Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #31
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Id say 5% at best, but who knows...?
That equates to what, 150 wheels, if it costs $100,000 to R+D a new wheel (electronics, airbag, crash testing etc) that's $666 at cost on the price just to cover R+D only... The wheel would probably retail for over $2K... i cant see too many takers just for a prettier steering wheel.
The sports wheel for the B-Series (FPV jobbie) was sold via Ford spare parts for $1100. So if they deducted their price for the standard wheel it would replace, I could see a optional sports wheel easily available for under $1,000 and I believe it would do better than 5% of total sales.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #32
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Lots of nice stuff there. I suspect it would not work here as the there seems to be a "green grass" syndrome with Australian Ford buyers.

Most FPVs have povvo brakes and basic everything else with the "it is too expensive" mantra rumbling in the background.

The F6 R-Spec (the quickest best handling B series) was a flop and GTs outsell GT-Ps by lots despite being a superior vehicle (/me waits for the badge nazis).

If FPV were to offer for example a F6-P with a 350kw engine, all brembos and better suspension and bigger wheels/tyres WITH warranty for say and extra $25k, AFF would be full of threads of what a rip off it was as you can get a flash for $2.50 and "one tun chuck" brakes for $3.50 and woolies own brand wheels & tyres for $1.65 and do a 7 second 400m while getting 2.5l/100km doing a 20 second lap of bathurst.

And of course the BOSS/3V/T3/supercharged EA would be better, cheaper, shinier and hektiker.

It is amusing that whenever a new model is released there is a complaint that it is just a "stripe package". I wonder if that is because stripes are the SINGLY MOST ordered option by far.

hahahahahaha, so true, hahahahahahahha.....
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post