Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #31
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Chucky check-out the link in my post 11, the Dodge Challenger, is the horn car..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #32
WASP
Whipple Induced

Ahh... back to the good days of massive V8 torque, gobs of grunt, cheap body and interior finish, loads of chrome and crap floaty handling. I'm going to disagree with many here in saying that although I love the SRT-8 in spirit, I've had a close up look at a 300C all I'll say is I wouldn't be swapping my GT for it. You can make any V8 go harder and sound great, but it's the rest of the package that you need to live with. I do hope however that FPV are paying attention on how to deliver a ball tearier of a V8 the compliment the rest of their package. The BOSS should be everything and more than this Hemi IMO.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #33
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Looks very sexy in black!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #34
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Ive been seeing a few 300c's go around and they look horn. They look like more of a cruiser than anything and if I had the money id buy one in an instant.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 12:18 AM   #35
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Rusty, are you going to fit the cross-hatch grill (ala Bentley), that fitted to black one would look extra sexy!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #36
Steffo
LPG > You

F6 Typhoon is cheaper, faster, better looking, more then likely better built and definitley handles alot better.

Now to kill off a bit of the bias... Clubsport is also cheaper, almost as fast, looks hmm, I actually prefer the HSV, build quality well, it probably is better, and it definitley handles alot better.

I don't know why people think that our car makers should copy the Americans and make land yachts with steering so soft you can do a 3 point turn using nothing but your pinky finger, and suspension so soft that it sways and bounces for a while after you've cleared a normal speed bump, and body roll so bad that any sort of spirited cornering is near impossible.

I'd take a 'phoon or Clubby any day over this.

EDIT - I must say I like its engine though. 6.1litre 425hp V8? Definitley good.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #37
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Steffo thats all your opinion mate.

And not as many people give a hoot about steering/suspension that you might think. Holden/HSV having good sales up until BA/BF is proof of that.

In the big picture, rarely are most FPV's and HSV's ever taken to the point in which someone will stop and critic the dampening, steering response etc etc.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #38
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Steffo thats all your opinion mate.

And not as many people give a hoot about steering/suspension that you might think. Holden/HSV having good sales up until BA/BF is proof of that.

In the big picture, rarely are most FPV's and HSV's ever taken to the point in which someone will stop and critic the dampening, steering response etc etc.
of course its his opinion, just like this is only yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
It takes balls to make something that looks different, but when its done right it works well; 300C is just that. Want to make a statement and standout, a good looking 300C will crack more necks that a commy or falcon.
its that the whole point in these forums to state our opinions? Steffo's opinion is just a valid as yours

i tend to agree with you steffo, american cars are not exactly renound for there quality cars, plus it just looks like a try hard bently.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #39
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im really into these cars at the moment..

But I have seen white and black on the road and would have to say the Black is my choice. If I was in the market for anew car, even though Im blue blood through and through it would have to be on the test-drive list..

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #40
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
F6 Typhoon is cheaper, faster, better looking, more then likely better built and definitley handles alot better.
Looks wise I don't think the Typhoon necessarily looks better - they are both chasing different looks.

A Typhoon looks like a boy racer mobile, I picture it in my head getting sideways around a track, all induction noise and wastegate flutter (yum). The SRT-8 looks like a mafia mobile, I picture it in black, with tints, lowered on 24 inch chrome wheels cruising slowly and menacingly down a narrow city street with the 6.1L HEMI growling like a waking bear...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #41
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
The SRT-8 looks like a mafia mobile, I picture it in black, with tints, lowered on 24 inch chrome wheels cruising slowly and menacingly down a narrow city street with the 6.1L HEMI growling like a waking bear...
Wheres that drooling emoticon.. Oh wait here it is

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #42
HSE2

Why hasn't the world ended yet? I was at least expecting the sky to fall!

Very much look forward to reading RWs report card on this one.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #43
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave XR8
To me, it looks un-Australian. I still reckon it looks like Tony Soprano's staff car.

"Street Racing Technology" ???... dumb
Actually Go Auto has ИИИИИed up there. SRT stands for Street AND Racing Technology, they could get their ***** sued printing ИИИИ like that.

Personally I'd have one if I had the money but that's only gonna happen if I win Powerball. And that's only gonna happen if I buy a ticket. :togo:
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #44
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

This thread has been a real joy - some peoples "views" towards this car have really given me the best laugh I've had in at least a fortnight!

Please, I emplore you, keep it up - laughter is the best medicine! :
Old 27-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #45
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Rusty, are you going to fit the cross-hatch grill (ala Bentley), that fitted to black one would look extra sexy!
I've ordered the E&G mesh grille as I think it's the best of them and I am not fond of the stock item - it was one area where they missed out on a unique visual identification for the SRT. I ended up with Silver.

I'm glad to see that the vehicle polarises opinions - it is what it was meant to do. As noted in the comparison presented in the Tech forum the vehicle represents good value against the peer group and is potentially their performance equal. Real world tests will decide that either way and mine will be spending some time at both Heathcote and Calder to establish those benchmarks. If the handling needs fixing then so be it - the GT-P isn't exactly the best balanced handler around tending to lack the horsepower to drive it on the throttle or overcome the weight penalty and being undersprung (in BA form) at both ends. The Typhoon is never going to appeal to the same audience no matter how hard it goes and is thus irrelevant in this discussion.

By the way. If I remember correctly the Landau (much as I love them) was another attempt to off load some excess 2 door body shells and until serious money was spent on the front and rear suspensions they gave new meaning to the term body float.

Cheers
Russ

Cheers
Russ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ce_1_b.JPG (16.8 KB, 55 views)

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #46
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
This thread has been a real joy - some peoples "views" towards this car have really given me the best laugh I've had in at least a fortnight!

Please, I emplore you, keep it up - laughter is the best medicine! :
Hey my sparkley friend:newangel: , so you and many other think this thing is the ducks guts hey? I'd like to agree but a few minutes in a 300C really surprised me how average the finish was. I'm confident however that the SRT-8 engine would be a sweet thing without a doubt.

Grass is alway greener remember.:
Old 27-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #47
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:

Now to kill off a bit of the bias... Clubsport is also cheaper, almost as fast, looks hmm, I actually prefer the HSV, build quality well, it probably is better, and it definitley handles alot better.

I don't know why people think that our car makers should copy the Americans and make land yachts with steering so soft you can do a 3 point turn using nothing but your pinky finger, and suspension so soft that it sways and bounces for a while after you've cleared a normal speed bump, and body roll so bad that any sort of spirited cornering is near impossible.

I'd take a 'phoon or Clubby any day over this.

EDIT - I must say I like its engine though. 6.1litre 425hp V8? Definitley good.
Steffo, the new 300 C looks and will perform better than any F6 ,GT or Clubby.These cars are the best looking automobile i have seen.I don't think a F6 will sound as good as any HEMI 8 or 6.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #48
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Steffo, the new 300 C looks and will perform better than any F6 ,GT or Clubby.These cars are the best looking automobile i have seen.I don't think a F6 will sound as good as any HEMI 8 or 6.
it's not european or japanese..ergo it can't be any good... :ticking:
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #49
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

That other grill is so horn!

Does anyonehave any pics of a 300c/srt8 with that grill, black, and some nice rims?

Ive got some pics of "THE LAW", but lost them, and I dont think it had that grill, could be wrong though.

I love the 300C so much Im going to try and copy it, the EL is a fair way off at the moment, but some pimp mods are coming soon
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #50
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Try this one:

LINK HERE

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #51
Transit Truck

Finally the US free trade agreement pays off, and it still will. Most of the imported cars from the US will go down in price further and further until 2010...

http://www.fta.gov.au/Default.aspx?ArticleID=1065
Transit Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #52
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
It's slower then an F6 in a straight line, it's definitley not as good around corners (it got spanked by the Monaro almost every time they were compared, no doubts F6 would spank it too). Looks are subjective. Sound is again subjective.

GT, definitley lose to it in a straight line. Around a corner? Definitley beat it.

Clubsport? Probably a match in a straight, smash it around any sort of challenging bends.

Unfortunately the 300C handles like a typical American sedan. Which is sad, as it is a pretty cool looking car with a very cool engine.

That being said, I can't help but wonder what the (in my opinion) much cooler Charger SRT-8 goes like in comparison to its (apparantley) doughier 300C brother.

:
Old 27-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #53
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being Austrian built they would be decent quality.

Aussie Spec 300C's have a different suspension tune to US spec cars and apparantly they handle much better...

IMO they look great... definatly an alternative to the F6/GT/Clubbie etc
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #54
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
It's slower then an F6 in a straight line...
Plenty of SRT8 300Cs in the States running high 12's all day long, stock as a rock (no, not even a filter change!).. and even their journos managed times like 13.2 @ 109mph (Car & Driver).

I would really REALLY love to see the Charger SRT8 made in RHD and dumped over here for sale, tis the meanest looking 4-door in production without question.
Old 27-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #55
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
I would really REALLY love to see the Charger SRT8 made in RHD and dumped over here for sale, tis the meanest looking 4-door in production without question.
Yeah, I'd like to see the Charger SRT-8 here as well. I like it much more then the 300C.

:
Old 28-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #56
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Plenty of SRT8 300Cs in the States running high 12's all day long, stock as a rock (no, not even a filter change!).. and even their journos managed times like 13.2 @ 109mph (Car & Driver).
While we are comparing Performance between the F6 to SRT8 300Cs, lets look at the dollars spent, don’t think anyone would be too worried about a $145 filter change when the SRT8 300C costs $12,000 more than the F6 sedan.
That’s on RRP, on the best deal it would be more like $15,000 as it would be far easier to cut a deal on a local car.
If you compare the GT-P to the SRT8 300C the Hemi spanks it value everywhere.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #57
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Latest Wheels mag got 13.8@106mph from a SRT-8, compared to 14.0@105mph from the Typhoon.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #58
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Latest Wheels mag got 13.8@106mph from a SRT-8, compared to 14.0@105mph from the Typhoon.
Look at that MPH. That's mid to high 12's stuff. They're both ALOT faster then what Wheels did.

:
Old 29-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #59
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
By the way. If I remember correctly the Landau (much as I love them) was another attempt to off load some excess 2 door body shells and until serious money was spent on the front and rear suspensions they gave new meaning to the term body float.

Cheers
Russ
Totally agree.....like driving a boat! But actually Landau was designed as the 2 door coupe was designed (mine '73) coming out and was based on the model, not as a consequence, but as another model. Unlike JG, Cobra, etc. But like all cars, not to everyones taste! .....off topic!!!!!

I am sure your new purchase will be grouse and will go like the clappers as long as it can horse whip the HSV'S

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post