Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #31
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Typical AFL attitude. League is our game, if you don't like it, sod off. Yea, the AFL get better attendences, but check out the TV Ratings, you'll find it most amusing. League kills AFL up here. And most of the people who go to the games are ex-pats like you, mostly Victorians. So eliminating all the outsiders, League is still the game.
To put that in reverse perspective. I was born and raised in Brisbane. 10 years ago I moved to Victoria. I used to be a Big Broncos fan. Now I have grown to like AFL, NRL doesnt interest me because of the lack of excitment in the game.

In relation to my previous post, kicking from the ground is not natural, but the ball is fixed, you are fixed, there is no oppostion player chasing you and breathing down your neck. On ther other hand, I could be running on the boundry line, 65m from goal (read big angle), 2 opposing players chasing me. It takes quite some skill to kick that goal.

Im not saying NRL is skill less, but its not as exciting, at least not to me, to watch. I do however find Union to be interesting.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #32
EF, What else?
A Bloke

See, im not doubting that AFL is a very exciting game. It is. The problem is for me that the excitment is caused by the lack of continuous ball movement. American Football is almost brain numbing, but I love it because of the tactics and strategy involved.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #33
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Typical AFL attitude. League is our game, if you don't like it, sod off. .
yea and thats where it will stay....thank god, because it will never go big in any other area...AFL owns all ball game muhahahaha :

plus AFL is full of tactics, stategys are part of the game. at least AFL players need skills and athletism, not just steroids and muscles and alcohol fuelled animals...

and whats this jack about the lack of continuous ball movement??? it stops for seconds then the balls hit/handballed/kicked out. maybe you need to bow down to the great code and watch a game to see what happens. i have watched plenty of rugby and can see how its played, but aint as exciting as AFL!!
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #34
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
yea and thats where it will stay....thank god, because it will never go big in any other area...AFL owns all ball game muhahahaha :
Thats a poor attitude. Soccer is becoming a very big sport here now. You only need to look at the crowd sizes that camped out to see the world cup whilst it was on.
Quote:
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 01-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #35
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Yea, the AFL get better attendences, but check out the TV Ratings,
I think that's because Aussie Rules is a LOT better at the ground than on tv. There's so much happening off the ball that tv just can't cover it.

In League, everything happens around the ball (except the punch-ups, lol) so it is much more tv viewer friendly.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 PM   #36
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:

plus AFL is full of tactics, stategys are part of the game. at least AFL players need skills and athletism, not just steroids and muscles and alcohol fuelled animals...

and whats this jack about the lack of continuous ball movement??? it stops for seconds then the balls hit/handballed/kicked out. maybe you need to bow down to the great code and watch a game to see what happens. i have watched plenty of rugby and can see how its played, but aint as exciting as AFL!!
See, their are two kinds of people you can argue with. Normal people, and those who are too thick to bother with. You, fall into the latter category. My previous post just mentioned that AFL was exciting, but you just keep recycling the same lines.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #37
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
See, their are two kinds of people you can argue with. Normal people, and those who are two thick to bother with. You, fall into the latter category. My previous post just mentioned that AFL was exciting, but you just keep recycling the same lines.
mate, come off it, AFL is more dominant and more skillful. i'm sorry if i have struck a nerve here....i said in a previous post it depends on what people have grown up with. plus there are no set guidlines on how to argue...i mean seriously man, look i'm not one eyed at all, i've played and still play all sports, and i chose the skilful owns, ones that have something that needs to be mastered. footy=kicking perfect torps, hitting someone on the chest while on the sprint...cricket=mastering swing and cutting whilst bowling frisbee=forehands, backhands,thumbers, wheel of death, darts=hitting triples, doubles, shanghais. rugby, tho i admit the throwing the ball backwards is a skill...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #38
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Im not going to bite anymore. As I'm right :P
Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #39
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Im not going to bite anymore. As I'm right :P
yea typical i was expecting you to say something like that....stick to your gay and i'll stick to the real game. at least in afl if someone gets banned its because of punching or fighting, not anal fingering.....if you know your history you'll know it, everyone knows what you guys do :
Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #40
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
yea typical i was expecting you to say something like that....stick to your gay and i'll stick to the real game. at least in afl if someone gets banned its because of punching or fighting, not anal fingering.....if you know your history you'll know it, everyone knows what you guys do :
I said I wasn't going to but I guess I'll just have to. Can't actually remember the last fight I saw in an AFL game. I mean, a proper fight, not jersey slinging pussy punches. I admit, that the fighting aspect of the game in League is in decline, but still, it's head and shoulders above AFL. And why is it that whenever they hold the AFL v NRL boxing competitions, generally the League boys come out on top? Who am I arguing with any way, sounds like a 16 year old cleaner.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #41
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
I said I wasn't going to but I guess I'll just have to. Can't actually remember the last fight I saw in an AFL game. I mean, a proper fight, not jersey slinging pussy punches. I admit, that the fighting aspect of the game in League is in decline, but still, it's head and shoulders above AFL. And why is it that whenever they hold the AFL v NRL boxing competitions, generally the League boys come out on top? Who am I arguing with any way, sounds like a 16 year old cleaner.
fighting isn't part of our game dude, there are only a few of thugs. ifootball is not boxing or anything, plus there are cameras on all the players so if someone gets hit they get suspended. rugby players are all thugs face it. you dont win games punching each other like two drones. you guys win the fights because street fighting is part of your game, and it helps when your on steroids and there is no brain inside your skull. the afl guys lose because of having a brain. and if im a 16 year old cleaner, then you sound like a overweight slob, stuck in your chair at the computer. probably 46, wishing you played AFL but never had the skill so argue the point how you are so tough over the net hehehe come on dude get over it...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #42
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Alot of the fighting has been removed by the bloody comissioners. One of the biggest draw cards the AFL used to have was the biffs and brawls. now we are lucky if we see one report a week.
Quote:
Old 01-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #43
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Alot of the fighting has been removed by the bloody comissioners. One of the biggest draw cards the AFL used to have was the biffs and brawls. now we are lucky if we see one report a week.
Which is why I previously said I really enjoyed the old games on ABC2, really enjoyable to watch.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #44
kinksta
Luxojet

if ya had fights allowed though, you'd have people out all the time with brocken jaws and noses. then ya get the cheap shot king hits that are rediculous. play the game, not each other...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #45
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
if ya had fights allowed though, you'd have people out all the time with brocken jaws and noses. then ya get the cheap shot king hits that are rediculous. play the game, not each other...
Obviously coming from someone who is 5 foot 1, 50 kilos and built like a weed.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:06 AM   #46
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Obviously coming from someone who is 5 foot 1, 50 kilos and built like a weed.
try 6'2 85kg. but hey you keep to your thuggish ways. you wont win footy like that dude. but you obviously cant play and just love fighting....over who uses the most steroids
Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #47
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
try 6'2 85kg. but hey you keep to your thuggish ways. you wont win footy like that dude. but you obviously cant play and just love fighting....over who uses the most steroids
It's a trait of most men, they love a good biff. Oh, in regards to the steriods, the NRL didn't have a problem with accepting the World Doping Agency's drug testing policy, where as AFL made every excuse possible. Maybe to give its players time to get the stuff out of their system?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #48
kinksta
Luxojet

i just realised you are younger than me hahaha....now it all makes sense lol, you clown. so i now know that you are 19 and have no skill and cant play sport hahahahahahaha
Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #49
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
i just realised you are younger than me hahaha....now it all makes sense lol, you clown. so i now know that you are 19 and have no skill and cant play sport hahahahahahaha
I know, strange isn't it. Im younger, better educated, I can spell and better on the sporting field. Time for you to take up drinking buddy, to drink your sorrows away.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #50
kinksta
Luxojet

hahaha stand an AFL player next to a rugby player, whose on steroids and who has a brain hahaha classic
Old 02-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #51
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
hahaha stand an AFL player next to a rugby player, whose on steroids and who has a brain hahaha classic
Where did the steroids come from? Coz I take great offence if you are implying I'm a drug user
Old 02-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #52
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
I know, strange isn't it. Im younger, better educated, I can spell and better on the sporting field. Time for you to take up drinking buddy, to drink your sorrows away.
hahaha, i was the best triple and long jumper in south australia, just played in a grand final and got a BOG, gun cricketer, a 11 second sprinter, many other acheivments, face it i own you. and dude who said you had to spell perfect on a forum?? you sound like the goody goody up the front of class, but you want to hit everyone out on the feild. lol you and a champ phhh hahaha
Old 02-10-2006, 12:18 AM   #53
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
hahaha, i was the best triple and long jumper in south australia, just played in a grand final and got a BOG, gun cricketer, a 11 second sprinter, many other acheivments, face it i own you. and dude who said you had to spell perfect on a forum?? you sound like the goody goody up the front of class, but you want to hit everyone out on the feild. lol you and a champ phhh hahaha
Everyone is. Im sure you represented Australia in Baseball as well.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:20 AM   #54
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Everyone is. Im sure you represented Australia in Baseball as well.
no not a fan of it. at least i speak the truth buddy. you sound like you started drinknig along time ago...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #55
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

you 2 are ruining the threads original purpose -
HOW GOOD ARE WEST COAST?!!!!
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 12:22 AM   #56
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
no not a fan of it. at least i speak the truth buddy. you sound like you started drinknig along time ago...
Why? Because I can put forward logical arguements that your brain can't handle? Instead, of AFL is numba 1, we rock, all skill.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #57
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
you 2 are ruining the threads original purpose -
HOW GOOD ARE WEST COAST?!!!!
not i kind sir, i am standing up for AFL. i do not barrack for the coasters, but they can bloody play. they can be my second favourite team now. just an awesome team..
Old 02-10-2006, 12:24 AM   #58
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Why? Because I can put forward logical arguements that your brain can't handle? Instead, of AFL is numba 1, we rock, all skill.
how the hell is lets bash each other heads in logical??? logical this :thebirds:

this thread is on the AFL, please leave, you are staining it with your filth :
Old 02-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #59
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Strongly disagree, the thread started off as bashing NRL, so I thought I'd stand up for NRL, as you also mentioned in your previous post.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #60
kinksta
Luxojet

well in another thread on AFL, you said whats AFL? you deliberatly wanted to start something. just as i would imagine on the field. the title of this thread is Eagles Win Grand Final just incase you didnt see it. by the way do you even have a car? cos i cant see anything about it...