Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #31
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

MO in the field it is totally diferen't, stuff up a section attack do 5 more in a row, even if they are all perfect you still do the five, out field is hard work (be insubordinate and pay the price). As we get told "TRAIN HARD, FIGHT EASY". The only time you get sent onto the parade ground is if you get charged, even then there is restrictions on what drill movements you can do. Eg: a drill movement can only be done five times in a row (like an about turn) once that five is up they have to change the drill movement. They get around this by doing the desired movement for five times and then doing one other quickly and then going back to the other one. Also two drill sessions at 20-30minutes max per day.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #32
weenie

While not being in the army myself, i have had the opportunity to know a few who have. on top of this i have also my apprentice join the reserves. this was done because as a second year apprentice he was next to useless. couldnt think on his feet would do the bare minimum required. After telling him how i had always had an interest in the army ,yet never acted on it, he said he wouldnt mind. so before he knew it i had all the paper work for him & off he went. whether it seems to be soft to some of the oldies or not, what that 7 odd weeks & other subsequent training did to this cocky, smartarse, sometimes dumd 19 year old is nothing short of exceptional. the only rifle he had ever touched was one of mine in the workshop. I didnt instruct him on any of it as i didnt want to give him any bad habits before training. on his returning from kapooka i was amazed at what was now my apprectice. he was a doer, never had to be told to do something, could think on his feet. the army completly turned him around & made him a pleasure to work with. also his profiency with a rifle is top notch. now being a qualified rifle man along with other courses under his belt. he expects there to be idiots to deal with & problems to solve. but if they have all the best gear, then they dont learn how to adapt when without. he just returned from excercise in qld with the yanks. he is a rifle man, but got stuck driving supplies back & forward. he didnt whinge he just got on & learned how the system works, & what the front line guys needed. he also learnt that some of the guys behind the lines were lazy & didnt give a toss. but he made sure his mates out front got everything they needed. there is always the whingers, but there is also the guys who just get the bloody job done despite the crap. I have mates who all they do is constantly whinge about the army. maybe its a coping mechanism for all the crap that goes on. but they are still there years later & they are doers. from my experience the army is still doing something right.we will see how soft it is when all the knockers need it.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #33
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wpn xr6t and Fordomatic...thanks for the insight guys what can I say ..so long as our troops come out as top notch as in the past then we should be right.

Good luck and safe journey with your careers and thanks for being there.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post