Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #31
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still listen, more so wake up to JJJ.. my problem isnt the hosts, or the format, but generally the music played, I dare say it doesnt take much in terms of originality or talent for a song or artist to be flogged on JJJ these days.

And apparently, every month is " Oz Music Month " .. apprently.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #32
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
I tuned out when those 2 clowns took over from Adam and Will, they were absolutely pathetic, couldn't even tell you their names, they were just so hopeless.

Adam Spencer and Will Anderson were excellent!!
exact same as me

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #33
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
I dare say it doesnt take much in terms of originality or talent for a song or artist to be flogged on JJJ these days.
This is my gripe. There is no original thought whatsover in the so-called music at the moment (been like that for quite a while). It's all ripping off other current tunes, or 30 year old stuff and calling it thier own....especially that hip-hop crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
And apparently, every month is " Oz Music Month " .. apprently.
That's not really an issue for me......since one of my internet stations is an all Aussie format, so that's a good thing....it's just that most of what is on JJJ is not to my liking [diplomatic response inserted].
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #34
rodderz

Has Triple J ever been good? lol

Adam/Will weren't bad, or Merrick and Rosso, but the music...jeez I could have 20 bongs and still think it was weird

Triple M seems to be the same, got rid of the Cage, and Get This with Tony Martin (imo the funnist show on radio) as they thought they didnt play enough music. The music that is played now, is all that Nickelback/Good Charlotte/ emo bands rubbish...

I'm sticking to the oldy songs on Gold 104 at least no repetition!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #35
kremmen

4zzz in brissie can be good,

or freakken terrible!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #36
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Best morning show on the J's was with Mikey Robbins and Helen Razor.... Adam And Will closely second.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #37
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big fella
No need to be a smarty young fella. I know you just said that because you know that the coconut would get caught under my denture and give me an ulcer. Everyone knows that malt'o'milk biccies go with cups'o'tea.

Young whippa snappers these days, no respect. In my day, if I had a smart mouth on me................
At least its not those Digestives...... yet.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #38
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
.....and Get This with Tony Martin (imo the funnist show on radio) as they thought they didnt play enough music. The music that is played now, is all that Nickelback/Good Charlotte/ emo bands rubbish...
As far as I am concerned, quality programming died the day that "Get This" was canceled. Tony Martin is/was the funniest man on radio. Period.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #39
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RRR etc FTW.

JJJ is going downhill.

As to muff working with peter helliar, you can't be serious? That guys IQ is below that of a dead horse, and his jokes are about as funny as one to boot.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #40
Mondie
Firm member

Quote:
Definitely mate!! Bring back Bigsy and Maynard F sharp Crabbe's

l think its in slow decline and l would like to think that is not due to me aging or music in general declining in qualty but rather the lack of imagination and variety served up by Richard Kingsmill. At least Roy & HG have stuck by the J's

Cheers Mondie
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #41
BLDNUT01

i have to agree i went off them earlier this year just got sick of all the hip hop and world music, Will And Adam were great but Mikey and Hellen were the best with Flaco and Sandman i don,t even think i,ll listening to the hottest 100 on Aussie day next year
the scary thing is i found myself tuning in to MMM least Will is on in the arvo and now Myf will be on with Pete this will be interesting
Old 07-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #42
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

I stopped listening when they lost Merrick And Rosso...

Edit:

Yes, i second this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
Best morning show on the J's was with Mikey Robbins and Helen Razor.... Adam And Will closely second.
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:36 PM   #43
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Adam/Will weren't bad, or Merrick and Rosso, but the music...jeez I could have 20 bongs and still think it was weird
John Safran taped a camera to a dogs head, and mixed a track together using a generic loops program on his PC.. and got it played on Rage. Im guessing JJJ is much the same.

As for alot of the music, alot of it sits on the fine line between " alternative " and simply constructed noise.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #44
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

brink back 3xy and triple mmm now they were radio station
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #45
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
brink back 3xy and triple mmm now they were radio station
Didnt 3XY become MMM, or was that ??EON?? FM? I think it was EON, MMM was 3MMM before FM.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #46
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
FBI?? Can't say I've heard of this station.
They're on 94.5 here in Sydney. It's the station that runs in conjunction with the magazine '3D World'.

Pushing more of the Hip Hop and talentless crap like that scene isn't doing Triple J any favours. Having said that all the rap and hip hop is also being made more mainstream on other radio stations as well.

I'd much rather listen to a beginner on guitar play the bass to 'Smoke on the Water' than the crap that's being pushed on the radio stations these days that's also including the "Shebanged" and the recycled "Shebanged rebanged". I do not care for the tasteless replays of garbage that Marty Sheergold and Fyfe Box dish up.

Pity the J's lost Myf, she was excellent. It's good the J's have still got Johnny Saffran, Father Bob as well as HG and Roy.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #47
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The J's may be droping in quality a tad as of late, but it still beat comercial radio.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #48
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Didnt 3XY become MMM, or was that ??EON?? FM? I think it was EON, MMM was 3MMM before FM.
3xy and 3ak was on the am band back in the day and mmm and eon were the radio station's to listen to on the fm band when it was first introduced
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #49
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fordOwners JJJ dream team -
Adam & Will, Myf and DR Karl

I have to agree with JJJ's decline. It's like JJJ followed Mcdonald's management strategie's by having children run the joint. (In regards to the music)

I hardly listen to the radio in general now as every station repeats the same music followed by the same ads hosted by three super cheery morons at 6am. But I have to listen so I can keep up to date with the tunes so I can expand my CD collection and musical knowledge.
I admit I am now a 6PR listener. It's a talk back station and when Ive heard "I'm a Barbie Girl" for the third time in the day i'll swith over to 6PR and listen to some old codger blow his brain over his young neighbours that pee on the fence making it steam in the morning heat.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #50
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by big fella
I am officially Australia's youngest (32) old foguie. I think I need a cup of tea and a lie down now.
Sorry to shatter your hopes of that crown, but I'm only 27 and people call me a grandpa :P

I used to listen to JJJ back as a teen, remember when Helen & Mikey did breakfast (along with appearances from Sandman & Flacco)? And every night was Michael Tunn with the Request Fest?

I sort of gave up radio altogether a few years back, just never had time to listen and in my car was always CD's etc. Although, when I get the chance, I'll flick a radio over to 891 ABC News Adelaide (the girls at work HATE this one) or ABC Classical FM (they HATE this one even more). Unfortunately now because of their hatred, these two stations are now banned from the radio at work, which means I listen to my iPod while they play Mix 102.3 or whatever.

And now here's a couple of blasts from the past just to really take the crap out of what most announcers are still like today:
Five In A Row and Five More In A Row. Enjoy
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #51
ZC001
Cruisin

It wouldnt matter how bad JJJ gets I'll keep listening. I'd rather listen to crap than crap+ads.

Bring back Keith the Maravian swearing bear !
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #52
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
3xy and 3ak was on the am band back in the day and mmm and eon were the radio station's to listen to on the fm band when it was first introduced
Before FM was introduced, the stations playing popular music 3XY and ??3KZ??, took up slots in FM due to it being in stereo.

EON later changed to FOX FM.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #53
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

only time my radio is on JJJ these days is on a thursday at 11 am.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #54
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC001
Oh man, there's a blast from the past, a name I haven't heard in a looooong while!!!

Keith was awesome
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #55
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Before FM was introduced, the stations playing popular music 3XY and ??3KZ??, took up slots in FM due to it being in stereo.

EON later changed to FOX FM.
i do not believe 3xy ever went fm. i think they joined forces with a geelong fm station during the late 80's early 90's. both of them played the same shows until the fm went to its footy shows.
eon fm and fox fm started around the same time on the fm band. eon changed to mmm and went from 92.3 to 105.1. fox has always been 101.9
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #56
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
i do not believe 3xy ever went fm. i think they joined forces with a geelong fm station during the late 80's early 90's. both of them played the same shows until the fm went to its footy shows.
eon fm and fox fm started around the same time on the fm band. eon changed to mmm and went from 92.3 to 105.1. fox has always been 101.9
Thanks, thats what I was trying to ask, just had who was who, and who did what all ar5eabout.

I know 3XY was "the" station, the Holden of Radio (due to being sponsors to Brocky I suppose), but just prior to FM, a lot of listeners started favouring 3KZ or something. Im trying to remember the station name, my head says it had an M in it, but I keep coming back to 3KZ, I think they became EON/MMM, well same owners anyway, the personalities of the AM station went to that FM station too.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #57
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

kz has become gold fm - classic hits and memories. you are very close - fox and triple m have the same owners and are in the same building
it is hard enough to keep track of them all from 20-30 years ago from the same state - having been in another state for so long you are doing well

Last edited by gtxb67; 08-12-2007 at 07:23 PM.
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #58
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC001
It wouldnt matter how bad JJJ gets I'll keep listening. I'd rather listen to crap than crap+ads.

Oh i loved Kieth he was a funny FU beep CKER
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #59
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
kz has become gold fm - classic hits and memories. you are very close - fox and triple m have the same owners and are in the same building
it is hard enough to keep track of them all from 20-30 years ago from the same state - having been in another state for so long you are doing well
Its funny to think back on it, a selling point for a car was an FM radio, lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:17 AM   #60
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Istarted listenign in the days of george wayne, bob hudson, and realy got to love it, with rusty nails, gayle austin, jill emberson, annette shun wah, and mal and vic morning after show (i actually have a tape of me and a mate still pi--ed as parrots ringin in one saturday morning)

These days I listen to eithe FBI, 2BL 702 or katoombas BLuFM 89.1 (im a presenter there)
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post