Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #31
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

I used to drive for drivings' sake but now the novelty has mostly worn off. I do encourage Mark to take the car out for a spin and go along as a passenger every couple of weeks.. as he commutes via public transport to work, the novelty of driving his car still exists.

Makes me feel old. Maybe I am?!
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #32
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

im constantly driving just for fun. if i wake up and got nothing to do, then ill go for a drive, if theres nothing on tv at night, ill go for a drive, its very healing, listening to music, driving, smoking, lol, love it. infact im going for a drive right now.
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #33
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I drive a truck around Melbourne for 10-12 hours a day, and cant really be fcked driving when i finish work, but i dont mind going for a cruise on a Saturday night or Sunday if i have a car show or something to go to
Old 20-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #34
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My girlfriend lives 15 minutes but when I come home at night it can take an hour to get home. I always intend to go straight home but it is too much fun playing.
Old 20-01-2005, 07:31 PM   #35
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont mind the ol drive to the middle of nowhere and back every once in a while. Especially after an exam or something, it's nice to just let your mind wonder after spending the last few days studying etc (i.e. cramming like crazy).

However I absolutely loath having to drive to and from work during peak hour. The number of c*nts on the road who have no clue what so ever about driver etiquette is unbelievable. Some days I just feel like ramming them off the road (if you cant drive at 100km/h on a freeway, then either stay in the bloody left lane or catch a taxi to work!).
Old 20-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #36
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Right now not really, but I'm sure when the 5 speed is in I'll be up and down Mt Dandenong a hell of a lot.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #37
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

i go for randoms drives alot. it's not very good as with paying the ute off and all my other expenses, i can't really afford to be doing 100km drives all the time! But it is so good to just cruise and spend time with the car !
I don't know how i survived for 16 years of my life without a license and being able to just take off when i needed to!

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #38
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

I get my P's in 2 days so there'll be alot of driving for the fun of it. I want to learn how to shift clutchlessly
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #39
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Luckily I live in a house of people who don't really like driving (one is a professional driver though), so whenever a chance to do a decent drive comes up, or I have time to kill on a day off, we go for a drive, and I grab the keys.
I expect this to increase for awhile due to the arrival of the XR6.
Suddenly said people want to go for a drive.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 09:04 PM   #40
YOOT
Banned

Tell me about it!

I have done 12,000kms in 6 months in my ute and I only get it out on weekends. I have a company car and yet some how I drive further than the average kms per year still!! Must be a good thing them turbos. :
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #41
Blessed XR8
"Get Me Outta Here!"

Don't know about the 3-400, but I will jump in and sometimes hit 200 if I really feel the need. Nothing like having the Old Pacific HWY Between Newcastle and Sydney all to yourself after dark...

Other then that I'll jump in and head into to Newcastle for a lap around the Foreshore. Doesn't knock up anymore then about 40-50. The Foreshore also has the added benefit of large doses of comedy. There are some tools out there... If I want to get a little bit loose there are some nice stretches of road with nice sweeping and some very tight corners all matched to some freshly sealed roads a mere 5k's away. Will need to get a CAMS license soonish to help relieve the frustration of the traffic I face on the way to my new job each day.

Last edited by Blessed XR8; 20-01-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Blessed XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:02 PM   #42
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Smile

Nothing like going for a long drive to check out the Serenity (tm), clears the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:10 PM   #43
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

I dont know about going for a drive during week nights,but weekends is a different matter.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 12:38 AM   #44
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Another thing I've taken up recently, since getting the bike, is going for an evening summer ride.

Wash and wax the girl, then take her out for a LONG ride.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 12:48 AM   #45
250 PURSUIT
CRAZY TYPHOON DRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
Another thing I've taken up recently, since getting the bike, is going for an evening summer ride.

me too i love going for rides on my custom harley.
250 PURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 12:50 AM   #46
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 PURSUIT
me too i love going for rides on my custom harley.
I can't afford a custom bike yet unfortunately, but that'll be the next thing after I finish playing with the Fairlane. I have some awesome plans for a custom bike.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 01:10 AM   #47
RATT

Driving for drivings sake is very soothing sometimes. A good blast is good for the health.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 01:16 AM   #48
Danny
GT4.

I can't say I've ever been on a 400 k "cruise" as such as I do so much driving from warrandyte to Geelong most days anyways for uni!!

However I have driven from Warrandyte to Kinglake once, prolly an almost 100k round trip, simply because me and a special lady wanted to cruise. Jeez those roads were windy as!! couple caught me off guard there! but a nice drive all the same!

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #49
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Good to hear many of you do the same. The roads I cannot keep away from are:

1. Putty Rd from Windsor to Singleton
2. Old Pacific Hwy from Berowra to Gosford
3. Bells Line of Rd from Richmond to Lithgow - then onto Bathurst for a few laps.
4. Peats Ridge to Wollombi

All great fun.
Old 21-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #50
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly

Now that my bike is on the road I think there is nothing better than tackling peak hour traffic on the way to work. Looking at all those suckers in there cars going nowhere while I go in gaps less than 2 metres long and lane split to the front of the lights everytime. Its awesome, I get to work on Bourke St from bayswater in 25 minutes usually, half the time of getting a train and on busier days it may take 30 minutes lol.
Old 21-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #51
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Child
I can't say I've ever been on a 400 k "cruise" as such as I do so much driving from warrandyte to Geelong most days anyways for uni!!

However I have driven from Warrandyte to Kinglake once, prolly an almost 100k round trip, simply because me and a special lady wanted to cruise. Jeez those roads were windy as!! couple caught me off guard there! but a nice drive all the same!

-Dan
Would have been easier to drive if she wasnt laying on your lap , right? :nutsycuck
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #52
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I drive just for the sake of it all the time. Often drive out through Lilydale to Yarra Glen and back home. From where I live it doesn't take that long, but it's still great fun.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 01:14 PM   #53
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we had to drive 400kms yesterday just to sign a document. does this count?

seriously, i love driving the old GT just for the pleasure of it and getting acknowledgements from other drivers as they go past. a good drive for the hell of it could end up being a 2 day trip.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #54
Zoltan von Bujdoss

I have taken the long way to and from work for years. It is 5kms longer each way, but takes in the esplanade from Seacliff to West Beach. Reason is to enjoy that little bit extra driving in my day, plus nice scenery.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 03:50 PM   #55
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

When i first started my fi/fo job on a 2 & 1 swing, i clocked up 1000k's just going around & around, looking at different Perth suburbs & trying to get lost & find my way home again.
Lately Id be doing around 300'k aweek.
I have a nice car & like to show it off, Chicks also dig my car & i Dig chicks... Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #56
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

I used to go for big ol drives everynow and then, use a bit of petrol and listen to the motor as i cruise around for an hour or whatever. In the old car that is...

My new one is standard, and i can hardly hear the engine anymore, but once the zorst, manual conversion, and engine change is done im sure that will change

Now most of my theraputic aimless driving around is done at work! But there isnt much else to do but think when your max operating speed is 10 kph. And today i broke both rear springs on my truck, so i grabbed another, worked for 3 hours and spent the rest of the day driving around out the back of no where.

Your definately not alone...
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post