Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #31
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

My weekend started friday afternoon.. Went in to the workshop where my cousin works and we spent most of the night putting the heads, rocker gear, tunnel ram and v-drive etc back in his speed boat so we could take it out on saturday for his work xmas party down the river. At 1.30am we left the workshop after a visit from the police with noise complaints so with the motor up to the stage of adjusting the rockers we headed home for some sleep. Woke back up at 6am to be at the workshop by 6.15am to get stuck into the boat again. Worked on it non-stop til 12.30pm before finally taking it down the river for some fun. After having a fun runs and going for a swim my first beer was cracked just after 1pm. Drank beer all day talking crap with mates, mucking around with the boats and tubes. We left the river about 7pm and went back to my cousins bosses place and proceeded to drink some more. Then just as we were leaving there a bit after midnight my mate proposed to his girlfriend on the way to his car. All in all it was one of the best days I have had in a long time. I really enjoyed myself.

Sorry no pics of the actual day but this is the boat we were working on and playing with..

Sunday was more or less a day to sleep in and recover from saturday. Also just cleaned the boat and fired it up to sort out an issue we had on saturday. The bot runs dual tanks up the back and we had to get one working. No biggy

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #32
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
All in all it was one of the best days I have had in a long time.
It sure does sound like a well rounded and productive weekend! Nice looking boat too
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #33
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Pictures speak louder then words.

This is what I did on the weekend. And will be doing the same this weekend =)

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #34
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sat back with a chillybin full of ice cold tinnies & watched all the police academy movies
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #35
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCO XP
It sure does sound like a well rounded and productive weekend! Nice looking boat too
It was and forgot to mention with the good come the bad.

My mate (cousins other boss) was driving one of the boats and towing 2 tubes. He looked back for a few split seconds and when he looked forward again he was heading straight towards shore so he quickly hooked it but the tubes had no hope of turning in time. One mate seen land coming quick and bailed off and the other young fella (bosses son) went straight into the shore and got caught up in a tree. He had cut up legs, a gash to the head and was concussed and doesnt remember it happening. He was rushed straight to hospital and was kept in for x-rays and observation for 2 nights. He came out with no serious injuries thank god. His dad felt devostated for what happened.

Also if anyone is interested the speed boat is up for sale for $15,000. Its a trophy winning hand built flat bottom race boat from New Zealand and runs a tunnel rammed 350 chev. The boat is located at Wauchope near Port Macquarie. Just give me a yell if interested.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #36
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just finished moving house,unpacking,sorting etc. spent last w/end working on mates holden ute. full resto etc. (no pics coz its a ). anyhows. got my beer fridge sorted and my name on it,the couch,tv,surround sound etc. ready for this w/end. go whincup : . good way to sus the new neighbors out
Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #37
walshy05
Starter Motor

Im fairly sure the servo in the first picture in the first post is in Kerang my hometown!
walshy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #38
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
sat back with a chillybin full of ice cold tinnies & watched all the police academy movies
chullybun hey. funny guy
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #39
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now I'm not a morning person. I schedule my meetings for the evening as I cannot handle early starts. I'm most productive late at night, but this morning I was up very early (for me). You see, the stupid try-hard Magpie (mudlark) was bashing itself into the patio heater at 5:45am (it's shiny and it hates its own reflection so it slams into it), so I was up bright and early, just after sunrise. Beat the alarm by a full half hour. Why? Cos I had concrete ordered for 7am. So I was up, hacking down some branches so the truck could squeeze in the driveway, setting up barstools for the reo etc, the rest of the gang was there about 6:30, truck arrived on schedule, and was able to squeeze in (very tight: had to fold his mirrors in etc) and get right where he was needed so there was only a short run for my mates on wheelbarrows. I couldn't do much, as I had to get ready for work, but anyway, they got it all done and screeded by 9:30. Bloody excited, will have a man cave very soon, and can get started on the WB in the new year.
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #40
CFOUR
The Destroyer

I pulled a marathon thursday 7:30am- 11:00pm friday without sleep as I flew down for top gear live(which was nothing special). Instead of getting a hotel we (a mate & I) just stayed out and drank.

so I spent Saturday sleeping till 11:00am which was not enough.
Saturday was my mum's 53rd birhtday so I drove her & dad (they where drinking) out to dinner in dads FPV Gs. (FYI-While I think my xr8 would eat the gs, the gs is a nice place to be)

Once dinner was done I consumed a liberal amount of alcohol and spent the morning sleeping it off. The rest of today included a half job wash of the xr8, some AFF browsing and some Forza 3 action.
I still have to load up tools for tomorrow before the sun sets.