Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #31
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Teh Cobra GT'z, I like!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYME View Post
So yes I stand by what I said, the GTF is the better car and not just on paper, for 15k more then what you'd pay for a BF Cobra GT (two on carsales asking 70k) I know which one I'd pick, collector or not.
Then obviously you are not chasing to buy a Cobra what would be the point of buying a GTF if you want to add a Cobra to your collection? It appears you are looking for the better car (in your opinion), so post a photo of the GTF you bought. My guess is you are just a dreamer, like the many others who come up with justifications not to buy one. I am living my dream, while you dream yours

Quote:
The GT 40th is just a sticker pack whether anyone likes to admit it or not
I guess you know very little to nothing about the GT40th then

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

3 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #32
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FG R-Spec is roughly same price and better in every conceivable way isn't it? Only a tune away from being a GTF too. Good value.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 23-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #33
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
Also, I havnt seen any GT "Blacks" in ages,... They would be my Fav!
Yeah, not sure what happened to them, there don't seem to be any around, then there is the F6 R spec as well, very limited numbers build from memory, all depends what car YOU want, Force 6 and Force 8 seem to be hard to find as well, all great cars.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 23-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #34
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Has anyone sold a mint low K one for 70k in recent times?
Probablty not, hence why my "fair" price was $50K.

Since these things don't seem to sell regularly the value ends up being what ever a particular buyer and seller can come to agreement to. I highly doubt you can talk a someone into selling a low km car for $40K.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #35
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Probablty not, hence why my "fair" price was $50K.

Since these things don't seem to sell regularly the value ends up being what ever a particular buyer and seller can come to agreement to. I highly doubt you can talk a someone into selling a low km car for $40K.
Personally I would not be selling a low km Cobra for 40K if I had one, may be 50-55K if I wanted to sell it, but I am willing to bet if you sold it even at that price you will regret it in the future, just like people who sold XB GT's for $5000 and XC Cobras for $10000 are regretting it today.

But if you MUST sell for what ever reason, it is a negotiation between seller and buyer, the market is ever changing and is about to change again.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 23-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #36
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sure the Cobra had the 302 engine but so did every late BF GT built in 07/08 after that.
That is true but collectible cars are a strange things, an XC Cobra, is worth 2 or 3 time more than 351 XC coupe (same car), its also worth 3 time more than XE ESP (which was a much better car, and the last of the big banger V8s)
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #37
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
That is true but collectible cars are a strange things, an XC Cobra, is worth 2 or 3 time more than 351 XC coupe (same car), its also worth 3 time more than XE ESP (which was a much better car, and the last of the big banger V8s)
Exactly and the price is not driven by logic its driven by passion, availability and the number of folk who desire to own one.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 23-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #38
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Problem is I want ALL of them!!! ;-)
6 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #39
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Then obviously you are not chasing to buy a Cobra what would be the point of buying a GTF if you want to add a Cobra to your collection? It appears you are looking for the better car (in your opinion), so post a photo of the GTF you bought. My guess is you are just a dreamer, like the many others who come up with justifications not to buy one. I am living my dream, while you dream yours

Not sure what gives you the right to call me a dreamer, or put me on the spot like that when you don't even know me as a person or know my name. I understand people who want a Cobra don't care about the GTF and vice versa. Your GT 40th is a beautiful example of an FPV and yes I do apologise for missing some facts.

The BF GT40th was the first FPV vehicle fitted with the race tuned R spec suspension, only 200 were built, each came with floor mats with anniversary logo and integrated iPod/MP3 player input, it came with the option of 6-speed manual or 6-speed auto and optional Brembo brake upgrade that cost an additional 7k.

I hope you're enjoying your dream mate, because my dream is a paid off big two story house in a nice area and 3 cars that are not on loan - sure not any of them are a Cobra or 40th. But I do bet you still live in rent with that lovely GT40th hey

Old 23-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #40
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From where I sit I don't see any additional appeal in anniversary, or special edition models. Some do and that's great for the owners of those ltd edition models who one day may want to offload them.

Without any disrespect to the owner of the GT40th posted above , when I see a GT40th to me its a just black BF GT with gold stripes that happen to be missing from the front and rear bars . The gold striping on the boot and bonnet to me look a bit odd.

The aesthetics of the Cobra are virtually identical except we're talking blue on white instead of gold on black. However, to me, the history of the Cobras makes that a more desirable car in my opinion from purely a looks perspective.

It would have been nice if Ford could have brought forward the introduction of the Miami engine for these limited models (or some other powerplant enhancements - not just the 302 5.4 engine in the Cob ) because if you overlook the R spec suspension , mats, Ipod, compendiums, yadda yadda , unfortunately all you're left with is a badge and sticker pack.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 23-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #41
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132 View Post
From where I sit I don't see any additional appeal in anniversary, or special edition models. Some do and that's great for the owners of those ltd edition models who one day may want to offload them.

Without any disrespect to the owner of the GT40th posted above , when I see a GT40th to me its a just black BF GT with gold stripes that happen to be missing from the front and rear bars . The gold striping on the boot and bonnet to me look a bit odd.

The aesthetics of the Cobra are virtually identical except we're talking blue on white instead of gold on black. However, to me, the history of the Cobras makes that a more desirable car in my opinion from purely a looks perspective.

It would have been nice if Ford could have brought forward the introduction of the Miami engine for these limited models (or some other powerplant enhancements - not just the 302 5.4 engine in the Cob ) because if you overlook the R spec suspension , mats, Ipod, compendiums, yadda yadda , unfortunately all you're left with is a badge and sticker pack.
That's exactly what I was trying to say, thank you. I never meant any disrespect by calling these limited edition FPV's sticker packages but when you look at them from a third person perspective (of course owners won't say bad about their cars) it's just a sticker package in reality with fancy stripes and badging. I should know because I owned a 2007 RSPEC Typhoon in Bionic Blue lol.

Old 23-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #42
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132 View Post
You make valid point but while a 302 ain't much it is the "best of breed" for a model which to some, like me means alot. Especially when my favorite late model is the BF.

What's an RPO 83 XA GT? Just a Holley and extractors, no big deal right. Double the price of a same specced GT. Didn't even get a sticker.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #43
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
You make valid point but while a 302 ain't much it is the "best of breed" for a model which to some, like me means alot. Especially when my favorite late model is the BF.

What's an RPO 83 XA GT? Just a Holley and extractors, no big deal right. Double the price of a same specced GT. Didn't even get a sticker.
Interesting point about best of breed.
I wonder in years to come if a GTP with all the factory options will be considered best of breed instead. After all , you get the big brakes , the big seats , all the electronics and some were optioned with factory sunroof. None of these were standard or even available as options on the cobra. Food for thought.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #44
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
that looks HOT!!!
Old 22-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #45
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Interesting point about best of breed.
I wonder in years to come if a GTP with all the factory options will be considered best of breed instead. After all , you get the big brakes , the big seats , all the electronics and some were optioned with factory sunroof. None of these were standard or even available as options on the cobra. Food for thought.
nope the best of the BA-BF breed to drive ,own & for retained value will always be the GT Cobra,...I remember them selling out within 2 days of the 2007 Bathurst 1-2 finish,never before in Ford Australia's history has a limited edition sold out in that timeframe,.. some hit $100k plus as dealers got very greedy....and I can assure you none were discounted.

Last edited by nt0351; 22-07-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 22-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #46
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt0351 View Post
nope the best of the BA-BF breed to drive ,own & for retained value will always be the GT Cobra,...I remember them selling out within 2 days of the 2007 Bathurst 1-2 finish,never before in Ford Australia's history has a limited edition sold out in that timeframe,.. some hit $100k plus as dealers got very greedy....and I can assure you none were discounted.
Fair enough , understand what you're saying.
To me though , best of breed meant the best performer and best options. So the GTP with the bigger seats , the 6/4 Brembos and all the electrical fruit + the external details like polished front and rear grille , highlighted driving light surrounds , auto dip wing mirror etc. etc. makes it the pinnacle of the B series and best of breed. GT40th and Cobra may be more collectible , but I wouldn't go past a mint GTP either....

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 22-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #47
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I owned a Cobra because I got a good deal on it. The Dealer I went through wasn't a greedy sob. Their cars came fully optioned with the Brembos, and were not much more than a regular GT. I certainly wouldn't have paid some of the ridiculous prices being asked.

They will always be the "pick" of the B Series GT's. And yes, they will retain some premium.
At the end of the day, if you feel your car is worth say $50k, and you put it on carsales for a year @ $75k, and eventually somebody buys it, then that's a win.

On the over hand if you think it's worth $70k, and you desperately need the money, then you're in for a world of hurt.
Old 22-07-2015, 10:14 PM   #48
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to answer the op's question.
current prices
a slightly rough daily driver with relevant klms ie : 100k plus are going for $33-35k .
a better example with say half those klms $42-45k
very low mileage immac example $47-50k
as new below 10k klms $55k
in new condition with plastic intact below 1000klms $60-$65k

if you compare the above with what a BF II GT or GT-P are fetching I think you would agree they attracting a nice premium even for a roughy.
Old 23-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #49
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Teh Cobra GT'z, I like!!!

Quote:
Maybe...but if you can't find one for that price you simply don't get one.

Has anyone sold a low k one for anywhere near 40? Doubt it.
Around 2010-2012 , I was keen to get a low k BF Cobra for mid to high $40's ..Sellers weren't interested .. The sellers of XC Cobra's , wouldnt allow you to finish the sentence / offer , at least the BF sellers listened - yet still hen't sold.Although I wanted one, I thought , like most, if I paid the asking price, would I prefer the BF or FG .. I decided on the FG
Still have a soft spot for a BF , and as pointed out in the earlier thread , a 2007 BF GT at mid $20's - mid $30's , would n't disappoint , nor for that matter would a BF RSpec F6.
Old 23-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #50
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Very , very nice, no matter what you want to call it or label it ..I don't know why it is , but why is it that i always gravitate towards the nice things , the things always that always cost the most .?
Someone , in another thread , said , you should buy the thing that rocks your world , that allows you to be comfortable , proud , in what you have, and allows you to search no more.. Agreed, and that is how I have make my decision , and not because ,it is labelled or marked a certain way .
Old 30-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #51
fpv 175 r spec

If whyme is saying for 15k more he would get a gtf then he is crazy not too aye, 70k for a top dollar cobra or 15k on that , 70 + 15= 85k havent seen a gtf for that price yet, they went for that more new
Old 30-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #52
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv 175 r spec View Post
If whyme is saying for 15k more he would get a gtf then he is crazy not too aye, 70k for a top dollar cobra or 15k on that , 70 + 15= 85k havent seen a gtf for that price yet, they went for that more new
At the time of writing that post, there was one on carsales going for that amount. Not sure why you decided to dig out an old thread though?

Old 04-09-2015, 11:45 PM   #53
fpv 175 r spec

Cool Re: Teh Cobra GT'z, I like!!!

Quote:
At the time of writing that post, there was one on carsales going for that amount. Not sure why you decided to dig out an old thread though?
Old thread??? Last post was a month ago
Old 05-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #54
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not sure what gives you the right to call me a dreamer, or put me on the spot like that when you don't even know me as a person or know my name. I understand people who want a Cobra don't care about the GTF and vice versa. Your GT 40th is a beautiful example of an FPV and yes I do apologise for missing some facts.

The BF GT40th was the first FPV vehicle fitted with the race tuned R spec suspension, only 200 were built, each came with floor mats with anniversary logo and integrated iPod/MP3 player input, it came with the option of 6-speed manual or 6-speed auto and optional Brembo brake upgrade that cost an additional 7k.

I hope you're enjoying your dream mate, because my dream is a paid off big two story house in a nice area and 3 cars that are not on loan - sure not any of them are a Cobra or 40th. But I do bet you still live in rent with that lovely GT40th hey
Hate to disappoint you but I have a 3 acre property 20 minutes from Port Macquarie 15 minutes from the beach with a 50 square home in the build, three car garage and a 8 car shed, and I am debt free, and payed cash for all my cars, not really interested in being in the mortgage world, got rid of the two story home in suburbia years ago, payed my double story home in Sydney off 13 years ago.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 05-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #55
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

This thread is supposed to be about Cobra GT's, not who has got/ had the biggest house.

Please stay on topic.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #56
Grom13

Thumbs down Re: Teh Cobra GT'z, I like!!!

Quote:
Hate to disappoint you but I have a 3 acre property 20 minutes from Port Macquarie 15 minutes from the beach with a 50 square home in the build, three car garage and a 8 car shed, and I am debt free, and payed cash for all my cars, not really interested in being in the mortgage world, got rid of the two story home in suburbia years ago, payed my double story home in Sydney off 13 years ago.
This had turned into a ****ing contest, what a joke!!
Old 07-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #57
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
This thread is supposed to be about Cobra GT's, not who has got/ had the biggest house.

Please stay on topic.
Could you please go ahead and lock this topic mate, funny how some peoples ego get the better of them. This all started because someone who doesn't know me called me a dreamer because I said I'd go for a GTF over a Cobra GT.

Closed Thread