Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2021, 11:12 AM   #31
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: Your Motoring Bucket List

My automotive bucket list? To get my Sprint back :-(
Old 08-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #32
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We had plans for 2021 to visit the USA.
It was aligning nicely with Scott McLaughlin's move to Indycar and I always regretted not making the time and effort to head over there during the period where Ambrose was racing in NASCAR.
So my bucket list involves a trip to Watkins Glen for a NASCAR race and roll in an Indycar round at a similar time.

Been to Bathurst but never got the chance to drive the circuit (road speed) so that just needs to be done. If it can be in something more exciting than a motorhome, it could then be crossed off the list.

Lastly, there a few circuits left to visit in Australia so once Covid allows us, we will knock off the remaining V8SC rounds on our list.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 09:00 PM   #33
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

I visited Ambrose'e team (Petty wasn't it) back in the day...not much there and nobody home but a receptionist...she gave me a standard hand out photo of him.

Across the road was Roush Fenway, much bigger deal...they had a museumy type section and a lot more to look at. They were doing practice pit stops outside you could watch.

Many NASCAR teams have headquarters are around Charlotte so its easy to see a few different ones if you have some wheels.

NASCAR Hall of Fame is worth a look as well.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2021, 09:52 PM   #34
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Cheers mentioning Petty.
I did a Petty Race Experience at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway track.
Man getting into a real Nascar even though detuned to 500hp good ol H pattern box a banked track was an epic thrill !
Also across from the track was Selby Museum and workshop and Andretti Indy experience back then.
My bucket list has countless cars no point mentioning but Goodwood one day please/Monza/Monaco and going back re the USA, if you haven't done Henry's Detroit Museums well, you don't know what your missing there, its huge and amazing.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 11:02 PM   #35
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always wanted to drive Route66 but I think what I want to experience doesn't exist anymore.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2021, 09:37 PM   #36
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

While the original route is bypassed and overpaved and broken up there is enough of it left to get the idea...the bit from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon does most people. I've done that twice...seen the start in Chicago and the end at Santa Monica Pier.

There are plenty of better drives in the USA than looking for ALL of Route 66.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #37
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We did Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica a few years ago and it was brilliant. Can be hard to follow in some spots with lack of signage etc though. Some towns/cities really embrace the history of the route with plenty of signage which helps but some don’t which makes it fairly hard to follow at times. Checked recently and you now can get gps units specifically to follow Route 66 which would make it a lot easier. We did it in a Mustang which was absolutely brilliant and would do it again but next time on a Harley.