http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8194437

they got it back.
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #32
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Hope they put some holes in the bastards.
+1 from me. Thankfully the car was recovered! Glad to see it didn't just disappear like the many others do
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #33
FgNewbie
Australia

I had monitored tracking with anti-theft alarm system in a previous car.
Also had remote unlocking and shut down.

My experience wasn't good.

Car got sideswiped without triggering their alarm so no phone call.

Phone calls for alarms that didn't happen.

Due to a series of events, I also found out there were far too many blackspots in highly populated areas. Mounting an external aerial didn't help.

I ran a test with a monitoring operator one night. I drove the car like a stolen joy ride. Tracking location was always so far behind me it was useless. I eventually parked in a known blackspot. The last definite location he had on me was roughly 1km away.

If you don't drive the car often, you also need to check the battery drain. I knew I had to run my car every 7 days or by day 10 it would be dead flat.

I won't elaborate on any specifics but I do recommend doing your homework on the company and system you consider.
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #34
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default :

I would not use the system you are talking about, I would get the sim one, where it is not affected by sky view etc, only problem is if there is no mobile coverage, but there is allways a draw back isn't there??

I am happy to have some idea where my car is and what suburb and general direction its traveling in rather than no idea at all without the system.

For all I know the car might be just in the next street and I don't even know its there, so I am pretty sure a tracking system will be a great idea, rather than just be looking at an empty garage with no idea.

Get this sort of device and you can track it yourself with your phone or laptop of ipad. I think this one supports satellite as well as mobile coverage, so even better:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GPS-TRACKER-S...#ht_2550wt_952

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 10-01-2011 at 04:43 PM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #35
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Sign over ownership?

There is a lot more to this than has been reported so far.

I suspect that they all know each other and there is a lot of money or a debt of some kind involved.
Exactly what I thought when more info on the story came out. 65 Mustangs coupes arn't THAT collectible in general, certainly not enough to warrant 6 people hold the owner up at gunpoint.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #36
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

It's a 1967 fastback and appears to be a Shelby replica (may even be a real one)

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #37
3vXT

3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #38
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Sign over ownership?

There is a lot more to this than has been reported so far.

I suspect that they all know each other and there is a lot of money or a debt of some kind involved.
totally.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 03:00 AM   #39
GSH
AU2 XR8

my dads a cop, he said there is way more to this than a simple robbery....

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
GSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #40
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the plot thickens......
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #41
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pharmacist? A late nite one?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #42
Scott

^^ Nah, a new-age farmer that moonlights his tanning business

Anyone got any updates on this??
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #43
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
I hava just purchased a GPS Tracking system. $280.00 (cant remember the name all paperwork at home)
It was advertised in Perth Street Car recently.

Put a sim card in it and it calls you when your car is moving when it should not be. You also get a reference to where it is via Google Maps. You can also call the unit and listen in on the occupants conversations without them knowing, AND YOU CAN SHUT IT DOWN!! Only cost is a mobile sim card hooked up.

Will find paperwork tonight for yas
They had a similar tracker with use of sim card advertised in Street Fords for $299

I have an iPhone and you can locate my iPhone using the maps with great accuracy, even which room of the house your in - so if the GPS one does the sane then well worth the small price.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #44
TS5019
As Always, On The Road!!

Some of these tracking systems are getting pretty good. Might have to get a couple....

Toy : 1969 VF Valiant, Orancia Orange, Pacer Stripes, 318 Fireball, 650 Holley, Performer Manifold, Comp Cam, Stainless Valves, ARP Stud Kit, High Volume Oil Pump, Pacemakers, Twin 2 1/2" System, Gilmer Drives, 4 Speed Manual, LSD, Mini Lites, Venetian Blinds
TS5019 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #45
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Any further news on this story?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #46
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Ha ha ha...love it when the good guys win against againts what were obviously professionals

That car would be in bits in a day or so I think without the Police turning up.
I doubt they were pros. Professionals don't want the owner to know the car is gone until it is in bits somewhere.
Pulling a gun is not a very subtle way to take a car. Reminds me of the black guy in gone in 60 seconds
Ben73 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Man charged over Mustang theft

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...mustang-theft/

A 24-year-old man has been charged with assault and stealing offences after a spate of alleged robberies in Perth's south eastern suburbs.

Armadale and Midland detectives allege the man stole two high-performance cars worth more than a $100,000 and left a 24-year-old man with serious injuries during the spree, which ran for a week earlier this month.

About 11am on January 3, police said the man allegedly demanded the keys to a Nissan Skyline in the car park of a Thornlie shopping centre before assaulting him.

The alleged attack left the victim with facial fractures.

Less than a week later, police said the Thornlie victim had been at his Bentley home when the man and two co-offenders assaulted him again and left him in need of hospital treatment.

They also allegedly stole his car, which was found abandoned at the Beckenham train station a short time later.

The final incident is alleged to have occurred about 3am on January 10, when the man broke into a Wattle Grove home with other men before threatening the property's owner and stealing his 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe.

The car was recovered by police in Bayswater a short time later.

Police have charged the men with a raft of offences including armed robbery, aggravated burglary, assaulting with intent to rob, assault occasioning bodily harm, aggravated robbery, stealing a motor vehicle, stealing and committing and offence.
He is due to appear in the Perth Magistrate's Court on January 18.
All aboard the failtrain - destination - JAIL!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post