Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 22-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #31
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine isnt a streeter anymore, but it went 10.94@119.94 (no gas) at wsid a couple of weeks back.
debacle-racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #32
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
I agree and robs car ts every term you have put to paper, bar his N2O setup for track use it's as much a street car as you will get once that N20 is removed she's a genuine streeter running pump gas driven to the track and home and driven on the streets ALL the time
Agreed - Bertolacci's car is a good example, as are Brenx and XDclevo and TruBlue351's cars on here... Solid street cars, run good numbers, actually get driven... Sorry if I left anyone out - those are the best 3 examples I could think of...

My ZH had the worst of both worlds - not fast AND not driveable!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #33
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Nope mine is a little slower than that one, 10.9@129mph the owner is CSV_LS1 (Mauz) he also has the best time driving my car 11.1@132mph.

Spoolman was kind enough to take me for a drive in his F6 today, my introduction to a warmed over turbo was quite an eye opener, these cars are seriously fast, it sucked me back in the seat like only a worked Cleveland has done before, very impressed.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #34
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Spoolman was kind enough to take me for a drive in his F6 today, my introduction to a warmed over turbo was quite an eye opener, these cars are seriously fast, it sucked me back in the seat like only a worked Cleveland has done before, very impressed.

Sure spoolman didnt sit on you, I find that people that I sit on describe the same sensation
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #35
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

You're always good for a laugh
Tribal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #36
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I wonder how it would fair up on the street against a warmed up clevo though. I know what i would be putting my hard earned on. :
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Anyone wish to run at HPR this Saturday the reserves list is now clear..
Register your name here..
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11205246

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #38
Crapi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
ZF 6 speed auto, we have no software for these auto's.... so no hi-stalls and we have to put up with torque tags, just recently we have been able to boost of the line through the engine managment, going to try it in a couple of weeks hopefully a nice 60 foot, at the moment my 60 foot with best time is 2.0.
Im sure it won't be long until that 2.0 drops some what! Thats a quick real street car right there but probably not the quickest.
Crapi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #39
Crapi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Well, we're a bit different up here...

The term "street" is a pet problem of mine - I can't think of a single "Pro Street" car that should be anywhere near the street. "Street Machine" magazine is full of cars that touch pavement once every 12 months, while moving on and off trailers.

I also note with amusement the "street" cars with spotless engine bays and no inner guards ("I drive it all the time!" pfft!), street cars with ice-filled intercoolers (although i guess you can get ice at servos too), street cars with front runners etc...

SM is also full of heroes with roof-height 8/71s who think (possibly claim to think) that they have "street" cars because they took the thing for a 20 minute burn around the western suburbs and didn't get caught.

Obviously, rego/roadworthy requirements are pretty flexible and often enforcement varies - I know people who drive cars with motors out the bonnet all the time and never have trouble, same as I know people with fairly standard cars who have cops waiting at the end of their driveway for them every Friday night.

We could argue about this for years on end, but for the record, my definition of a "street" car is that it doesn't necessarily have to conform to the letter of the law, but it needs to be able to drive through town on a Friday night without being pulled over, it needs to run on pump fuel (that's the 98 octane stuff that comes from commercial servos, unlike the "pump" fuel that dyno cars seem to run on), it needs to be able to sit in traffic on a hot day without blowing the heads off, and it needs to be able to be driven in busting-down rain.

AND MORE!: Real street cars do not have 20 litre fuel cells. If you have to stop at EVERY servo between where you are and where you're going, you don't have a car, you have a Pepsi delivery truck.

The end.
You do have a lot of valid points there greenmachine! And after reading your post i think that i match the criteria that you propose as being a street car except for a few small things.
I have an ice cooled intercooler that only gets filled at the track, i run seven psig on the street and dont need to keep it that cool. I have front runners but dont seem to have any issues except for going at speed through tight corners/round abouts, just doesnt happen! I do have a fuel cell but mine is 50l and will last for about five hours of cruising around town, im talking 50-60kmh plus the occasional small squirt.
Other than that its pretty legite. My car has run a flat nine at 153mph on a 235 radial tyre, on pump gas, standard suspension(with caltracks), full interior, all glass, all steel bodied, no nitrous, untubbed and every thing works-wipers, lights, window washers, horn. Its all there!
Yep...ok not to the letter of the law on every thing, and I totally agree with that. I do drive it to the track which is about an hour from me and have driven it in the rain on a number of occasions, but not through choice. It reguarly sees street duties and gets driven on average 2-3 times a week.
Oh...and it has been in street machine and zoom magazines. :

I guess I might be up there? Who else has some thing quick? Come on lads lets hear about them! :1syellow1
Crapi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post