Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #31
irlewy86
Meep Meep

I'm sure that the Preimier of Queensland took the time to redraft the fine enforcement letter on behalf of DoT.

Have you tried taking this issue up with the Ombudsman, or if you feel it is an attempt by the government to defraud Queensland business, then lodge a complaint with the CMC.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #32
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QLD is not broke cause we all work for the good of the state.

HANG ON! That sounds like communism.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #33
zdcol71
zdcol71

Man, I think I have been accused a couple of times for diverting a thread, but how quick did this one get off topic, it's gone from "speeding, broke the law, got caught and fined...to now we are a mutinist bunch af anarchists living in a communist state in 1984!! all within a page and a half
Old 09-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #34
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

^^ only speeking the truth ;)

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #35
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
I'm sure that the Preimier of Queensland took the time to redraft the fine enforcement letter on behalf of DoT.

Have you tried taking this issue up with the Ombudsman, or if you feel it is an attempt by the government to defraud Queensland business, then lodge a complaint with the CMC.
Waste of time.

I will lodge my complaint in a couple of years when it can do some good.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #36
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Waste of time.

I will lodge my complaint in a couple of years when it can do some good.
Yeah, because the other side would NEVER do something like this... Grow up!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #37
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i think most have missed what was stated by flappist.

where is the option to nominate the driver??

will check the nsw ticket and see if they have done the same.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Well they never have. Have they?

It is always so amusing to read the rantings of the true believers.

If there are two roads and you know for a fact that one goes off a cliff do you continue down it just in case the other one goes off a cliff as well or do you try it and see if maybe all you were told was just lies.
Is it better to drive off the cliff blindly than discover you were wrong?

Grown up is the stage of life where you make decissions based on judgement and experience rather than dogma, beliefs and instructions.

While you do not question your leaders and their policies you have not yet reached that stage.....

But thank you for reminding me how we ended up in this mess in the first place.......
Old 09-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #39
Mad Maxine

.... and that's when the fight started......

Kidding guys.

MM

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #40
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Sorry to hear flappist, another person screwed by this Blight on our political system. Won't be long before she wants to crush your entire company fleet into a cube, transport it to the Bahamas then charge you for keeping your cube there..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #41
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well they never have. Have they?

It is always so amusing to read the rantings of the true believers.

If there are two roads and you know for a fact that one goes off a cliff do you continue down it just in case the other one goes off a cliff as well or do you try it and see if maybe all you were told was just lies.
Is it better to drive off the cliff blindly than discover you were wrong?

Grown up is the stage of life where you make decissions based on judgement and experience rather than dogma, beliefs and instructions.

While you do not question your leaders and their policies you have not yet reached that stage.....

But thank you for reminding me how we ended up in this mess in the first place.......
gold.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #42
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I think it's a bit of a hit and miss approach, where they'll overstate the fine and hope that a number of people don't challenge it.

We have the same with councils in Sydney that issue parking fines for people legally parked, just in the knowledge that quite a few would just simply pay it. For example, I once parked in Harris Street in a "No Standing 8am-7pm". I parked at 7:22pm.
Came back to the car, and found that mine, and the whole street had been ticketed. Time of the infringement; 7:57pm. Found the little Pakki doing it, he said to contest it.

Sydney City Council wanted the fine paid before contesting it, told them to shove that up the old proverbial. Anyway, had to take a photo of the sign and refer to the ticket as well to show the error the parking cop made. Yes, it was a hassle and I avoided the penalty however, how many other people wouldn't have given it a second thought and just paid it?
Same can be said for flappists OP, the logic seems to be; "it's a company and they'll probably just pay it without thinking about it". It's a shame that regulation and policing on the roads has been replaced with revenue raising and filling treasury coffers.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #43
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine

Well historically the other side would be too busy bickering and handling paper bags. This is a bonus for us who want governance for the majority, not shackles because of the moron minority.

However, I often ask myself :- how can we expect to pay people to process fines if we don't fine people. It doesn't make sense to have huge numbers of public service employees and their grossly offensive super not to have a revenue stream to pay for the lot. Fines are good for us.

Anyway, speed camera revenue is a good thing according to Qld Transport. After parasitic publc service overheads are taken out, I estimate about $5 a year state revenue is used to make our non toll, non federal roads safer, which is better than nothing and once again a good thing.

Quote:
Speed camera revenue
Distribution of revenue from camera-detected offences is restricted by the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995. This requires that all money collected from camera-detected offences (after paying administrative costs) be used for:

road safety education and awareness programs
road accident injury rehabilitation programs
road funding to improve the safety of the sections of state-controlled roads where crashes happen most frequently.
Most other states in Australia do not have any policy or legislative requirements in place for the distribution of camera-detected offence (or other traffic fine) revenue.

For more information about infringement notices issued for camera-detected offences visit the Queensland Police Service website.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #44
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In some cases the company would prefer to pay the $666 without one of their drivers losing their points thereby possibly losing their licence. Now is the time to put into place an agreement with the employees to say that the company shouldn't take the hit on this and from now on any employee found to be in breach will have to cop the fine. Deducted from their wages yada yada yada. A twofold result is that companies will keep better records of who drives their cars and the drivers may think twice about speeding if they are going to cop a 4x fine when driving said car.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #45
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is afterall the 'smart' state remember.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #46
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck, Flappist hope you get a win. Just as an aside Dave Gibson is looking good from where I live.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #47
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1) If you weren't speeding you wouldnt get the fine! (I'll edit that to.. if the driver wasnt speeding!)

2) As silly as it sounds, ignorance of the laws of the land is no excuse. Even when it comes to paying fines. The removal of the part where it says please dob in the real driver so you pay less is neither here nor there. It is up to YOU to know the laws/ rules etc...

3) Is this a thread about a speeding fine or a pollitics one?

4) No im no supporter of the present state government or the so-called opposition.
Squabbling like children over people who lie, cheat and defraud the state is a waste of time and effort. Until people wake up to this fact, the real issues keep getting forgotten....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #48
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Good luck, Flappist hope you get a win. Just as an aside Dave Gibson is looking good from where I live.
There is no win or lose on this. The driver of the car admitted it immediately. It was one of the work rockets based in my sunny coast office.

The point of the thread is that until recently the notice stated the "normal" fine with provision to "denounce the criminal".
It then stated that if you did not then the fine would be multiplied by 5.

Now it states that the fine is 5 times and although there is a place to "denounce the enemy of the state" it does not state that by doing so the fine is reduced to the normal level.

It is a money grab as many will not realise as just pay the big amount.

Oh and GOOSE, I was not driving the car, I just own it.

If you read the initial post before making such sage comments you might have caught the point being made.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #49
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep thats what I was referring to getting the 5x thing sorted,sorry not real clear post was it.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #50
Murph-51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A-hem, Anna is broke, here is some proof while "STILL ON SUBJECT"
There will be 7 new speed camera locations being tested in the south-east corner over the coming weeks and if successful will be operational by mid 2010 and then will be rolled out through the rest of the state. These will be:

TWO COMBINED RED LIGHT/SPEED CAMERAS-

Cnr Waterworks Road, and Jubilee Terrace, Ashgrove

Cnr Beaudesert Road, and Compton Road, Calamvale

THREE SPOT FIXED SPEED CAMERAS

Pacific Motorway, Loganholme

Gateway Arterial Road, Nudgee

Clem7 Tunnel, Wooloongabba to Bowen Hills

ONE MOBILE SPEED CAMERA - used at varying locations

ONE POINT-TO-POINT SPEED CAMERA SYSTEM

Bruce Highway, Caloundra Road to Wild Horse Mountain, Beerburrum

A point-to-point (or average) speed camera system uses a number of cameras over a length of road to measure a vehicles average speed. The system uses the time it takes for a vehicle to trave between the two points to calculate the average speed of the vehicle: Speed = Distance/Time.

Point-to-point camera systems, like fixed speed cameras, are monitoring traffic 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, unlike current fixed speed cameras, point-to-point systems are not activated when a vehicle violates the speed limit at a given point in time measured by a speed detection device. Rather, point-to-point camera systems apply a mathematical calculation based on the time it takes for a vehicle to travel from one camera to the next and the distance between the cameras.

The first length of road the system will cover is approximately 13klm

Please exercise some common sense when driving particularly through these locations and avoid any infringements. The new locations will be digital processors so if an infringement is detected the images are uploaded instantly to the infringements center and you receive notification within 2-3 days.
Currently with the wet-film system these can take up to 4 weeks.
Please pass this around to all cabinet employees regardless if they have a company car or not and please be safe on the roads.

Anna Bligh
Murph-51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #51
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Bruce Highway, Caloundra Road to Wild Horse Mountain, Beerburrum
would love to know how this one works as it changes speed from 110/100 in the same stretch

Old 11-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #52
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^They will change the 110 to100 without any notice and those who usually travel that route will get pinged with a higher average speed.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #53
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats the bet they won't put up a sign saying Average speed camera ahead, so lots will go into it thinking it's a normal camera, slow down a bit then speed up and get pinged, i know thats the whole point but 105/110 in 100 zone doesnt have any effect as thats the flow of traffic usually anyway
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #54
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Mmmm
QLD mutter mutter, Bligh - mutter mutter spit vomit, fines and application of enforcement - mutter mutter, next QLD election - arrrrgh timeframe long now mutter mutter, bugger.

People really are too polite and gentle with the administration of government.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #55
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

my letter to the transport minister and blights office wasn't to gentle....

Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #56
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
would love to know how this one works as it changes speed from 110/100 in the same stretch
The cameras are going in the 110 zone.

It is a huge scam. Anyone who drives that road knows that it is bumper to bumper 40-60km/h (100 zone, 50km long) all the way from the Gateway to Bribie/Caboolture where most of the commuters turn off.

Then all of a sudden it is 110 and open road with bugger all traffic so almost everyone takes off.

The problem with the 110 zone is the morons allow intersections with dirt roads (Roys Rd etc) and entrances from side roads with no "run up area".

So you have a 4WD coming out of the forestry on a dirt road joining onto a 110km/h freeway at a 90 degree angle.

OR WORSE

CROSSING the 110km/h freeway to then join in the other direction from 90 degrees.

I wonder why there are problems there.

One of the really good things about a change of government is that most of the incompetent idiots who have attained senior positions in the various public services due to affiliations rather than skill are culled off. (this happens for both sides)

Maybe, just maybe, if we can get rid of comrade anna we can also get rid of "the 90k fairy", "the fraser island fairy", "the local government employees can do no wrong fairy", "the admin staff is more important than medical staff in hospitals fairy" and the rest of the lunatics that have been gradually destroying QLD over the last 20 years.

Last edited by flappist; 11-02-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #57
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Point to point nothing new

True story
In 1973 between murray bridge and the Adelaide hills before the freeway was built
there used to be a chicken shop out in the middle of nowhere where
I got pinged doing 50 MPH(80Ks) in a truck the open limit on SA highways for trucks was 30 MPH(50Ks) not 100Ks like now
any way the cops used the point to point scam using a stopwatch and parked on a bridge and timed you between two fixed points
cost me $50 half a weeks wages
so nothing is new
John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #58
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

ahh interesting, must be looking at changing the limit before they are operational, because currently they are setup about 3k before the Caloundra exit in the 110 zone, about 2k down the road just before the Caloundra exit it drops back to 100 and the end of the camera zone is another 14k up the road past the pub built by *academics*.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #59
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
QLD is not broke cause we all work for the good of the state.

HANG ON! That sounds like communism.
South Australia is kind of already there....

news link.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #60
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

I saw that article baxter.. australia is really in need of some serious civil disobedience ;)