Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #31
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: The Clock is Ticking

The close of a fine chapter. Onward and upwards I say.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2015, 08:24 AM   #32
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up Re: The Clock is Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
Well GK, JC has made many returns to the AU clan, so fingers crossed you'll come across a bargain that you can't say no to.
BUT will all your AU knowledge please hang around and comment when you can !
UK
I'll lurk UK!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #33
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
Well GK, JC has made many returns to the AU clan, so fingers crossed you'll come across a bargain that you can't say no to.
BUT will all your AU knowledge please hang around and comment when you can !
UK
I'm baaaaack - or will be soon! My sister has just got a new (to her) car - a 2013 Camry, and the 19s from her Fairmont (the ones I had on the 380, then on the GT for a while) will be going on the camry.

The reason I'm back is that the Fairmont will be coming to me - it has about 5 months rego on it, and the GT rego runs out on Tuesday, so at this stage I will park the GT up for a while, and run the dual fuel ACT til rego expires, and then see what the future holds; I may hang onto the Fairmont and use it as my daily, and keep the GT for weekends/one day a week to work, etc.

Or I may sell the Fairmont and go back to dailying the GT. In it's favour, the Fairmont is dual fuel, so the fuel saving will pay for the additional rego & insurance on it, it has a rebuilt 4 speed (in the last 12 months), an all new cooling system, a new standard exhaust (in the last 12 months), and I've got some 19x8.5 Speedy Crossfires to throw on it - just need tyres for them. Or I can run the stock camry rims (will look a bit poxy though). Does anyone know if a 275/35/19 will fit under the rear of a live axle AU?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #34
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Pics or ban LOL
UK
And well come back (kind of)
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #35
GK
Walking with God

You're hooked Max and you know it!
Lol!

Now gone!
On LPG

2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #36
GK
Walking with God

BTW,

Yesterday I got the tax/donation receipt from Kids Under Cover. Without rego, the old girl fetched $1600 at auction!

Ripper!

Now gone!
On LPG

3 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #37
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well done GK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2015, 06:25 PM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I'm baaaaack - or will be soon! My sister has just got a new (to her) car - a 2013 Camry, and the 19s from her Fairmont (the ones I had on the 380, then on the GT for a while) will be going on the camry.

The reason I'm back is that the Fairmont will be coming to me - it has about 5 months rego on it, and the GT rego runs out on Tuesday, so at this stage I will park the GT up for a while, and run the dual fuel ACT til rego expires, and then see what the future holds; I may hang onto the Fairmont and use it as my daily, and keep the GT for weekends/one day a week to work, etc.

Or I may sell the Fairmont and go back to dailying the GT. In it's favour, the Fairmont is dual fuel, so the fuel saving will pay for the additional rego & insurance on it, it has a rebuilt 4 speed (in the last 12 months), an all new cooling system, a new standard exhaust (in the last 12 months), and I've got some 19x8.5 Speedy Crossfires to throw on it - just need tyres for them. Or I can run the stock camry rims (will look a bit poxy though). Does anyone know if a 275/35/19 will fit under the rear of a live axle AU?
how did you go with the wideys JC ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2015, 10:56 PM   #39
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
how did you go with the wideys JC ?
I ended up keeping the 19s that were on it, so haven't tried the 275s yet. I will get around to in the next few weeks though - mostly because I need new 275s for the GT, so the old ones will go on the spare rims, and might just find their way on the Fairmont.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post