Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #31
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: Shockwave Paint Recall Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450 View Post
Patrol351 i see you were in a thread re this issue back in 2008 and i realise then you probably had no problem , but that was the time to call Ford and register an interest as you could be concerned. Nearly 10 years on i am surprised you would think any manufacturer would come to the party. The boat , as they say, has well and truly sailed on this problem so i wouldn't get my hopes up.
GT450
Yes and No
If its an original factory problem it should be honored regardless.
Just like the AirBag issue on the old Hondas / BMW from well over 15 years ago, those factories are buying back the whole car..........
FRAUD wont admit liability per se because it sets a precedent. Best course of action is to file an official complaint with documented evidence and expert advice from several panel beaters on the state of the paint and then take FRAUD up on the case and keep chasing. Ignorance and non disclosure from FRAUD is not evidence of "NO FAULT"
PPG was their supplier and the paint process was under their control and FRAUD QC. Whole process was under their manufacturing ownership.

Keep chasing I say................

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2020, 05:54 PM   #32
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Claiming against a manufacturing defect can usually only be done during or a little after the warranty period, which unfortunately in this case is well and truly past. That is unless its a safety recall or the alike which has officially been recognised as a threat to personal safety. That's why the air bag vehicles are being repaired or bought back so many years later. This is totally different to a paint issue which is cosmetic. I gather they will most probably ask why this was not presented to the dealer at an earlier point in time, what is the history of the vehicle, has it been well maintained, cared for, stored correctly etc. But I believe in this case and unfortunate for the owner is time is now the governing factor as to why there would be no assistance. If a vehicle has a manufacturing defect, it is up to the owner to present the vehicle to a representative dealer in a certain time period, not for the manufacturer to contact the owner unless it is a recognised safety recall. Its not to say that every vehicle is affected, so it would be on a complaint basis only.

I have seen vehicles of different makes/models have paint issues because of the condition they were stored in. One particular case the vehicle was covered with blankets and then plastic sheets. After a few months of storage, hot and cold weather, when the covers were removed, the roof paint had bubbled up, possibly from humidity trapped under the plastic. Hopefully yours was stored ok.

Let us know how you go with your claim, you never know what the outcome will be. Best of luck.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2020, 09:24 AM   #33
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not going to happen Jim , Ford and PPG waived the 5 year paint and perforation warranty and fixed cars on a complaint basis for some years but the statute on that is well past. It's not a safety item hence no recall. You have been one of the lucky one's and they could point to the fact that not all had problems and not everyone came back for checks.
We have all been around car manufacturers and have seen their practices for some decades now and I can't believe how anyone could think Ford ill fix this now. I wish the OP luck but I don't believe in the tooth fairy either.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2020, 02:02 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ford wont fix it sadly. These cars are now 14 - 15 years old.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #35
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC View Post
Purchased the car brand new the day after they released it per se.

I went to Clipsal 2005 and viewed the car on Sunday, walked into the dealer on Monday and pretty well ordered the car then and there.

This car since has for better words been locked away in grandma's closet and has only just done 100K as we speak, everything about it is as showroom condition as best it can for its age. (that is if you ignore the bubbles of paint peeling off the car now, my guess it is a rapid decline from here and within 12 months it will be a crying shame)

The spare tire was used for the first time in 14 years last year to drive 200 meters to the ire place after the wife ran over a tech screw in the carpark of her work.
Unlike cars like yours and mine (2005 GT with 75,000 kms and spends most of its time keeping my beer fridge company in the garage…lol) a 14 year old car would typically be expected to have worn paint and I guess that’s why Ford are no longer honouring claims.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2020, 02:18 PM   #36
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke pursuit View Post
ford wont fix it sadly. These cars are now 14 - 15 years old.
lol

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #37
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Ford wont fix it sadly. These cars are now 14 - 15 years old.
Ford should be hanging their heads in shame if they think they can go around playing the time card on a known major manufacturing fault as a way to dodge these / any repairs.

And if the law allows companies to avoid repairing major manufacturing faults due to loopholes in the law, then those laws need be changed.

any way still working away at this, not finished with it yet, if it looks like ****e, smells like ****e, it probably is ****e.

Quote:
What is a major problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:

it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it

Last edited by DOC; 30-01-2020 at 02:27 PM.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #38
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford should be hanging their heads in shame if they think they can go around playing the time card on a known major manufacturing fault as a way to dodge these / any repairs.

And if the law allows companies to avoid repairing major manufacturing faults due to loopholes in the law, then those laws need be changed.

any way still working away at this, not finished with it yet, if it looks like ****e, smells like ****e, it probably is ****e.
Totally agree mate. Just because your paint starts stripping off now when most happened in say 2010 that doesn't mean you don't have the issue. A good lawyer could probably win it for you but the cost would make it uneconomical. As a matter of interest, what would it cost if you were to cover it yourself?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #39
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132 View Post
Totally agree mate. Just because your paint starts stripping off now when most happened in say 2010 that doesn't mean you don't have the issue. A good lawyer could probably win it for you but the cost would make it uneconomical. As a matter of interest, what would it cost if you were to cover it yourself?
The quote to repair the car is scetchy in that ford made the painters give a quote as part of the run around they have made me do for the last 3 months.

for the best part, we are somewhere between 9 - 12 K to have the car stripped back to bare metal and resprayed.

I can not talk about any legal stuff as that is still ongoing and in play, and can not comment further at this stage. I will say that there should be no need for a lawyer in that ford should just do what is right for their customers.
Old 08-01-2023, 03:12 PM   #40
fordman99
Starter Motor

Quote:
The quote to repair the car is scetchy in that ford made the painters give a quote as part of the run around they have made me do for the last 3 months.

for the best part, we are somewhere between 9 - 12 K to have the car stripped back to bare metal and resprayed.

I can not talk about any legal stuff as that is still ongoing and in play, and can not comment further at this stage. I will say that there should be no need for a lawyer in that ford should just do what is right for their customers.
Nearly three years on now. Did you get a favourable outcome? If so, do you mind giving some brief advice on the best way to go about it?
fordman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2023, 09:41 PM   #41
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman99 View Post
Nearly three years on now. Did you get a favourable outcome? If so, do you mind giving some brief advice on the best way to go about it?
Hello fordman99, yes we did have a favorable outcome after a long battle, there is another thread with the details in it. I will try and find it for you.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...87#post6656387

I will send a PM on what I think won the battle for me.
2 users like this post: