Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #31
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

lol i have seen pictures of the gtr and lusted after it... especially the orange ones!!
dont forget the belletts ugly cousin the florian, now there is a forgotten car!
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #32
1600GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibbles
lol i have seen pictures of the gtr and lusted after it... especially the orange ones!!
u and me both mate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibbles
dont forget the belletts ugly cousin the florian, now there is a forgotten car!
and thank god its forgotten...
mind u, a guy in the club down here luvs the things (someone has too), and his pride and joy looks very original, but with wider wheels and much lower.
then when u open the bonnet, u see the 2.0 twin cam, injection, pipes...
sleeper is just the right word!!
1600GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #33
MrFlibbles

i loved the florians for a while... owned four of them! but somehow the motors and boxes would migrate into other belletts! (always would have liked a florian sleeper!)
1969 Isuzu Florian
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
Old 21-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #34
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroman
When I was at high school in Penrith in the mid eighties one of the teachers had an isuzu bellet that he'd hotted up with a cam/webers/headers/suspension mods and it was a ripper car. He used to light 'em up for us at the bus stop at home time and yeah it went hard!
When I was at high school around the late 60's one of my teachers had a light blue/silver? one, but I seem to remember it sounded like it was going to fall apart any minute.

Surprised there is still one around, must be one of a very few.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #35
MrFlibbles

there are quite a few alive and kicking in Adelaide, I have a couple i see dailyish! and i know where there are a few others including a couple of gt's. (as said before the owners usually have sheds full of bits too!)
1969 Isuzu Florian
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
Old 21-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #36
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, I didn't realise you and your car were so good. I s'pose it does have a GT badge.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #37
1600GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Sorry, I didn't realise you and your car were so good.
and thats nothing to what im really capable of.

Quote:
I s'pose it does have a GT badge.
and yep, it sure does have a GT badge.
something XC's were never worthy of...
1600GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 12:28 AM   #38
MRSXR-8
I'm a V8 Mum..

One saying comes to mind.....

You just can't argue with an idiot. :yeees:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby (Ricky Bobby's father)....
Shut up, you little pot-lickers, or I'll shove you in the microwave....
MRSXR-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #39
XTGT Code Z
Rossi's view of Stoner!

Location: In the shed. XTGT on 1 side, 66 Mustang on the other...

hey xcgxl lay off the bellets mate!
they might not be a v8 or even a ford and they might not have been the best thing to ever built but in there day they were heaps of fun and were a pretty quick thing for what they were.
i had one as a runaround car years ago and the damn thing just wouldnt die.
no matter how hard i punted it it just kept goin.
in the end i actualy wanted it to break to see how much damage i could do but it never happened.
then when i sold it i got more for it than i paid for it 2 years earlier!
id love to see ur xc do that!

and its good to see that at least some bellets have survived.
good on ya 1600gt. keep us updated on the gt resto mate!
Casey Stoner #27. :
Valentino Rossi's worst nightmare... :
... and now 2007 WORLD CHAMPION!
XTGT Code Z is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 04:13 AM   #40
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

When I was racing in Sydney ('74 to mid 80's) the Bellet Car Club always had a good attendance at Inter-Club race days . Interesting times ! !

1600GT , I can understand the 4 wheel disc's , I saw a Bellet go backwards into the concrete wall just before the bridge at Oran Park because of the lack of braking .

BTW , my car was supposed to be one of the first Sports Sedans with 4 wheel disc's in Sydney , the previous owner installed them around 1970 ( Fiat rear disc's in a '59 FC Holden , HR disc front end)

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #41
Bodizephr
AnArChIst

Well oil beef hooked!!!!!

I didnt expect to get this kinda response at all. I expected to get at the most..."whats a bellet??" the equivalent to a blank stare.

I do apologise XC, when i was 4 years old and my grandparents were giving cars away, I shoulda said " hey you know, keep the little 4banger, and make sure i have a v8 XC so that way the single minded individuals in the world will like me. I suppose if i had an XC, a VL-turbo driver would be having a go at me :P Are you sure you didnt own a VL at some point?

OK ok, in all seriousness. Mine is a 1500 4 door, i couldnt remember if it was a 1500 or 1600 but it is deffinatly a 4 door. She is in pretty good condition, no rust or anything.

The car was purchased new by my ex-uncle, and it was as far as i can telll light green originally. It had twin su's on it at one point also. But after a pretty serious accident in it, it was repainted purple, and a new engine was fitter. The new engine was only driven for about 6 months and the car was taken off the road. not entirely sure why yet and why it wasnt sold. Although the seats and dash are cracked due to time, it is in pretty good condition i reckon for a car that hasnt seen any love since the early 80's

I6 Assassin
Bodizephr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #42
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hahaha, mate i am with you Bodizephr, I had no idea these things existed!?
I am sure that they would be a blast around a track for sure, they remind me allot of the mini supercars with motorcycle engine in them.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #43
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
I have done a few laps of the Bathurst track as I lived there for many years.
I've done two laps. Late at night in road cars following a guy who was racing up there in a support race for the first 12 hour event - it was still open to traffic and classed as a public road and we were no where near race pace (bloody narrow isn't it). Even my grandfather used to boast about his group of seniors going around there in a minivan.

When you were going around was it a parade lap, just road car pace (do the cops still hang out at the old drive-in site on Conrod?) or was it part of an organised motorsport event where you could go as fast as you wanted?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #44
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
I've done two laps. Late at night in road cars following a guy who was racing up there in a support race for the first 12 hour event - it was still open to traffic and classed as a public road and we were no where near race pace (bloody narrow isn't it).

When you were going around was it a parade lap, just road car pace (do the cops still hang out at the old drive-in site on Conrod?) or was it part of an organised motorsport event where you could go as fast as you wanted?
I have driven around there dozens and dozens of times. I lived in Bathurst from age 15 to 24, the mountain has a lot of memories for me (all involved cars but not necesarily driving, there is a nice parking spot at the top). Just about any car we test drove, mates cars, motor cylces, got a test lap (or two) of the circuit. The speed we went at depended on how brave we were feeling at the time. There were no parade laps.
Never been booked for speeding ther but plenty have. There is really only two places to join the circuit and all it took was a mate or two with a CB radio to warn of any cop, in secret code of course (just kidding about the last part).
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #45
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

The 1.8l motor would be a G180z, right? Commonly found in Rodeos?

I bought one of those motors once, turned out to be a lemon (timing chain flogged, lots of blowby) so I went and tried to kill it out in the middle of nowhere. The damned thing wouldn't die even after being held at 5000 for what seemed like a very long time. Repeatedly.