Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #31
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

If that Tudor is so unique and all parts numbered then there's no way it or any part of it can show up in this country again so I'd put my money on it being in a shipping container somewhere on it's way to far away shores. As said, the Monaro would just be spares for the Tudor and unfortunately the body will probably turn up like the XA coupe did last year.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #32
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconunbelievable
Sorry guys just have to say that we were down at the Wintersun with the Landau all week and there were cops everywhere we went - there was atleast a patrol car and a bike up marine parade and griffith street every day we were there. A lot of police presence around from what we saw. And yes we dared to take the Landau out but a lot of planning went into the location where we stayed believe me...plus Ken had a few other little tricks up his sleeve for the nights... His brother had his Chevy Camaro there and they parked it out on marine parade overnight for two nights with a security guard - there were about 15 cars in that one area under ARMED guard (yep we were talking to the security guard for a little while one night) for $30 for the weekend...not a bad investment...but gee that sea spray made a mess of them
Was down there also mate. Was yours the gold landau? Was the only one a saw there. Wasn't parked that far frm my fathers 69 fastback muzzy on sunday in the park. Wondered how much they paid the security guard, the birds also made a mess of the cars not covered. I think if i took my car i would set up a swag bedside it or campbed. Although talk of last one next year and i won't be taking my car. I also do ot understand how they can get away with it. They must be great and well organised. I was told the manaro was stolen for its big dollar motor.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #33
Falconunbelievable
FORD PARKING ONLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
Was down there also mate. Was yours the gold landau? Was the only one a saw there. Wasn't parked that far frm my fathers 69 fastback muzzy on sunday in the park.
Yep that was us! Pity we didnt catch up then Yeh 2010 may be the last Wintersun for Coolangatta, 2011 location will be announced at the 2010 one... I think they will have probs with cars getting pinched wherever they have it though...

Member of
Chrome Cruisers Inc
Falconunbelievable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #34
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggss
The Hot Rod was my fathers and this was the second Wintersun it has been to.
My parents took great care to protect the car. Blocking it in against a wall by their two other cars (a '53 Chevy Pickup and the '67 Mustang GTA Coupe which had the window smashed and was moved out of the way to gain access to the Hot Rod). The cars were in a locked garage.
The people who stole the cars knew exactly what they wanted and were going to stop at nothing to get it.
It's possible that they could have been watching the car for a while, sussing it out. My parents stayed in the same hotel building last year so it is highly likely that they have perhaps rented a room even to gain access to the carpark as most people do tend to stay in the same hotel year after year.
So I guess none of the cars had security items fitted such as alarms, immobilisers, club locks or GPS tracking?

I'm not saying what happened to your dad's car was suspicious, but to many people viewing this they would get the wrong impression.

I just can't fathom people building these cars spending big money on them then leaving them so vulnerable especially with the known problems of the past at this particular show.

I know you blocked the car in but as its been said if they want it they will take it somehow.

My XW has a few security measures in place fingers crossed they are enough!

Have the Police made any progress?

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
HP-0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #35
squiggss
Starter Motor

No the cars did not have security fittings as far as i believe...
I dont understand how it could be seen as suspicious? What kind of suspicious do you mean? As in insurance wise?
There is no way ever... Those kind of cars, as you probably know, can never be insured for anywhere near the amount of money or time put into them...

The police have a few leads...
squiggss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 AM   #36
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

Suspicious as in why would cars that mean so much to owners in terms of dollar value and sentimental reasons that the owner(s) wouldn't protect them even further by fitting anti theft devices. It just seems like a natural thing to do.

People become suspicious when such cars are stolen...I'm not accusing your Dad or anyone else in this case but you can understand why people may question it.

If it's all legitimate then fine, I hope the bastards are caught naturally and prosecuted.

It's a damn shame this stuff goes on to begin with, I mean why can't these thieves leave this show alone? I guess it has become a haven for stealing top notch cars lately, so please all car owners take steps to help stop this scum by protecting your valuable cars properly.

I hope leads turn into arrests. And please tell me the car was insured?

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
HP-0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 AM   #37
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-0351
Suspicious as in why would cars that mean so much to owners in terms of dollar value and sentimental reasons that the owner(s) wouldn't protect them even further by fitting anti theft devices. It just seems like a natural thing to do.
Yes its always good to fit all these anti theft devices ... in hind sight, but to have your car, especially a 28 Bright Orange coupe, in a 'secure' carpark, behind other cars, amongst other simular cars of value, with cameras, its easy to think that it would be safe as possible for the situation. If someone wants it that bad .... it will be taken!

Dont find it suspicious at all ...... they have got footage of it and one person is clear in the footage who they are looking for at the moment.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #38
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
Good to see some peoples thoughts of bikies never change.
Guess thats the generalisation mate, same with all modded car owners are hoons.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #39
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconunbelievable
Yep that was us! Pity we didnt catch up then Yeh 2010 may be the last Wintersun for Coolangatta, 2011 location will be announced at the 2010 one... I think they will have probs with cars getting pinched wherever they have it though...
Yer, next year mate. lol. If you had the ute there i would have recognised it straight away but didn't know you had a landua. Very nice car, only one there to i seen. I doubt my car will be there next year. Won't take it unless there is secure parking for it and unless you have a room for your self it unlikely. I just shared a unit and my parents got the carpark spot. I don't know what you can do to stop these guys. If i had my XY parked in underground parking i would sleep next to it on a camp bed i reckon over night. I slept on a couch down there anyway.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #40
fat289
fat289

any news on these cars ?

XRGT
XP ute 351w Toploader
99 Springer softail
XW Fairmont 302w / c4 col shift 58,000 miles
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #41
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

From what I have heard they have located the Holden, its been stripped. No news of the Hot Rod though. Sad for the sport that these things happen. Not sure what outcome would be better? Finding your car stripped or never hearing another thing about it.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #42
squiggss
Starter Motor

Default car was parked in whyndam vacation resort and was blocked in by by other cars.

Quote:
FFS! Not again.

What I dont understand is that if you owned such a car why would you leave it in a block of apartments without proper security?

You are asking for trouble especially after what happened last year.

Paying a private security guard to watch over your pride and joy whilst you sleep well doesn't cost alot...very cheap insurance indeed.
The car park is meant to be a secure underground park with card access only.
The rod was blocked in against a solid block wall by five other cars.
last checked at 11.30.
Old 24-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #43
squiggss
Starter Motor

Quote:
FFS! Not again.

What I dont understand is that if you owned such a car why would you leave it in a block of apartments without proper security?

You are asking for trouble especially after what happened last year.

Paying a private security guard to watch over your pride and joy whilst you sleep well doesn't cost alot...very cheap insurance indeed.

Look out for video footage of the theives to be listed soon.
Old 24-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #44
JPDyno

This is terrible. B-(
The lengths people have to go through to protect their cars these days... can't even trust them in a secure lock up garage... damn... makes me sick to the stomach thinking about it.
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #45
Dezza
Parts bin special

Absolutely disgusting. The greed and selfishness of some people continue to amaze me. I was in shock last year when the photos of the coupe were posted up, cut up into bits and burnt. Obviously these thieves are not real car enthusiasts because no enthusiast in their right mind would strip and cut up a nicely done up classic car. Hopefully the owners of the 2 this year have a bit more luck and get them back with minimum damage.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #46
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Its this kinda thing that would make owning such a rare classic very worrisome at times! :
Old 24-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #47
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Sheesh what I would like to do to these low life I cannot say...
But I would make sure it was slow.. VERY slow !!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 02:48 AM   #48
Gum6y
Gum6y

Car theft carries a heavy sentence in the US, Australia should adjust their sentencing to makes this more of a deterrent. If the term was 25 years I bet our cars would be alot safer. There is no excuse for stealing of other ppl's property period.

Build thread Here

2012 BMW M3 4.0 V8 414 HP 8,400 rpm redline
Gum6y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #49
torbirdie

My full sympathy for the owners of these vehicles, hopefully for their sake they had them insured?

Many want 'natural justice' to be served on these thieves? suggest writing to your local member about that.

Personally: some perspective, Id like to see some serious reforms into the punishments dealt out to people that commit assaults or other acts where personal injury is sustained(ie culpable driving), I dont know the stats, but I think they are more a problem of our general society than stolen cars?

If the worst thing that happened to you in your lifetime was your car getting stolen, then I reckon you've had a good life.
However, an assault where you are scared or injured can change your life permanently for the worst.
torbirdie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #50
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope that the thieves get whats coming to them, and I hope its big and pointy and hurts alot

I feel very sad for the owners of these vehicles, and for the event organizers as it has happened twice, I cant see anybody entering this event for fear of theft of their cars.

What saddens me most is that cars such as these will exist, but be tucked away in some fortified shed with several large hungry dogs surrounding it, only to be enjoyed by the owner.

This reminds me of a story I heard about a phase 3 gtho with under 2,000 miles on it the story goes that its home has gone from a shed to a shed with no way in, to a buried shipping container, and now on to somewhere only the owner will know, if the story is true and this car does exist its a shame that the average car enthusiast is unable to bask in its awesomeness for fear of theft/damage/etc....

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #51
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^ The owner will probably die leaving it buried and lost to rust and rot too :(

I hope they track down the mongrels doing this - The cops might not be miracle workers but they still work hard.. They tracked down the atm bandits so hopefully they can get these scumbags..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #52
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Sheesh what I would like to do to these low life I cannot say...
But I would make sure it was slow.. VERY slow !!!
I'd like to cut them up, sell the good parts to people who need them, and leave the rest burnt in a paddock.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post