Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #31
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: UK riots..

What surprises me is the amount of dithering by the government. Its apparent now that the layers of red tape and PC bullshiezen have seriously hampered the Police ability to respond to this disorder in a way other than simple containment.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #32
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Bring in the army and belt the little punks back into submission.

And to think they sent us 'criminals' out here..........

exactly my thoughts

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Backing up Gecko and to make it plainly clear.

These riots are criminal actions by groups of ordinary people NOT political action for or against any government or ethnic group.

Therefore it is a domestic police issue not a military one.

The next member who talks about military action against unarmed civilians or compares this event to wars in other arenas WILL get a holiday.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #34
R1XSTA
Silky Smoothe

What i don't understand about all this. These people have to sleep at one point?

Surely when they go to bed they are angry, but when they wake up in the morning whats on their mind?

"lets go destroy things cause i can.." Doubtful, they just wanna scratch themselves and take a leak.

Peer pressure is at its unfortunate highest in this instance, one person saying jump. everyone saying how high.
- 2006 Ford Territory Turbo; Silhoutte, Leather, Plazmaman CAI.
R1XSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

How many of these rioters are there anyway? I'm hearing reports of 10-12,000 extra police being deployed to stop the violence.

Is there that many or more of these thugs running around? Call for a curfew and anyone out after that time is arrested unless they have a very good reason.

When I was in Sri Lanka during the elections they did just that after fears of protests. Main streets blocked, heavy police presence. Didn't look pretty but boy did it work... not a toot from anyone in my city and the next day life went on.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #36
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1XSTA
What i don't understand about all this. These people have to sleep at one point?

Surely when they go to bed they are angry, but when they wake up in the morning whats on their mind?

"lets go destroy things cause i can.." Doubtful, they just wanna scratch themselves and take a leak.

Peer pressure is at its unfortunate highest in this instance, one person saying jump. everyone saying how high.
It's nothing but the anarchy in the hearts of the general population that is manifesting itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Lane
What goes around comes around.....
That can't be true; there are still people left unharmed.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #37
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Absolutely crazy! To see buildings that survived bombing raids during the Blitz be destroyed by these moronic mindless bogans is criminal to say the least. Thankfully no innocent peole have been killed or seriously injured.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #38
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe when living in a supposed free country, people get sick and tired of being told what to do or can't do and so take it into their own hands to express what they're feeling and score a new 42" while doing it

hurry back to normality London, i need my EPL fix this weekend
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #39
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

These gutless little rioters hiding under their "hoodies" are being sent a message by the public who have themselves taken to the streets in numbers to take back control. The people have had enough. The govt need to pass some legislation quickly so they can lock up these idiots, regardless of age.
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #40
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342
These gutless little rioters hiding under their "hoodies" are being sent a message by the public who have themselves taken to the streets in numbers to take back control. The people have had enough. The govt need to pass some legislation quickly so they can lock up these idiots, regardless of age.
that's it!!
get the government to introduce more rules and laws. that'll stop it from ever happening again
now where on earth do we send those pesky folks that won't abide?......um howabout Australia? er no, we already did that
Old 10-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #41
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733
that's it!!
get the government to introduce more rules and laws. that'll stop it from ever happening again
now where on earth do we send those pesky folks that won't abide?......um howabout Australia? er no, we already did that
The deterrent needs to be there in the first place. That's how the law system works. Remove the authority or reward for criminal behaviour and you have what the UK has now. Easy to see that its not your ppty or life being ruined by these imbociles
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #42
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342
The deterrent needs to be there in the first place. That's how the law system works. Remove the authority or reward for criminal behaviour and you have what the UK has now. Easy to see that its not your ppty or life being ruined by these imbociles

you obviously missed the point of my reply to your post

what's a ppty?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #43
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733
what's a ppty?
short for 'property' i think
Old 10-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #44
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I think he meant "property".

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #45
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I think he meant "property".
That was my first thought when reading it too, makes sense in the context of his post.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #46
bungarra

Where's the safety cameras to stop this hoon like behaviour!!!
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #47
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra
Where's the safety cameras to stop this hoon like behaviour!!!

London is actually full of cameras, where do you think evidence of all the offences will come from once the trials start happening will come from?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #48
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stuff the cameras, where is the army?
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #49
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
Stuff the cameras, where is the army?
If the british army havent kept up on their Riot Training since withdrawing from Northern Ireland that could get real ugly real fast.

Calling in the army would presumably be the absolute last resort. The police havent even resorted to the water cannon or rubber bullets at this point (note, I don't think rubber bullets have *ever* been used on the mainland in action)
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #50
jrfttf
Getting By!?

Very very messy situation they have over there!
End of the day i agree with what others are saying

Its all good and well declaring martial law at nite time but end of the day to enforce it you need the numbers. As for deploying national guard to assist local law forces it will be a very last resort

End of the day i don't know what these guys/gals think they are achieving, some have heard them saying its to claim back their taxes, end of the day they are shafting small business owners and insurance comany which in hand is only shafting the average joe with insurance poilicy price rises due to all the recent claims, end of the day majority of the dead ebats doing this probably have nothing and no insurance premiums to to pay hence the don't give two *****!
jrfttf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #51
Zero_PSI
Banned

It's a protest not a riot....A bunch of hooligans stealing, vandalising and insulted innocent people....in protest
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #52
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
It's a protest not a riot....A bunch of hooligans stealing, vandalising and insulted innocent people....in protest
Totally agree. Opportunism.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #53
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
The police havent even resorted to the water cannon or rubber bullets at this point (note, I don't think rubber bullets have *ever* been used on the mainland in action)
Perhaps they need to start using these things.

The riot police that attend polish soccer games know how to handle the thugs. Once a gang fight/riot starts they simply spray the group with a tear gas cannon thing, then beat anyone who continues to fight, and arrest people as necessary. They seam to bring the group into check reasonably quick. They are not afraid to come down on them harshly.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #54
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Backing up Gecko and to make it plainly clear.

These riots are criminal actions by groups of ordinary people NOT political action for or against any government or ethnic group.

Therefore it is a domestic police issue not a military one.

The next member who talks about military action against unarmed civilians or compares this event to wars in other arenas WILL get a holiday.
Just to back up and comment on this and previous statements.

The British Army is not a police force.

This is not like Northern Ireland.

The biggest unit in Northern Ireland used during the "Troubles" was the UDR.

The UDR was 11 Battalions and it had issues of its own. It was disbanded/ amalgamated many years ago and could not be deployed outside NI anyway.

Riot control is not the core duty of British Army units.

Prior to deployment to Northern Ireland special working up training would have been carried out. There were very strict rules of engagement and training in the use of.

Soldiers trained for war are trained to react with extreme force, not what you want here.

Some British Army units such as the Parachute Regiment are "extreme" in use of force and this could lead to major issues.

The special riot vehicles are all in Northern Ireland. I believe that they are being shipped to the UK or the Goverment is considering shipping them. This includes water cannon.

My understanding is that the Royal Irish Regiment (The UDR was amalgamated into this) has three home service battalions that are probably still riot trained but they are not to be deployed outside NI.

Any of the vehicles mentioned above would need to be operated by soldiers trained in the use of this kit. Not the Royal Irish.

They would be under the command and control of civilian police.

They would not be using extreme force.

The Police in Britain have very well trained and armed counter terrorist assets. Ever been at Heathrow Airport?

Only thing I disagree with is your statement "These riots are criminal actions by groups of ordinary people". I would not consider these people "Ordinary".
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #55
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well I am spewing as I am flying there in 3 days time for a supposed holiday...
Buttnekid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #56
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I heard that the government has brought in the army and they are using plastic bullets.

This is a very sad indictment of the problems that the UK has had for years in terms of little welfare ghettos full of hoodies or chav's, and it will be interesting to see how it is brought to a close.
I'm guessing though that there will be lots of prosecutions based on the number of cameras in London, however like here I'm guessing not many will go to prison, as there isn't the room.

Quote: