Default Re: Australian Media Coverage of Ford - Worldwide Context

they falcon wont die by the sounds of this but the 4l will
Old 26-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #32
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Re: Australian Media Coverage of Ford - Worldwide Context

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
IMO, by 2016 today's large capacity V6s and I-6s in large cars will be unsellable and I have a feeling that,
a large car will need to have engines roughly one step up from what the US Fusion provides now.
Now whether that flies in the face of what is being developed for next gen Taurus is key,
can the Falcon continue to evolve efficiently and saving tons of money by using many of
those unseen "One Ford" parts to keep the project viable and of worth to other regions...

So there's no point looking at large V6s available now, I think the key is to look at emerging tech
that will keep Falcon fresh and viable to the market, stuff like 8-speed auto transmissions and
engines in sizes that consumers want to buy, be that a lusty I-6 or an efficient Ecoboost or a V8.

What ever is decided, you can bet that the post 2016 vehicle will be stuffed full of the same
options available on Ford's global cars, no more feeling like we're being left behind.
I think that Nano is going to change the way we think about a lot of things. That will really turn the thinking of power and torque for large cars on it's head.