straight out of the Queensland Transport road rules.

Keeping left
When you drive on a two-way road, the basic rule is keep as
close as practical to the left.
When you drive on a multi-lane road where the speed limit is
more than 80 km/h, you must not travel in the far right lane
unless you are:
overtaking
turning right
making a U-turn
avoiding an obstacle
driving in congested traffic.
You could be fined for driving in the right-hand lane.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #53
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i usually sit in the left all the time the only time i get naughty is if the left lane is full of pot holes, the law says you maintain your car in roadworthy condition, beating the crap out of it with nasty pot holes " I WONT DO ".
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #54
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
If you did in fact get done for this I have officially lost the tiny, microscopic amount of respect I have (had) for police!!!
In NSW I believe its legal to pass other cars in the left lane. Just not in the shoulder.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #55
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

ive used the shoulder a few times with dicks that seem to think they are cops so sit right on 99kmh and stay side by side for km after km NOTHING shits me more than that, its keep left unless overtaking not sit side by side and be a law unto yourself.. then you get the muppits that speed up for overtaking lanes when you have been behind them for the past 10K doing 88 in a 100 with no chance to get past..

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 01:32 AM   #56
BroncosXR8
Soldier on

I actually really like the way Italians dirve on their autostrada's!
If someone is blocking the right hand lane (or be it left I cant remember) the following car turns on their indicator, indicating they wish to pass, if they still dont move, they get flashed.
And you know what, the person getting overtaken doesnt all of a sudden think they have been robbed of their right to travel in that lane, they usually move over letting the other car overtake and everyone happily goes along on their journey!

I dont see what the problem with having to change lanes to let someone pass is?

Now driving in Italian cities... thats WHOLE different argument!

P.S I also got beeped last night at a light! I was in the process of putting my foot on the accelerator (and I was watching the light, it wasnt as if I didnt notice) and I got BEEPED!!! Seriously the guy must of had his hand on it just waaating to beep me!
BroncosXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #57
whitexr
roughneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inducted_Breeze
This is normal for WA, we all know the worst drivers on the planet drive in WA...absolutely shocking...
Have to agree with that comment and I've driven in a lot of differrent countries both left and right hand drives.
Ego XR6 BF MK 2 NA, 6 spd Auto. Eng mods - Plazmaman air pipe and airbox w/pod filter & xr8 upp snkl, undrdrv, xtrctrs+2.5 hiflo cat & zorst, K & N fltr, BPT Custm tune. 175rwkw. Hndlng mods-1" lwrd Kings sprngs, Whiteline sway bars.
Bling - lwr grill, 19x8 Dark Ardent rims w/ 245 Maxxis, custm tail lites, XR scff plts, XR mats, Shift-i, pod gages, Fairmon chrm boot trim, chrm mirrors, boot de-bdge, red au xr6 side bdges, alloy fuse & comp covers.
To do: Hndlng mods - brake upgrade
whitexr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #58
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

Quote:
Unfortunately I am....... wasn't that long after i got my licence too
:
FOR SALE1996 EF Series 2 Fairmont Ghia | Ported and Polished Head with Bigger Valves and Springs, Wade 1636, AU Head Gasket, 3.45 LSD, Shift Kitted Auto, RDA Slotted Rotors, QFM Performance Pads,Hornet Scooped Bonnet :evil3: , Custom CAI

Cobra Motorsports
Saiken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post