Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #31
buggo
[BU66OS]

Looks like you got your wish

BA XR8 Manual
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #32
74_XB_Ute
See..Everybody Loves Ford

The way I see it is that Number 1 in the T&C's should be removed because as shown above there are plenty of threads kicking along that really are in breech of the T&C's. Usually from what I see is that a thread is usually shut down due to Numbers 2,3 or 4 in the T&C's. A thread that is about race, politics, religion etc...can still stay alive as long as people are having a say...a bit of a laugh...but not breeching 2, 3 or 4 of the T&C's. Also T&C Number 5 is pretty much a joke as there a plenty of people using alternate characters to get around the language filter.
The moderators are doing exactly what they should be doing ...using their judgement and letting threads kick along unless they get outa hand and breech 2,3 or 4 of the T&C's....which in my opinion is how it should be done.
Perhaps the T&C's need to be looked into and revised to match the style of moderation or the moderators need to be policing the T&C's as they are read.
I totally understand the confusion of some of the members having their thread shutdown but I also understand the moderators wanting to keep a free flowing forum despite the subject.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #33
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
I undertsand discretion, however i dont understand when sometime a thread is flamed by a moderator, instead of being closed.

Maybe i need to spend more time in the shed on the XB.....

Well you wouldn't be playing childish games now with a comment like that now would you???
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #34
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Well you wouldn't be playing childish games now with a comment like that now would you???

um no... pure co-incidence about your avatar thingy saying the same thing as what i was thinking...

I really do have 2 XBs in the shed, one is in need of my attension. But no chance this time of year, too much rain and other things on my mind.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #35
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would hope so. Thankyou for clarifying
Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #36
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One is an ex QLD police car, 6cyc, 3 on tree bench seat all orginal. Been trying to find motivation to start on it...

The other was a Tropicana Gold Fairmont... its er... bit different now. PEople may point and stare but what the heck....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 03-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #37
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I think the question has been answered why things happen ...... the Mods and admin will pick up the threads that they deem to be unwarranted and are not in the spirit of what the 'FORD FORUMS' are about and deal with them appropriately.

If anyone sees any threads they believe is not in the best interest of what this Car Forum is about ....... please push the report button. This will bring the offending post or thread to the attention of all mods and admin and in a discretionary manner will then make the decision on the appropriate cause of action .......... if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Out of curiosity what did you have for breakfast?

*prepares for banishment*

LOL
.......... had a coffee on the way to work

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread