Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2011, 02:52 AM   #31
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you remove the TURBO for a year or so then put it back on
would that work
Old 20-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #32
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

get a tidy low km EF or EL XR6 with some mods and mags etc for the same price. Will be more then enough power and while you have it save for a turbo BA, BF or FG for when you're off your P's. You would be surprised how well the old falcons can go. I have an EF2 Fairmont ghia which has the xr6 driveline..luxury leather and electric everything and goes pretty hard. Have beat VS clubsports, VT's and even a VY Calais which i was surprised with so they are no slouch.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

Old 20-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #33
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

hell, the bloody EF2 GLi Wagon here beat a near new VZ commie.. so an XR6 would be good enoug
Old 20-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #34
tyson_8238
BA diff bushes

Does the state your in allow learners to drive turbos and V8's whilst a supervisor is in the car? If so there shouldnt be a issue as your not a P plater.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #35
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Perfectly possible if you stay under the radar, atleast in NSW. I had an de-badged FG XR6 on my Ps, the coppers kept asking if it was a turbo.. if their system told them the exact model they wouldn't be asking. I saw a police rego check print out on my old car and it only stated the engine capacity, not the model. A friend of mine runs around a tuned XR6 Turbo on his Ps (de-badged, that's it) and has done so for a while, no dramas with police.

BUT... If you do get the turbo for P plate duties, atleast book into a driver training day so you have experience handling it. The friend I mentioned earlier with the turbo on his Ps also put it into a guard rail when a surge of boost caught him off guard kicking out the rear. He didn't know how to handle oversteer, over corrected big time and bang. I happened to be in the back seat at the time, it was a big reminder that no experience and high powered car = big trouble if you try to be a hero.
Old 20-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #36
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why would you

A/ want to as you will come unstuck in all sorts of ways if you are in even the smallest of MVA's insurance LOL not any more sunshine
B/ write about it on a public forum

and C

become a statistic, and have blokes like me pull bits of you out of trees and drains, hang back in a NA 6 for a bit atcualy learn to drive not just pass a test then get a turbo

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 20-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #37
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Also remember that if they do catch you, it won't be pretty. This is my car posing with the damage it inflicted on a P-Plater's licence last thursday. The guy was only driving it from Hungry Jacks back to his house, a 2 minute trip and fate decided that during that 2 minute trip highway patrol would be in the right place at the right time. Booked in his own culdesac, 200m from home. If I wasn't in the car they would have impounded it.

Old 20-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #38
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

personally i would take the gamble of having a turbo on my P's. but im a betting man
Old 20-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #39
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How could you enjoy a car when you're always looking over your shoulder for Mr. Plod? The naturally aspirated 4 litre has more than enough go for a P-plater.
Old 20-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #40
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Sedan N/A (XR6)
BA - 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual (standard)
BF - 4 speed standard, 6 speed manual standard and 6 speed auto optional

Ute N/A (XR6)
BA - 4 speed auto and 5 speed manual (standard)
BF - 4 speed auto and 5 speed manual (standard)

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
Old 20-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #41
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradZ
True, might go for a tidy, manual xr6. Thanks all.
Smart decision mate. You will find all the info you need on B Series XR6's here.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread