Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #31
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Did I spot the most desireable car ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy
Yes, we get it, the Aurion is quick, not 5 sec 0-100 kph quick though. To many true automotive enthusiasts though, it is about the whole driving experience, not just 0-100 kph times and I bet you will agree with me on that, am I right or am I right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
People usually say that when they are slower.
No they dont.

It IS about the driving experience.

Because if everyone was after 0-100 and 1/4mile times, we would all be on bikes.

My wittle 250 will beat or if not scare most standard cars off the showroom floor. The time is in my sig. And its 23 years old.

If you really care about fast milestone times, go out and but a motorbike. The price you pay for a Prius can buy a bike (with a handful of change left over) that will beat a Veyron.

But who cares? Really. When your talking the amount of difference between acceleration times, you don't really notice. Especially on the street.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 12:28 AM   #32
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

Hulk...................................when is your next bbq?
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 12:50 AM   #33
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Hulk please just drop it and salvage what little respect you have left on this forum. Nobody has a problem with your Aurion. They're a nice enough car and quick enough but just not everyone's thing and it's hard to see the word 'enthusiast' associated with anything short of the TRD.

You have about as much hope as a satanist at Hillsong of converting a single soul.

Mate I don't think you're a bad guy. And you've mixed it up and kept things a bit interesting around here and no matter what some say I'm sorry to see you go if you do. But you seem intent on pushing all the buttons to get those bridges burnt and that's a shame.

Take some time out and come back with some pics when you get it and dress it up a bit. Take it to WSID and have some fun too ;) Best of luck with it.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 01:46 AM   #34
XG_Falcon

I worked a strawberry chupa chup down with my tongue until it was nothing. That's what kind of man I am.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 02:23 AM   #35
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Still need to be ahead to perform that manourvre.

For the knockers, go to a toyota dealer this weekend and test drive one..
If ever I wake up in the morning and decide that today's the day I go out and buy a Camry/Aurion, I think that will the day I give up on life
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 02:46 AM   #36
TS50AU
Red ones go faster!

Jim, Maybe a spare motor could spice it up a little?
And a rear drive conversion.
And some brakes.
And some bodywork so it doesn't resemble a fridge.
(I always daydreamed about putting a small block in a TM Magna... Just to scare people with)
TS50AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 05:23 AM   #37
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He would make a darn good Toyota salesman, if he isn't one already...
BradEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
People usually say that when they are slower.
You are as thick as 10 bricks seriously.
5 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #39
MrEL
Sick Puppy

There is something here I find funny.
It was not that long ago that Hulkie poos was saying the old GTs were a rubbish car since they didn't stop , didn't handle but only went well in a straight line.
Now he is talking up the bowls special. What does that do exactly? Doesn't stop , doesn't handle and goes ok in a straight line...................
He is just a little boy doing all this **** to get attention.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #40
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50AU View Post
Jim, Maybe a spare motor could spice it up a little?

And a rear drive conversion.

And some brakes.

And some bodywork so it doesn't resemble a fridge.

(I always daydreamed about putting a small block in a TM Magna... Just to scare people with)

Does anyone remember when there was a heavily modified Magna that graced the centre pages and cover of Street Machine, must have been around 2001-2002 somewhere? The backlash was unlike anything they'd ever seen, the hate mail in the next edition was hilarious!

Same, same.

When my young bloke was about 6 or 7 (a few years ago anyway) he went through a stage of asking what the badges were on cars and when told what they were would then ask if they were good or cool. He asked me what the Toyota badge was one day when we were driving along and I said "that's a Toyota mate" (this particular one happened to be an Aurion). He said "are they good cars?"

I responded "Toyotas are for people who have given up on life, son" and he responded in amazement "oh, really??" I was laughing so hard and my wife just looked at me and told me I was going to Hell.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
8 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #41
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
Does anyone remember when there was a heavily modified Magna that graced the centre pages and cover of Street Machine, must have been around 2001-2002 somewhere? The backlash was unlike anything they'd ever seen, the hate mail in the next edition was hilarious!

Same, same.

When my young bloke was about 6 or 7 (a few years ago anyway) he went through a stage of asking what the badges were on cars and when told what they were would then ask if they were good or cool. He asked me what the Toyota badge was one day when we were driving along and I said "that's a Toyota mate" (this particular one happened to be an Aurion). He said "are they good cars?"

I responded "Toyotas are for people who have given up on life, son" and he responded in amazement "oh, really??" I was laughing so hard and my wife just looked at me and told me I was going to Hell.
He needs to ask what's cool? Doesn't he know what he gets strapped into? One of two GTs? One heavily modded.

Hopefully not in a Toyota Hearse!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #42
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post

Same, same.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/the-10-m...171887192.html

show him this story review. Lets face it ford isnt even in the top 10.

In my opinion ford make a great car performance wise and value for money but its quality/reliability is ho-hum. Some people are ok with nasty as long as its quick.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #43
superyob
Banned

Quote:

In my opinion ford make a great car performance wise and value for money but its quality/reliability is ho-hum. Some people are ok with nasty as long as its quick.
Aren't you describing yourself and your Aurion???
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #44
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you bother reading as to why Ford isn't in the top 10? Has nothing to do with the car itself, rather issues with Sync.
Adamz Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #45
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Quote:

Touched in the head I say.

Certain cars instil passion. To the owners of these vehicles, it does not necessarily have to be the most reliable, quietest, comfortable, fastest, quickest etc. To some it is beauty, to some it is speed. The Aurion, I daresay, would not ignite the passion in 99.99% of automotive enthusiasts. You hulk, are part of that 0.01% that it does stir your passion, good on you mate, you are part of a very select bunch.

Before you speak anymore, we dare you to provide some time slips for us all to see, the invitation for your entry was offered to you, take the offer up and put us all in our place. I dare you.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #46
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy View Post
Touched in the head I say.

Certain cars instil passion. To the owners of these vehicles, it does not necessarily have to be the most reliable, quietest, comfortable, fastest, quickest etc. To some it is beauty, to some it is speed. The Aurion, I daresay, would not ignite the passion in 99.99% of automotive enthusiasts. You hulk, are part of that 0.01% that it does stir your passion, good on you mate, you are part of a very select bunch.

Before you speak anymore, we dare you to provide some time slips for us all to see, the invitation for your entry was offered to you, take the offer up and put us all in our place. I dare you.
If you want to be put in your place, go to a Toyota dealer and test drive one. You will be a broken man when you jump back in your car.

My car isn't even run in, don't see myself taking it to WSID to wreck it.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 03:13 PM   #47
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Seriously?

After it's run in, run it and come back with the time slips OK?

You are very very tiring, you have defeated me with your school boy antics.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #48
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Here's the problem that I see with the Aurion...

If you are sitting in your Aurion at a set of lights, nobody is going to look twice at you and think "I'm going to race this bloke"...whereas if you were in your XR6T, then at least someone might think "I'll give this bloke a run"...

It might be quick, but it has no "street" appeal - at least to the wider community (and clearly to many on here).

So I hope that you enjoy sitting at the lights with nobody to prove how quick it is...

If it's 0-100 time is so important to you, then take up the offers to run it officially (after it has been run in).
Old 19-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #49
marty351
Shenanigans..............

[QUOTE
Hopefully not in a Toyota Hearse! [/QUOTE]

I don't think Toyota make a hearse. And thank god for that.
I can look foward to not being seen dead in one!
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #50
TS50AU
Red ones go faster!

I don't see any Aurions lining me up at the lights in any of my cars - only the diesel MQ Patrol tow car.
I have seen a TRD Aurion in front of me try to take off fast (to impress me?) and it was very obvious that the driver scared himself as it lunged for the kerb as it went over undulations in the road surface under power. I lifted off to avoid wearing him...

On paper the power/weight ratio looks great, and the equipment levels in the Aurions are top notch, but I choose the cars I drive for their enjoyment and the feedback I get through the seat that lets ME be in control - or a least a closer version of the illusion of control. Putting all those killer wasps down through the front wheels might be great in theory, but remove the electronics that at best struggle to keep it on the road and see if it is still a 'driver's car'??? An 86 might be slower in a straight (?) line but if I had to drive a Toyota car it would be that or an old Supra or Cressida.
Company supplied cars aside - I usually make some judgement on what kind of driver a person is by their choice of car, and what I perceive is that generally those who buy Camry's and Aurion's are the kind that have no idea how a car should drive, or how to drive them or even care. Just check the paint missing from the bumper corners in any car park.
TS50AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 03:52 PM   #51
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After its ran in he will have to get rid of it .cant have a car with that many ks on it.what will mr&mrs jones think
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #52
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Whenever I'm cruising along the freeway, 9/10 times tbe only car going slower than everyone else is a camry. The only car that doesn't know what lane or which direction they need to go? Yep, camry again. The car that always creeps up the left lane to be first at the lights when cars are parked ahead, then booting it to get in front of everyone
only to drive like a twit? Take a guess...
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #53
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:

Ford just make a great car. Are they better than what they used to make? It's too subjective Hulk.

Generationally, people look for different things in cars.

Come to my house and the two GT's sit in the garage and the $100k Audi SQ5 sits outside. It's a faster car than the XY and dare I say probably as fast point to point on the street (between lights for example) as the FG more fuel efficient than either by a long way and has innumerable safety aids and gadgets with all kinds of technical doo-dads.

But it won't have a spot in the garage because the thing has no soul.

Like the hottest chick you'll ever meet that has no personality- you'll flick it quick because you'll never get attached. I'd like to think I could liken that to your Aurion example, except I just could never imagine how you could have your "fun" with an Aurion....

Either way Mr Andrew Ford of the first post is most likely a bloody boring old bugger who sits down to pee
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #54
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

What will the neighbours think now? Shame.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #55
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

to me if you like the aurion or not, each to there own.. (I am not a fan, but it goes alright for a white good)

I just like how everyone having a go at "hulk" as he is going on about the 0-100 and everyone is saying its a bad thing, cars are more about handling and etc.

But when it comes to SS vs XR8 where the only thing the XR8 wins in is the 0-100, that's all that matters in most (not all) people's arguments on here. where the SS/V/redline has more tech, handles and drives better. (looks debatable - I am not a fan of either car's looks)

Glass houses people...

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
chopstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #56
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstar87 View Post
to me if you like the aurion or not, each to there own.. (I am not a fan, but it goes alright for a white good)

I just like how everyone having a go at "hulk" as he is going on about the 0-100 and everyone is saying its a bad thing, cars are more about handling and etc.

But when it comes to SS vs XR8 where the only thing the XR8 wins in is the 0-100, that's all that matters in most (not all) people's arguments on here. where the SS/V/redline has more tech, handles and drives better. (looks debatable - I am not a fan of either car's looks)

Glass houses people...
No I think most are dubious about the claimed low 5 sec talk that is so frequently thrown around, and most are just asking for proof as in a real time slip, and most are sick of the “go drive a Toyota and find out for yourself how it will flog any N/A Ford V8” rubbish.

He likes to talk the talk but let’s see if he can walk the walk is all we are asking for, and if he proves us all wrong, only then will he get the respect that he deserves.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 05:33 PM   #57
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:

So your backing up your trolling on an Australian forum with an American story..........................................
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #58
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
If you want to be put in your place, go to a Toyota dealer and test drive one. You will be a broken man when you jump back in your car.

My car isn't even run in, don't see myself taking it to WSID to wreck it.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...=1439967501782
Not one of your relatives is it ? I know you have a thing for speedo's............
Old 19-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #59
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Hulk's not kidding, these things move. I saw him take off from the lights earlier today:

let's not take things too seriously.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2015, 08:39 PM   #60
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
If you are sitting in your Aurion at a set of lights, nobody is going to look twice at you and think "I'm going to race this bloke"...whereas if you were in your XR6T, then at least someone might think "I'll give this bloke a run"...
Last guy to do that to me in my G6E was in a 120Y. Was cute.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post