Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #31
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek
Not jumping on you here, however, last I heard their best seller is a suicide machine with no looks, at 11K brand new, that people willingly flush their money down the toilet to. Just another parasite in the car market, in my eyes, feeding on people that compromise integral points in their own safety on the roads by jumping into these contraptions. Partly sad though, at least we can gather these people truly do not value their own lives by buying these 'cars'.

Can't say I'm sold on what I've seen and read about this new abysmal horror of a car, either. It looks like the Camry's cousin.
What are you on about?

If Hyundai made a car that had the speed of a Veryon, the space of a Maybach, the street creed of a GTHO and the safety of a Merc, and was priced.. well like a Hyundai with a 'H' on the grille you would just bag it caus, well it's only a POS Hyundai I guess.

1) Don't believe all you hear
2) NO Hyundai is 11 grand new in this country.
3) Parasites ONLY survive with a willing host. And there seems to be an endless supply of hosts wanting to keep a parasite like a Hyundai alive.
4) The new Hyundai's are equally as safe as the best in the business. Compare it on a dollar value per star rating and they will probably surpass anything else on the market, bar other 'POS' Korean brands.
5) These 'contraptions' have got Japan's automotive super powers worried.
6) 'Sad'??... well you have NFI in the least.

Give it a rest. The Korean 'POS' stigma horse has bolted years ago.

I'll prob get flamed, but meh.. When people talk BS I start to get annoyed.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFutura
There is some truth to what your saying, and thats the image hyundai will struggle to get ride of. But one hyundai is already starting to change it and thats the i30. You just have to look at the massive change hyundai has had in america with there genesis range, the genesis sedan even won one of americas top car awards. With this new sonata, plus the ix35 suv and the possiblity of genesis coupe coming here. I truly think hyundai has finally come of age.
The Genesis was 2009 North American Car of the year.

In doing so, it beat all these cars:

Quote:
2009 North American Car of the Year nominees

Audi A4
BMW 1 Series
Cadillac CTS-V
Dodge Challenger
Ford Flex
Honda Fit
Hyundai Genesis
Jaguar XF
Lincoln MKS
Mazda 6
Nissan GT-R
Pontiac G8
Toyota Venza
Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 04:46 AM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

style is an individual thing ....if thats nice ... then a series 1 forte looks as good as vette :
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #34
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
style is an individual thing ....if thats nice ... then a series 1 forte looks as good as vette :
If that is nice (relative)...
then a series 1 forte looks as good as vette (comparative)
doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
:

We are talking purely about style... So pretend it has a Ford badge, and Cortina if you have to.. Pretend it is a V6 with RWD... would the styling look better to you then?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 06:26 AM   #35
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I showed my wife this thread and she commented by saying "It looks a bit fancy, Kind of like getting your Angus from Maccas"