Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #31
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: F150's coming to Oz ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
You can already get F150-F450 here in Australia through a company called Vehicle Development Corporation (VDC) based in Coolaroo here in Melbourne - they sell though Harrison Motoring Group in Melton.

https://vdc.com.au/

Ford won't go for a factory setup, the amount of cars they sell in LHD markets means they don't need to engineer and build it to offer in RHD markets.

Which RHD countries would go for it? South Africa, Australia and maybe India.
India!.............the 3 speed Nissan Patrol was specifically designed as a 3 speed as it suited their mountain terrain, they love em, and the Morris Oxford and Royal Enfield, too funny...
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2021, 06:27 PM   #32
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I would say it would be Ranger's.

A couple of things will stop F-150's from coming to Australia as a factory backed effort like RAM and GM-SV.

1. Ranger! Ford will make more profit per unit with Ranger than an F-150 once the conversion cost is factored in.

2. Ranger! RAM and Silverado have no little brothers underneath them, so in a way that has allowed RAM in particular to price the 1500 at a somewhat reasonable price. With Ranger priced into the $80,000+ mark, an F-150 or 250 will not undercut that at all.

So question therefore becomes where would Ford position an F-Series in their lineup and is the time and expense in finding a partner to do the conversions, crash testing and certifying them for sale worth the effort.
With a RAM 1500 Laramie and Silverado LTZ now around the $125000+ mark, I think there is plenty of room above the Ranger.

The pov pack RAM no longer starts at $80000. It has seen price increases and is now in the 90s. It is also equipped more like a base model Ranger. An $80k Ranger is more like the Laramie or LTZ. Then there is the $150000 Limited.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #33
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First, they need to sort out their procurement issues with computer chips. Ford cannot even meet demand in their home market at present. Some of the latest information I have seen floating around in the press suggests supply side constraints will not be solved until mid 2023.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2021, 08:05 PM   #34
Para045

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
With a RAM 1500 Laramie and Silverado LTZ now around the $125000+ mark, I think there is plenty of room above the Ranger.

The pov pack RAM no longer starts at $80000. It has seen price increases and is now in the 90s. It is also equipped more like a base model Ranger. An $80k Ranger is more like the Laramie or LTZ. Then there is the $150000 Limited.
+1 I went out to a few car yards a few weeks back with the missus as we're getting to the point of our lives where we are discussing retirement and whether we'll do the caravan thing

We went to a caravan show a few months back and the sort of caravan we looked at we'd need something load rated higher than our Turbo Terra

Anyway after looking at the Everest/Ranger/Landcruiser/Prado & Amarok and joking that I should have kept my old F100 the VW salesman said to look at the Ram.

So we went and had a look and base model LWB 1500 they had they said was $98k drive away

I've previously had a 78 SWB 4WD and 79 2WD LWB F100 so besides being a bit longer it was similar in many ways but neither the missus or I was really that impressed with what you get for that 98K

Our 07 TTG has many more features and is more comfy to sit in (apart from the huge room in the back seats)

They had a 2500 Laramie and while that was a bit flasher it still had a bloody column shift and was around $150k
Old 02-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #35
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Spied in San Isidro this morning…
No idea of the year or if genuine Roush? (Had Ecoboost badge on rear)
Still looked the goods.. They tower over Hi lux/Ranger size dual cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2021, 01:57 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
...and what exactly would Ford Australia engineers be benchmarking an F-150 against in Australia...Rangers..... or locally RHD converted Rams and Chevs?
Ranger. And F150 Raptor to benchmark against Ranger Raptor, as it's just about the only comparable vehicle.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #37
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Ranger. And F150 Raptor to benchmark against Ranger Raptor, as it's just about the only comparable vehicle.
..and which one won....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2021, 02:58 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
..and which one won....
Well years ago during desert endurance testing, the Ranger Raptor was quicker around the high speed off road coarse than the F150 Raptor, due to it's better rear end. But that was the original PX Raptor, and the 2nd gen F-150 Raptor with it's leaf sprung rear end. Not sure how new gen goes against new gen F-150 Raptor, as that now has a coil spring rear end too, and many things have changed on both of them.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-11-2021, 03:03 PM   #39
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I can see the EV version making sense, but surely Australia isnt the only country that would be keen on RHD?
It probably really is only Aus, the other RHD markets are SE Asia, Japan, South Africa, UK & Ireland. None of those are particularly friendly for large vehicles.

Indeed driving a Ranger in Bali or the UK would be bad enough.

But Australia except for downtown Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane they'd be fine.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:35 PM   #40
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Well years ago during desert endurance testing, the Ranger Raptor was quicker around the high speed off road coarse than the F150 Raptor, due to it's better rear end. But that was the original PX Raptor, and the 2nd gen F-150 Raptor with it's leaf sprung rear end. Not sure how new gen goes against new gen F-150 Raptor, as that now has a coil spring rear end too, and many things have changed on both of them.
Wasn't expecting an answer (for obvious reasons) but thank you...and while you're in a talkative mood could you get a Lincoln Aviator delivered here for benchmarking and then I'll drop in and take it afterwards...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2021, 11:28 PM   #41
yanknbank
Very regular

Quote:
Wasn't expecting an answer (for obvious reasons) but thank you...and while you're in a talkative mood could you get a Lincoln Aviator delivered here for benchmarking and then I'll drop in and take it afterwards...
…yup, me too. The G6eT has been well and truly retired to the dim dark depths of the shed for a well deserved period of relative inactivity.
The Lincoln Aviator would be an interesting replacement.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #42
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I've never seen one, so no chance of that
Old 05-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #43
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 2021 F150 has turned into a 2022........Damn the waiting
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post