Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #31
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
After 30 odd Fords in a row with no dramas, I can almost say ..... without doubt ...... I am blind as a bat and as loyal as my dog.

Am I missing out on other good cars? Dont care as I enjoy what I have or had.

30 ,Hell If i ever buy another new ford im taking you with me . Maybe some of your luck will rub off
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 12:31 AM   #32
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I like Ford but I am not loyal or blinded.

Whatever car in the market I am looking suits my needs and brings a smile to my face is the one I choose. At the moment I have a focus, some small issues but nothing I can't deal with. Next car, again I will be looking at several makes including Ford (only if the Aussie made can compete with the imported Focus) as the Focus is a damn good car. There are too many other good cars out there to just stick with one make.

After my Falcon runs, I won't be going back to Ford for a big car.

Last edited by Wretched; 18-03-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #33
MustangNut

No real loyalty here - my last car was a VY SS (quite a good platform) but I thought it was time to try the ford v8 staple again

on the other hand I do still have my first ford - had it since 1993
my user name tells the story :
MustangNut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i am blinded by loyalty

I like fords

I never even consider having a holden when I upgrade. I've had holden's 4 resale but I like fords. Even crappy fords.

I like euro stuff too. I prefer merc's to BMW's and I like volvo's.

Some holden's drive well but I still buy the ford (even when I know it wasn't the best choice).
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #35
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I am certainly blinded by loyalty.... Even when my company gave me a choice as to which company car i could have, I chose a Ford over a 3 series BMW...
When i go car shopping i never dare test out a GM (just in case it tempts me!)...

Call it stupidity but i call it "Love of the blue Oval"
Old 18-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #36
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU

Call it stupidity but i call it "Love of the blue Oval"
Its not being stupid .... even though you passed up a 3 Series .... I would have too ..... Its just being happy with what you have, knowing in the past that a particular something has served you well and does everything that is required.

Why do so many people buy Toyota when there are obviously way better cars for the same or cheaper price? Its exactly the same as so many other products ..... stereos, mobiles etc. Because the last one suited them and served them well.

When someone is regarded as being car biased, its like its the worst thing in the world and you know nothing. I know enough to know that what I want and own suits me perfectly

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #37
shakes

I've got a 73 cuda, a 68 road runner, and a 70 superbee. All fat block cars. I've never had a hemi, so in saying that, I still love my clevos. if i new i wouldnt get killed, i'd stuff one in a dodge. shape wise, everythings got their cherries, but engine wise, I'm a loyal clevo fan
shakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #38
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes
I've got a 73 cuda, a 68 road runner, and a 70 superbee. All fat block cars. I've never had a hemi, so in saying that, I still love my clevos. if i new i wouldnt get killed, i'd stuff one in a dodge. shape wise, everythings got their cherries, but engine wise, I'm a loyal clevo fan

those muscle car you mentioned are getting obscene amounts of $$$$ in USA
FG XR6 (son)
jphanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden/HSV have built a business off the back of "brand loyalty"... how else could anyone explain the relative sales success of the VZ and VE ranges?

Old 19-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #40
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Holden/HSV have built a business off the back of "brand loyalty"... how else could anyone explain the relative sales success of the VZ and VE ranges?

well i have a mate who is a teldat executive, and he has had his choice of company cars for a while now. he is a holden man, but not a die hard type of guy buy definately leaning to holden.

his first company car was a falcon wagon (got 3 kids) and he had no problems with that but he thought that he would buy a commodore wagon next. he got a VZ wagon and it had a buzz in the dashboard at any speed. it drove him crazy, and in the 2 years he had it holden could never find it or fix it.

his next company car...Ford Territory. all this one did was the engine went into 'limp home' mode a few times, but its ok.
FG XR6 (son)
jphanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #41
mad cow
blue oval addict

snappy if my wife was sick i would trade her in, then park the xt in the bedroom. so you may say im a one eyed ford supporter. i recently upgraded to a territory but if ford didnt have the territory on the market i would have just kept the old wagon.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #42
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

My heart is Ford thanks to Mr Moffat,loved watching him so Blue Oval it was.....till they dropped the V8 !!!!!!! went to GM, had 5 of them so glad I got back 6yrs ago but now I'll buy whatever I feel suits my needs. Loyalty is not what it used to be imo.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post