Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #31
billkara

Quote:
Your forgot one more.... Women
i agree with you here, more scared of women than the ATO :(
Old 15-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #32
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman
who don't have a clue what their talking about
modicum
competent
intercede
referring
definition
and it's they're!
....maybe you should have stayed at the ato where they can't spell or use correct grammar?
Old 15-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #33
Taxman
Taxman

I guess that makes you another XSPURT
Old 15-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #34
Taxman
Taxman

Unlike you I never claimed to be an English language genius, but rather a person with a better understanding of Tax Law than most. Usually when I type a document I run Spell Check and also the Grammer check before I sign off on a document. But I have not been able to locate either facility on this forum, so as a result I guess we just have to put up with the fact that we are not perfect, as we are human after all, and accept the same from others and refrain from making such purile comments.

Now if you have a law degree or are a registered tax agent then I would be most interested in reading constructive comments regarding the problem that started this thread - but then if you don't - apart from the fact that you can why waste yours and everybody else time being vindictive instead of supportive.

I must be mistaken because I always thought the idea of these forums was to support people with similar interests and if one had skills or knowledge in a particular area that could provide accurate advice to fellow members to assist them in solving an issue, then provide the information or guideance or alternatively if they had been provided with incorrect information guide them back to the correct path and suggest the correct course of action. By your comments I would suggest that such concepts are beyond your comprehension or alternatively, has the ATO kicked your Butt in the past from some transgression on your part and it is a spiteful attempt to try to get even?
Old 15-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #35
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Usually when I type a document I run Spell Check and also the Grammer check before I sign off on a document. But I have not been able to locate either facility on this forum,

I use Google spellcheck, it works with every forum.

If anyone is interested they can download it here
Old 15-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #36
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ohhh

I love it, $10bucks on the nose that blur1 has had a reaming from the Tax office... rofl, thankyou for being a voice of reason Falcon Coupe.. I live by Google spell check myself
Old 15-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #37
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has been sorted out. Brother in law hasn't made contact with ATO yet but sister is in the clear.
Old 16-12-2007, 12:30 AM   #38
mickbundy

I don't think tax evasion is that serious
That is unless you don't mind going inside and having a piece of your anatomy reamed out to the size of a dinner plate
Old 16-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #39
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
Usually when I type a document I run Spell Check and also the Grammer rs and refrain from making such purile comments.

Now if you have a law degree or are a registered tax agent then I would be most interested in reading constructive comments regarding the problem that started this thread - but then if you don't - apart from the fact that you can why waste yours and everybody else time being vindictive instead of supportive.

I must be mistaken because I always thought the idea of these forums was to support people with similar interests and if one had skills or knowledge in a particular area that could provide accurate advice to fellow members to assist them in solving an issue, then provide the information or guideance or alternatively if they had been provided with incorrect information guide them back to the correct path and suggest the correct course of action. By your comments I would suggest that such concepts are beyond your comprehension or alternatively, has the ATO kicked your Butt in the past from some transgression on your part and it is a spiteful attempt to try to get even?
oh, and btw, it's GRAMMAR! PUERILE and GUIDANCE
:maybe you should just stick to 4 letter words?
Old 16-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #40
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur1
oh, and btw, it's GRAMMAR! PUERILE and GUIDANCE
:maybe you should just stick to 4 letter words?
Taxman is trying to help here, it's worth more than contributions to threads like "The song title game".
Old 16-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #41
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Dont worry he wont be around for 24 hours, you would think that a man with such intelligence would read the sites TOC, I gather not.
Old 17-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #42
Casablanca
carburettor

good to hear you got it sorted mate hope the brother in law gets screwed over cause he seems like a complete bastard.

if i could id come round and help you kick his ***
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 17-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #43
theunfairadvant

If your company is not making money at all over the years of running it,
the ATO will not do anything and will just forget about the case.
Old 19-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #44
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Just to put credit to what Taxman is saying, i know of a Taxi Driver that never paid taxes for quite a few years and got caught out. He owed close to $20,000 in back taxes, they came to an arrangment with him where he paid $42.00 a week for 2 years and wiped the rest.
As long as he did not miss a payment he was fine.
Old 22-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #45
AusM
AusMotorsport

It's good to have informed comment from a tax expert here. Lay off the orthographic semantics...

And if you have to look up those two words, you definitely shouldn't have been bagging him!
Old 22-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #46
cool65
carefactor zero

I used to love saying that little johnny (g'ment) always gets his 100 cents in the dollar (owing to him), but I'm choking to say it now goes to little kevvie
Old 22-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #47
boss-290

Default How serious is tax evasian?

Its as 'bout as serious as your spelling....
Old 23-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #48
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Its as 'bout as serious as your spelling....
carefull....the spelling police don't like to be reminded of the truth. :
Closed Thread