Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #31
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
well i just dont think that often a fast car , such as an F6, GT/ CLUBSPORT, WRX , XR8, IS GOING TO HAVE AN ACCIDENT due to something malfunctioning , or driver error . i kind've think that there wouldnt be a 70 year old grand mother behind the wheel either .
dont get me wrong , any car can be put out of control . however , some easier than others . unfortunately a rear wheel drive huge potential turbo. is the number one likely suspect vehicle that i would expect to see all smashed up on a drizzly raod . anyway some vehicles you can take a chance with , some you cannot . in the case of a stupid moment behind the wheel the f6 / xr6t would have to be a front runner for unf orgiving it's driver . DONT YOU THINK . ???
you'll most probably say no . because you are a carefull experianced driver .
not everyone has that luxury.
reading your posts gives me a headache
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #32
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
reading your posts gives me a headache
Seconded.

No offence to the thread starter but whats with the full stops all over the place all the time? I find it very difficult to read any of gtfpv's posts and understand the points he is trying to get across.

Getting slightly back on topic, i think the XR6T is in danger of becoming the new VL Turbo (therefore taking on board all of its stereotypes etc).

Definitely an awful lot of easy and affordable power.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #33
Tobey
BF Ute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
well i just dont think that often a fast car , such as an F6, GT/ CLUBSPORT, WRX , XR8, IS GOING TO HAVE AN ACCIDENT due to something malfunctioning , or driver error . i kind've think that there wouldnt be a 70 year old grand mother behind the wheel either .
dont get me wrong , any car can be put out of control . however , some easier than others . unfortunately a rear wheel drive huge potential turbo. is the number one likely suspect vehicle that i would expect to see all smashed up on a drizzly raod . anyway some vehicles you can take a chance with , some you cannot . in the case of a stupid moment behind the wheel the f6 / xr6t would have to be a front runner for unf orgiving it's driver . DONT YOU THINK . ???
you'll most probably say no . because you are a carefull experianced driver .
not everyone has that luxury.
Mate, learn to type...Or don't. :
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
?!?!

Nope. Read it a few times and I'm still confused.

I'll also average about 800km/week (little less this time of year, little more come Feb) as well on Sydney's roads. The way you describe your experience driving your car is almost completely opposite to my experience driving mine.

I couldn't imagine how a reasonable driver would have that much trouble with an F6 in Sydney traffic as opposed to any other car, let alone having to deal with sheer 'havic'. I've seen plenty of F6's on the road and those owners didn't appear to have any problems keeping their car under control.

you guys should drive on what i drive (princess hwy st george to marrickville) and then to padstow twice a week on the m5 car park.

around arncliffe you get the middle eastern (there is no one single bad country here) that go faster then a p plater to get in front of you, and im doing 60/65kmh in my xr8.

then you get to kogarah and hurstville, where the indians and asians are doing 40kmh under the posted speed limit and wonder why a B Double truck is going past them at the speed limit.

in the wet it's much worse. makes me glad i have upgraded the brakes in the xr8 and have very good rubber on it
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post