Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #31
XG_Falcon

Default Re: A factory big block Australian Falcon GT

I'm imagining a severe lack of traction...
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #32
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
My memory was it was advertised closer to the 40k-60k mark.

Cheers Mick
Seeing as how I can't remember what happened last week I'd say your figure is probably closer to the mark.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #33
CJR09
RPO 77

pretty sure in recent times it was for sale at around 350k?

just pre or at/around GFC

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #34
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
pretty sure in recent times it was for sale at around 350k?

just pre or at/around GFC

I think it was passed in for a figure similar to that...........I believe the owner was looking for something closer to the 3 mil mark.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #35
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
I think it was passed in for a figure similar to that...........I believe the owner was looking for something closer to the 3 mil mark.

Cheers Mick
For a car that would only have serious but limited collector value in Australia !!!

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #36
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had dinner at the old mans tonight and asked him about this car. Seems I got a few of the details wrong. He said he had to drive to a house in Balwyn to view the car. The guy selling it said he was the president of Ford Aust. The XW was in a shed and the was a new Fairlane in the driveway which was apparently the daily drive. Dad said the worst of the rust was in the doors that it was showing signs elsewhere. Irrespective, he should have brought it... A very historically significant car.
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #37
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
For a car that would only have serious but limited collector value in Australia !!!

It would have more collector value here in Australia than in the U.S...........they don't do the 4 door muscle car thing that well over there in the U.S. It would probably be regarded as no more than a mediocre styling exercise for an Aussie model 4 door taxi that was a year or so behind what ever they were doing at the time.

Cheers Mick
Old 27-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #38
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

This for me is the pick of all the Falcons by a mile. Just the history of it and who was involved is enough. > than any HO
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-09-2015, 10:26 PM   #39
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
This for me is the pick of all the Falcons by a mile. Just the history of it and who was involved is enough. > than any HO
The Bill Bourke car is and awesome car.
My pick would be the GTHO Super Falcon though.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
turbo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2015, 10:37 PM   #40
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
It would have more collector value here in Australia than in the U.S...........they don't do the 4 door muscle car thing that well over there in the U.S. It would probably be regarded as no more than a mediocre styling exercise for an Aussie model 4 door taxi that was a year or so behind what ever they were doing at the time.

Cheers Mick
That was my point, no interest for it outside of Australia.

And I would go out on a limb and say no-one here would pay that price either.

Particularly when you consider that kind of money could purchase a mickey mouse car with a very strong international appeal and therefore have a better chance of increasing in value due to a larger audience.

No harm in testing the market I suppose.
Old 27-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #41
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
The Bill Bourke car is and awesome car.
My pick would be the GTHO Super Falcon though.

needs the missing lights fitted , looks half nakid

ever since my first car ive preferred the xy of the falcons even tho mine was a wagon , but for fairlanes it be the zh , and then the 77 f truck model as well

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #42
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
That was my point, no interest for it outside of Australia.

And I would go out on a limb and say no-one here would pay that price either.

Particularly when you consider that kind of money could purchase a mickey mouse car with a very strong international appeal and therefore have a better chance of increasing in value due to a larger audience.

No harm in testing the market I suppose.

Yep agree it's an historically important car, but finding a genuine buyer willing to stump up the desired funds would be more than awkward..........we are probably currently seeing the high water mark for cars of this era, as more baby boomers such as myself kick the bucket we will probably see demand and prices generally soften for the Ford 60s 70s muscle cars...............something like we see today with Model A & T Fords that were once concourse restored and then worth a lot of money but now being bought up relatively cheaply and being turned into hot rods.

Cheers Mick
Old 27-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #43
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
I think Street Machine held a competition in late 80s with a (red?) 351 XF as the prize?
That car actually started as a Genuine XE ESP. By the time they had destroyed one of Ford's finest, it had XF panels, Phase Autos body kit and Recaros.

That's my opinion before anyone says anything. Yeah it was nice in the end but not to a 5.8 / 4 speed Ghia ESP!!

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #44
ken1939

Neat history. The 428 was a pretty potent engine in its own right, cannot imagine trying to squeeze a 429 Boss in that engine bay. Like was mentioned, getting the power to the ground...I am surprised that no one has tried to build a clone of that yet? I wonder how much the body flexed?

In regards to the track, I wonder what the extra weight would have done to braking?
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2015, 05:33 AM   #45
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

I can't find any pictures of it, but Jack Telnack designed a two-door Falcon concept car with a 427 that introduced the Super 'Roo logo. I suppose that counts as a factory car.
Old 28-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #46
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
I can't find any pictures of it, but Jack Telnack designed a two-door Falcon concept car with a 427 that introduced the Super 'Roo logo. I suppose that counts as a factory car.

^^pretty sure that was documented in one of the classic car mags also^^

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #47
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN View Post
That car actually started as a Genuine XE ESP. By the time they had destroyed one of Ford's finest, it had XF panels, Phase Autos body kit and Recaros.

That's my opinion before anyone says anything. Yeah it was nice in the end but not to a 5.8 / 4 speed Ghia ESP!!
I completely agree, and so does the market I think. 5.8 XE ESP's are commanding big money these days, I've seen them advertised for $50k.

On the other hand what would a molested bitsa be worth?
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #48
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a touch confused here...

The car pictured in post #24 - KJS-557, which is also the one pictured on the magazine cover and the subject of the website that Express posted the link to in post #16 - that's not the actual Bill Bourke special. Reading the website, under the "My Journey" page, KJS-557 is only a Bill Bourke Special replica. Have I got that right?

So the car others have been talking about, being sold for $3 million or $300k or whatever it is, that's the actual Bill Bourke special? So the genuine car is still out there? Why wasn't that car the subject of the magazine article? Surely the guy who built the KJS-557 replica doesn't think his car has any actual historical significance beyond the non matching number modified XW GT that it is?
Old 28-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #49
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post

The car pictured in post #24 - KJS-557, which is also the one pictured on the magazine cover and the subject of the website that Express posted the link to in post #16 - that's not the actual Bill Bourke special. Reading the website, under the "My Journey" page, KJS-557 is only a Bill Bourke Special replica. Have I got that right?

So the car others have been talking about, being sold for $3 million or $300k or whatever it is, that's the actual Bill Bourke special? So the genuine car is still out there? Why wasn't that car the subject of the magazine article? Surely the guy who built the KJS-557 replica doesn't think his car has any actual historical significance beyond the non matching number modified XW GT that it is?
This doesn't answer your question tranquilised. I entered the rego KJS557 into the Vicroads website to see if it was still registered as to query if it was the same. It is now registered to a '97 Falcon sedan with VIN 6FPAAAJGSWVJ21317.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #50
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3
My memory was it was advertised closer to the 40k-60k mark.

Cheers Mick
Yes that is what I was alluding to back in post 25............it's a bit confusing because both cars have the same plate no, although 1 is Vic and other is NSW rego..............the car we were discussing is the original car. I have dragged out an old thread on the Classic Car forum that has a discussion about the original car when it was advertised for sale a few years back if you want to have a look.

Cheers Mick

Last edited by HO 3; 28-09-2015 at 01:36 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #51
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes that is what I was alluding to back in post 25............it's a bit confusing because both cars have the same plate no, although 1 is Vic and other is NSW rego..............the car we were discussing is the original car. I have dragged out an old thread on the Classic Car forum that has a discussion about the original car when it was advertised for sale a few years back if you want to have a look.

Cheers Mick
Ahh that's where the confusion lies - the same plate numbers

The real deal is Victorian, as per the magazine article and burnout pic, the replica, after looking closer at the pics on the website, is registered in NSW.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #52
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Ahh that's where the confusion lies - the same plate numbers

The real deal is Victorian, as per the magazine article and burnout pic, the replica, after looking closer at the pics on the website, is registered in NSW.
Yes after I’d realised I’d posted a replica I couldn’t delete the link out of the post.

As HO 3 had quickly pointed it out I just thought everyone knew it wasn’t the car and left it at that.