Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #31
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_rossy
Hey Guys,
Yes as the heading states My school has banned my mate from driving to school. The story goes as I and another mate were at my place and couldnt get to Yr11 Exams as My Mums cars battery was flat and couldnt get RACV for about 30 mins, So we called up a taxi and they said they will be 20 or 30 mins because they have gone outta town, so we called this mate who was driving to the same exam and so he came and got us, Our school (a private school), and suposvly every other school in the state has to abide by the rules that there has to have a note from a parent of the students who are getting a lift to give the the year level coordinator the day before the date of the lift for duty of care reasons.
Which we were slightly aware of but we were in casuals and it was an exam so we really didnt think they would of mind and they wouldnt of wanted us to miss our exam (and didnt perticularly care to be honest). So we rocked up at school and out popped the coordinator next to the car saying that you need a note the day before the lift and phone calls arent accepted. So we explained our story and he said that he cant drive to and from school any more what-so-ever. Mind you this mate lives 50k's out of town and wasnt to happy, but is leaving school all together next week so doesnt really mind to much. Does anyone else know about this rule or similar stories?
Thanks!
wat..
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 23-11-2007, 09:43 AM   #32
prydey
Rob

if the exams you were doing are anything to do with english or grammar etc, you may as well give up now.
Old 23-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #33
ford_gal_86

Unfortunately at this time of year schools are cutting down on all sorts of stuff. They even tried to cancel our last day of school to avoid muck up day! Previous years the students stuffed up and have wrecked it for future generations. But yeah stopping you from gettting a lift to school is wrong! Just tell your mate to park up the road
Old 23-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #34
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to both private and public school. No driving other students rule applied to both schools, and that was in 99'. We used to just get a mate pick us up from the 7 11 up the street.
Old 23-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #35
irlewy86
Meep Meep

I got banned from driving to school. I decided it was easier to drive to the tuckshop then walk. That went on for a week before someone cracked the SSSSS.
Old 23-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #36
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
Actually, a schools duty of care doesn't extend past the front fence, ask a lawyer. Been there done that. Private schools are especially bad at making these stupid rules up, it's a 'facade', for the parent's benefit.
That would have been good to know when I was at school. I used to always get in trouble for smoking after school. Apparently the rule was if your in school uniform you still had to abide by the rules ie; no smoking, and had to have full school uniform. We use to have teachers waiting near the stations to give detentions to those caught smoking and were not in full uniform.
Old 23-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #37
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a mate back in school who used to ride his mortorbike in to school everyday. He wore his leathers over his uniform so he wouldn't be identified, parked in the next street, put his helmet and leathers in his bag and walked into school. They couldn't do jack about it.
Old 23-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #38
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Sounds like the school staff member is on a power trip.

However, what stands out most is the solitary hope that you don't expect to pass English/Grammar.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 23-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #39
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Unfortunately thats actually a government enforced rule, or so the schools say. It was made after a group of kids was killed in their mates car which crashed during lunch time, so far enough I think.
Old 23-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #40
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in primary school my yr 4 teacher used to jab me in the back all the time between the shoulder blades if i was playing up.. took it to the principal did the works, and i got her in trouble.. I was so proud of myself back then, i hated that biach.

Barker college, a big private school catholic i think in sydney. i have friends that go there. their rule book must be 40 pages thick lol. they arnt even allowed to use Mp3 players on trains ie the way home cuz its anti social behaviour.. bloody drongo's lol

Last edited by Fev; 23-11-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 23-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #41
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_rossy
Hey Guys,
Yes as the heading states My school has banned my mate from driving to school. The story goes as I and another mate were at my place and couldnt get to Yr11 Exams as My Mums cars battery was flat and couldnt get RACV for about 30 mins, So we called up a taxi and they said they will be 20 or 30 mins because they have gone outta town, so we called this mate who was driving to the same exam and so he came and got us, Our school (a private school), and suposvly every other school in the state has to abide by the rules that there has to have a note from a parent of the students who are getting a lift to give the the year level coordinator the day before the date of the lift for duty of care reasons.
Which we were slightly aware of but we were in casuals and it was an exam so we really didnt think they would of mind and they wouldnt of wanted us to miss our exam (and didnt perticularly care to be honest). So we rocked up at school and out popped the coordinator next to the car saying that you need a note the day before the lift and phone calls arent accepted. So we explained our story and he said that he cant drive to and from school any more what-so-ever. Mind you this mate lives 50k's out of town and wasnt to happy, but is leaving school all together next week so doesnt really mind to much. Does anyone else know about this rule or similar stories?
Thanks!
Pay more attention in Year 12.
Old 23-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #42
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

A Long time ago in a city far, far away...

I went to a high school in Wollongong, NSW. It was a good school when I was there (1983 - 1988) but my sister won't send her kids there as it has gone downhill big time (discipline, for example).

There were three school rules: Whatever you do, you are responsible for it. If you don't do it at home then you don't do it at school. If you don't like it done to you, then don't do it to anyone else. It worked, too.

I, at the time, had a particularly loud and green Mini with a Cooper S motor in it, very distinctive. Only three year 12's had cars of their own (self, a bloke with a Camira, and a girl who I was friends with who inherited a faded PURPLE Cortina 250!). I occasionally drove to school, but not often, and deliberately parked in the school carpark right next to the Industrial Arts' teacher's blue Mini. He used to just laugh it off.

Self and a mate did have to get a waiver signed by Mum and Dad so we could drive to sport, though. Dead easy, just a piece of paperwork.
Old 23-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #43
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i got banned from driving to school after parking in the principals spot for a few days, and driving over the oval to get out when it was all chocked up. also did a bit of a skid against a kerb when i was parked in by accident.

just parked at a mates place 2 mins down the road!
Old 23-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #44
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What ever happened to people taking responsibility for themselves?
Old 23-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #45
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
in primary school my yr 4 teacher used to jab me in the back all the time between the shoulder blades if i was playing up.. took it to the principal did the works, and i got her in trouble.. I was so proud of myself back then, i hated that biach.

Barker college, a big private school catholic i think in sydney. i have friends that go there. their rule book must be 40 pages thick lol. they arnt even allowed to use Mp3 players on trains ie the way home cuz its anti social behaviour.. bloody drongo's lol
barker hey?

i went to kings lol

we needed permission to drive too school. never bothered me though, cause i didnt get my car til just before the last HSC exam. so i drove to that one lol (just turned 17)

some guy got banned from driving to school cause another bloke from my year ran out on the road in front of him, and the dude driving sped up. (VY SS) lol i thought it was funny. the school did not.
Old 23-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #46
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Ahaha, We had to get a sticker on our car to say we could park on school grounds, and we werent allowed to park with the teachers...
So they gave us a spot across the road next to the metalworks rooms. Had a driveway that was practically on a 45 degree angle so there was no hope of the EB XR8 getting up there so i parked with the teachers until the last day when we all parked on the indoor basketball court....
Good times.....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 23-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #47
michaels1v8
Starter Motor

Haha I just finished school last year.

We never had any rules like that. You were suppose to have a 'parking permit' but I never got one. My mates and I would leave every lunch to get a feed and teachers didnt have a problem with it. I guess it was a pretty laid back school

Only had 1 teacher complain to me and I told him to stick it up his *** because Im not going to waste my time. He said fair enough

I would definately try the letter approach. Get your (and your mates) parents to call the school and explain the situation to the principal. Or even meet in person with him/her.

I will always remember the couple of days I got to take my brother's VU SS to school. I smoked that thing up all the way down the front of the school past the principles office :
You could smell the rubber still when you walked into class 5 minutes later.

Good times
Old 23-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #48
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Some schools seem to think they are above the law and can make up bullcrap rules as they like!
Old 23-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #49
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey
Unfortunately that's actually a government enforced rule, or so the schools say. It was made after a group of kids was killed in their mates car which crashed during lunch time, so far enough I think.
Pigs , if you park outside school areas there is nothing they can do assuming your parents are aware .
Old 23-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #50
blueprinted_xr
FPV F6E FG XR8 UTE EL XR6

good old school days, couple people got banned from driving 2 school from driving too fast, and then half the people got banned because a parent ( also a copper ) complained we were doing burnouts leaving the car park, so a teacher hid in the bushes across the road writing down number plates. now thats entrapment haha
Old 23-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #51
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha so many memories

we had a similar thing happen, but except we all left school to go into town for lunch, etc.... that was apparently against the law or such as the school is responsible for students during school hours...

then a rule was enforced to hand in our keys in the morning.....like hell they did nothing and could do nothing

they then tried to block of our little parking spot... lucky we had some guys who owned landcruisers and cleared that for us

there may be a rule saying that they can not allow you from driving to school, but park off school grounds and walk...they cant ban you from walking to school.. that would be promoting obesity... imagine the bad publicity

funny thing is as most of us year 12's in the day had cars we all left on the last day and went to a swimming hole....same day i cooked my power steering pump showing off by going in circles on a wide open field....so listen to your teachers

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 23-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #52
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Oh Where the hell is Sourbastard when you need him!
Old 23-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #53
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

This thread is all about jeapordizing your entire future by making mistakes at school. Luckily so few of you have a future that all this fuss is over nothing.... eat gum, throw sticks, set fires. Go play.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 23-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #54
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i copped this rule as well. just copped it on the chin and got a note. its more for insurance and safety reasons. its known that a few people have been killed on the way to school/exams, car load of mates, no one knew who was in the car.

we were getting hassled by police (there was about 10 p-platers in my year 12, all of whom had awesome cars), so we all parked down the side streets and "walked" to school everyday.

most teachers are cool, some would ask us to give them a lift to maccas that was down the road. some would come out and check the cars out. some would even help us do any work to them
Old 23-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #55
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
Pigs , if you park outside school areas there is nothing they can do assuming your parents are aware .
Thats true, and people did that. My sister was told she wasn't allowed to bring her friends to school so they all got out outside the gate, and they didn't do anything lol. I did a burnout for muck up day and never got in trouble. But I'm not sure if they knew it was me. I was ****ed off cos the teachers were asking "Who did that skid in that Commodore"!! lol
Old 23-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #56
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
That would have been good to know when I was at school. I used to always get in trouble for smoking after school. Apparently the rule was if your in school uniform you still had to abide by the rules ie; no smoking, and had to have full school uniform. We use to have teachers waiting near the stations to give detentions to those caught smoking and were not in full uniform.
That was my school's policy too. While we were in uniform we were representing the school and had to behave accordingly. Even if it was something simple like wearing an extra coat or scarf in a plain colour like black, which was not part of the uniform.
They didn't care about us really, just wanted to make sure that their enrolments didn't drop off.
The only time I had to give a note in to travel in a friend's car was for an excursion to a school nearby for a careers expo. But it was only for the trip to and from the excursion since we went straight from home to the expo, and then back to school at lunchtime.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 24-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #57
Cracka20

This is just a storm in a tea cup. Remember the first day you or your parents signed into the school? Oh yes I promise to follow school policy..sign..sign...here is my deposit. If you don't like it MOVE. There is at least one school in every suburb. No skin off their back, you will always be replaced! If you don't want to move eat a couple of tea spoons of concrete and harden up. Rules are Rules..School only prepares you for the real world. It's for your safety.
Old 24-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #58
One Drone
Lane HO

Do what I did.. Last day of school. Muck up day. Got the V8 Fairlane, went on one of the fields and had fun... Then left very very quickly! Rofl those were the days
Old 24-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #59
Gav_21

we had a rule that we were only allowed to park in a certain spot which was far away from the main bulding. i didnt have a problem with it until my car got keyed, 2 tyres let down and my spoiler ripped of in the space of a week and the school didnt do nothing about it. i was ****ed
Old 24-11-2007, 01:57 AM   #60
BlackLS
yum

Hehe at our school we needed a special parking permit sticker that had to be applied for then purchased for $10 BUT the actual designated parking was off school grounds, around the corner on the nature strip! Needless to say half the grade never had a sticker.

Our deputy had NFI about anything "...There has been reports of braking skids and wheelies in the senior parking area..." The quickest car there was probably a 14 sec 300zx which id love to see it do a wheelstand...

Closed Thread