Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #31
Ray
FORD POWER!!

I Know the AU's have really bright headlights... But I can't say I've ever been flashed myself...

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #32
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

I've had a few comments regarding the brightness of mine. Resolved that today, now adjusted correctly.

Having been followed by drivers with incorrectly adjusted headlights is just plain dangerous, not only is it blinding coming at you, but equally painful and distracting when behind.

I honestly don't know which is worse - an AU with poorly adjusted driving lights or a large 4WD with high beams on. The effect is the same.

As for highbeams on AU XR's, damn turns night back into day.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #33
TCK-098

I thought the original globes that came with car to be to dull for my liking so ive fitted ultra blue phillips best thing ive done and others get the message quickly when they flash me going to do the gas filled coversion soon then i wont have to worry about driving lights fitted to bar.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #34
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustytheclown
I thought the original globes that came with car to be to dull for my liking so ive fitted ultra blue phillips best thing ive done and others get the message quickly when they flash me going to do the gas filled coversion soon then i wont have to worry about driving lights fitted to bar.
Excellent thinking clown ... if the guy coming towards you is blinded by you lights just turn 'em up stronger ... that'll show him eh.

PS. ***edited***

Last edited by Casper; 13-09-2005 at 08:08 PM.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 01:59 PM   #35
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have noticed a lot of AU's with very bright lights as well.

Our XR has brilliant lights especially on High Beam !
Much better than in a few BA's ive been in too...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #36
TCK-098

Quote:
Excellent thinking clown ... if the guy coming towards you is blinded by you lights just turn 'em up stronger ... that'll show him eh.
Quote:
PS. ***Edited***
Oh really mate the way some of the roads are lit up on sydney you need a good light to see whats in front of you and on the other hand the lights are not set up to be shining in others drivers eyes to cause incidents.

PS. ***Edited***

Last edited by Casper; 13-09-2005 at 08:09 PM.
TCK-098 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #37
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Anymore talk of violence from ANYONE and I'l give that person the forum version of intensive care (1 month ban) or a pine box (perm ban).

Kapish?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #38
6T
Now a turbo man - sort of

Having owned both an XR ute and AUs with "normal" headlights, I have to say that the XR's are the best standard lights I have ever had. I reckon by comparison my TE's lights are OK but that's about it really.
6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 06:59 PM   #39
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

As one who spends 5-6 nights a week driving between the Vic and Qld borders I've noticed that the AU does not necessarily have the brightest lights on the road.

But they do seem to be the ones that are most out of alignment. Of course during school holidays every second car on the highway has the mandatory 4 bags of cement in the boot.
(Almost as bad as the people with their '****er' lights on!)

Roger.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #40
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
what does HID mean EXACTLY, and how would i go about getting a "kit" for my car, i like the look of the clean WHITE lights, except when they are behind you bouncing around in your rear view mirror!!!!!!
I got my kit from Melb. JA Racing it think it was.
There is a H4 kit .. with wiring loom, ballast, relays, globes.
It doesn't use a filment in the globe ... it uses an electrode to start them (ignitor) and there is a gas (XENON) inside the globe that reacts to it ... causing the bright white light.

HID is High Intensity gas Discharge ... using a Xenon gas as mentioned above.

Only problem i have is that it doesn't work the best inside in normal halogen reflector sealed beam ... that's why I am sourcing a set of projectors out of a donor set of headlights and putting them in my factory headlights (little bit of cutting and fiddling) ... then i will get the perfect cut-off beam (ala Honda S2000/BMW/Audi/Merc style)

It is much brighter at night ... and at dusk i can clearly see my light on the road ... also raining nights ... I can see my beam on the road as well (whereas halogen is crap on a wet road).

I have to remount my driver's headlight ... one of the bolts is loose and it wobbles a bit over bumps. It can be annoying.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #41
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so how much is the HID conversion kit??
easy to do your self?
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post