Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #31
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The wife and I shopped for the father in law today. She bought him a few pieces of Port Power crap. I went and bought him a round of golf at one of our local golf courses.

To all the Dad's out there, have a great day tomorrow. For all those kids out there, enjoy the time with your parents.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We went out today and picked up my present. Even thou my 6 year old has seen it because he chose it, I was testing out a few samples. On the way home he said I was not allowed to peek, he won't tell me what it is because it's a surprise. And I was there. : Kids.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #33
Duke
The Duke

Have a great day y'all...
Old 03-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #34
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had the best fathers day

my boy thomas was taken of the ventilator and i got a pentax K100d digi slr for fathers day

the best thing for me is that my little man (13 days old ) is on the mend

jason
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #35
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
i had the best fathers day

my boy thomas was taken of the ventilator and i got a pentax K100d digi slr for fathers day

the best thing for me is that my little man (13 days old ) is on the mend

jason
Amen to that .. :
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #36
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTrader
I heard about this on TV, (so it has to be true of course), you can buy Australian newspapers from almost any day in the past 80 years or so.

I bought my Dad a Sydney newspaper that was published the day he was born in 1937. It comes in a presentation folder and is the ACTUAL newspaper, not a reprint.

I thought that was pretty cool. I can never find the ol' boy anything good and it beats the hell outta socks and jocks. Only cost about $100 or something.
Thats an awesome present, very original! Have to keep that in mind for next year!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #37
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

so was the newspaper good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm keen to know details on this paper as well. Sounds like a great present
Old 03-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #39
Duke
The Duke

The newspaper was a great hit. Dad loved it and in fact all of us, from 19 yr olds to 80 yr olds, all sat around reading it for more than an hour.

The kids loved the ads for hand maidens and 14 year old strong boys for factory work, and then the old boys found the old car ads and house prices the most interesting.

I liked the stories of old murders and stuff. It's intersting that we often think the world has gone crazy, yet these articles clearly show that things were just as violent and senseless, at times, as they are now.

I recommend that that getting this as a gift for someone is a great and unique gift. I wondered though if perhaps my dad might have enjoyed a paper from when he was 18 or 21 years so that he was familiar with the news of the day, but he loved this from his birth date.

Go for it guys, you won't be sorry IMO.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #40
trent
Starter Motor

Buying gifts is always a battle for me, as soon as i start to think about what i should get, i get totally lost.

I brought my old man a joy flight in a Tiger Moth for Father's Day

Hope everyone had a good one....
trent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #41
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The newspaper was a great hit. Dad loved it and in fact all of us, from 19 yr olds to 80 yr olds, all sat around reading it for more than an hour.

The kids loved the ads for hand maidens and 14 year old strong boys for factory work, and then the old boys found the old car ads and house prices the most interesting.

I liked the stories of old murders and stuff. It's intersting that we often think the world has gone crazy, yet these articles clearly show that things were just as violent and senseless, at times, as they are now.

I recommend that that getting this as a gift for someone is a great and unique gift. I wondered though if perhaps my dad might have enjoyed a paper from when he was 18 or 21 years so that he was familiar with the news of the day, but he loved this from his birth date.

Go for it guys, you won't be sorry IMO.

Do you have a website link? This sounds great.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #42
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got him a shaver this year ... Used to buy car stuff, but hasn't got a car wortyhy of 'stuff' at the moment.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #43
Duke
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Do you have a website link? This sounds great.
Sorry Buck, missed your post earlier - the link is www.paperworld.com.au
Good stuff.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #44
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry Buck, missed your post earlier - the link is www.paperworld.com.au
Good stuff.
Excellent. Thanks so much.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #45
XRchic
Hello

Poor Dad had someone drive into his car on Father's Day. The lady reversed into Dad's front bumper with her tow bar and put a big hole in it... and Dad only got his new BF back from the crash repairers having the rear bumper fixed - that was from when some girl backed into his car and ruined his rear bumper - and then took off!

Now he has his car booked in again to have the front fixed... its only a couple of months old but it had a tree fall on it (when the tree fell on their house), then was reversed into at the rear and now the front!

He did like his portable office though! We never ended up going out for dinner either, as Eamon spent the day spewing all over the place (still isnt well). So poor Eamon didnt have a very good Father's Day either...

But as some have said, be thankful for what you have and both of the Dads in my family are still here and well. We will just have dinner this weekend!

I hope all the Dads on here had a great day. My Dad is the best Dad ever, and Eamon is also an awesome Dad to little Toby, and also to my two older kids. I know there are some awesome Dads on here too.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #46
Duke
The Duke

OMG ! Is someone painting bullseyes on your dad's car?

(reminds me of that Far Side Calender picture with the two bears standing next to each other near a hunting season sign stuck on a tree. One bear has a bullseye on his chest and the other bear is saying "bummer of a birthmark Hal" )

He certainly seems to be a target doesn't he. On the plus side, no injuries and if you're a believer in the theory of 3's, his turn at good karma is now due. It'll happen.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #47
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Seems your dads car has bad luck similar to the barge :( hope it all comes good again Jac

I got dad a Carton of Crownies, and we had the neighbours over for a bonfire and ordered eagle boys and sat around all ngiht gettin blotto, was awesome

(oh yeah, me and the sis went halves in a digital photo frame, as he is moving to thursday island for 12 months to work, but i reckon the beer was better :P) )
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post