Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: what are the odds eh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintman1 View Post
I'm supposed to put my daughter on the road with a muppet like you?
Only if you moved to NZ. If you don't ... no issues.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #32
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLR View Post
That's GOLD you of all people calling people names,forget him what about an oil analysis on her engine..first world problems ..
daughter will do her own oil analysis, she's smart which is a lot more than we can say for the dregs of society like.......
Old 27-12-2015, 08:18 AM   #33
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been the smart ****, it got me nothing but full tilt fines and extra infringements for my troubles, since changing my attitude I've been written down twice warned once and one time I don't know what he pulled me over for it started off with the just letting you know your being recorded blah blah blah but it ended up just being a chat and we were on our seperate ways

Christmas about 6 years ago I was crook I got out of Hospital Christmas Eve after being there for a week with an infection, so my wife was driving, we were running late (no excuse) it was drizzling we get pulled over, my wife pulled over as far as she could giving the HWP plenty of room to talk with out his bum out in the traffic

He starts with the usual stuff and says being Xmas its double demerits and zero tolerance etc. he looks at me in the passenger seat looking very second hand, then says looks like your trying to do the right thing I appreciate the fact that you pulled over so I wasn't standing in traffic, so slow down and have a merry Christmas. Now I think she would have been 0-15 over at best but being let off with a warning made our Christmas and she's slowed down

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by The Yeti; 27-12-2015 at 08:29 AM.
6 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #34
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Agreed with the attitude test ... can make the difference between a little bit of annoyance ... or a REALLY REALLY bad day.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #35
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Agreed with the attitude test ... can make the difference between a little bit of annoyance ... or a REALLY REALLY bad day.
That's it, it won't get you let off or written down every time, but you have a MUCH better chance if you don't abuse them than if you call them out for being *******

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 08:36 AM   #36
The Monty
Just slidin'

Would have been getting a lot more than a ticket getting out ranting and raving and yelling at me, when YOU were the one breaking the law. Im assuming you're one of those "the police are picking on me because Im breaking the law" types?
5 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #37
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are the odds?

Speeding at Xmas time and getting a speeding ticket?

As close to a sure bet as I can think of.
7 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #38
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obviously a slow learner...
Old 27-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #39
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Last week edge of town in a 50 before it goes to 80 DOWN hill
64 in a 50
Was miles away chatting to the mrs
$417 and 3 points

Down hill
Fcking *******
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 10:14 AM   #40
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Repeatedly speed at Xmas then tell the Cop to shut up? New Years resolution...

Marry a plastic surgeon.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #41
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post
What are the odds ? pretty good I'd say.

You're an egg for speeding at this time of year, you know the tolerance is reduced and there is going to be heaps of them about, cruise control is your friend.

If your going to drive over the 10 km/h tolerance you should own a radar detector, I have one but at this time of year I just stick to the 104 km/h tolerance (unless overtaking).
Yea your right but hey you take your chances,most of the time no problem.Some interesting replies in this thread,"abusing the people put in place to police our roads" not at all just couldnt be bothered sitting in the car listening to a rehearsed speech on road safety.To the bloke worried about putting his daughter on the same roads as me to be fair i have far more to be worried about than her if the standard of her driving is the same as many of the young ones given a licence here.As for "the road isnt my personal racetrack jesus i was doing 127k on basically a back road in perfect driving conditions with little traffic either way... to cover an entire countries roads regardless of there nature in a 100kph speed limit was years ago and still is utterly ridiculous then when there at peak flow lower the tolerance to 4 k As was shown here most speedos are out by more than 4k to start with.As i said earlier you take your chances most of the time you win then some you dont...
Old 27-12-2015, 10:53 AM   #42
Itsme
Experienced Member

As the title says Re: what are the odds eh... In your case very high for being a clown with your your attitude.
Old 27-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #43
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
As for "the road isnt my personal racetrack jesus i was doing 127k on basically a back road in perfect driving conditions with little traffic either way...
To be fair you were going faster than that, you said you hit the brakes and bled off some speed

Quote:
to cover an entire countries roads regardless of there nature in a 100kph speed limit was years ago and still is utterly ridiculous then when there at peak flow lower the tolerance to 4 k
I'm with you on that, but you have to wise up with how and when you do it and if you get caught be polite and cop it on the chin.
Old 27-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #44
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post
To be fair you were going faster than that, you said you hit the brakes and bled off some speed

Yep fair call.

I'm with you on that, but you have to wise up with how and when you do it and if you get caught be polite and cop it on the chin.
Absolutely agree on the time n place bit and up until these last two havent come foul of the law for many years re speed...more luck than good management really as nowhere is fail proof i guess.As for copping it on the chin possibly a bit gun shy from last years one as i did all the yes sir no sir stuff and as we were getting along so well thought the simple request to lower the recorded speed a tad a fair request Am not some lunatic running about flat out all the time just a bloke enjoying his car on an at the time pretty quiet bit of road,just found it ironic to be pinged for the same speed almost a year later hence the "what are the odds" thing,will add the mrs is well chuffed methinks as the current level of demerits dictates some fairly sedate driving for a while and has even suggested we use her little car to be sure
Old 27-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #45
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Jesus H what are the odds eh...

Quote:
:...you could respect that but oh no they have to actually make out like they believe all the bull**** there fed.
It's probably more the bodies they help drag out of the cars than any official line.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #46
XG_Falcon

My best friend was killed in high school by a speed racer who thought he was also above the law.

Save it for the track.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #47
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Jesus H what are the odds eh...

Quote:
. 6 you get a licence suspension on the spot in NSW.
So if getting done for 3 points in Double Demerit points times (like right now in Xmas Holiday periods) ... say goodbye to your licence.
Close but no cigar. 6 points does not mean a suspension on the spot.
over 45 over the limit is $2306, 6 points plus 6 months suspension. The police have the discretion to take your license on the spot.
Getting 6 points in double demerits does not cause a suspension unless your points are exceeded.

Quote:
I think it's 30 or 35km/h over in NSW for that one as well *during normal periods*
30 over, but under 45 over gets you 3 month suspension
All explained http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safe...ies/index.html
Old 27-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #48
ltd
Force Fed Fords

To the OP, your attitude stinks and you have anger issues.
I have never heard someone boastfully talk about abusing a police officer, save for the muppets on the Highway Patrol TV show. You wonder why they pick on you? Disgraceful.
Police have more of an idea of road conditions than you. They've seen the accidents, injuries and deaths. Every highway police officer has had to attend atleast one fatal accident, where some cocky idiot thought they knew better. You need to take lessons in physics and learn one of sir Isaac Newtons laws - Force = Mass times Acceleration.

Until you actually see the face of a dead person whose life was stolen from them by an arrogant idiot thinking the roads were his racetrack, I suspect you'll never change. You may wish to endanger your life and your families lives, but you have no right to put everyone else at risk with your stupidity. Was this you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgh5Gurr8U

Quote: