Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #31
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Preliminary VFacts December 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Here, here. I will never buy another Ford after 2016 and will tell everybody I know who asks me a bout cars not to even consider a Ford product. They screwed Australia so we will do our best to screw them.
That is just dumb. By that logic, you can't recommend Toyota, Holden, Ford, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Volkwagen, Chrysler, Renault and some others I've probably missed.

You also can't buy Bridgestone tyres either, or Dunlop, I would also think you'd have to be walking around naked as we used to make most of our clothes here but now we don't really make much if any, I could go on but you get my drift.

So much stupid in that post it hurt to read it.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #32
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
The fact that Ford employs Australian designers and engineers means very little to me when they're not producing products that I'd want to own, much in the same way I wouldn't buy an Australian made Toyota because they are bland garbage.
I am a Falcon fan not a Ford fan and like many here, I am here solely for the large RWD I6/V8 sedan/wagon/ute which Ford has provided us over the years.
I have zero interest in the rest of the Ford range and if they think some Thai built hatch, FWD sedan, dual cab ute/SUV, or a Yank coupe are worthy replacements then they are more out of touch with Australians than I thought.
I too am more of a Falcon fan than a Ford fan. But at some point its just something people are going to have to get over. It is what it is.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #33
Trump
bitch lasagne

My crystal ball:

- GM Holden and Ford will not exist in Australia in 10 years time.
- Ford's Australian engineering division will be gone within seven years.
- Toyota and Hyundai/Kia will be the dominant players in the Australian bread and butter market.
- Sales of luxury cars will increase for the next 12 months or so, but will tank hard once the real consequences of the end of auto manufacturing in Australia kick in.

People don't seem to realise how much of a hit the Australian economy will take come 2017 and onwards. The loss of car manufacturing isn't simply the loss of the several thousand jobs at Ford, Holden and Toyota. The component industry is several times larger than the manufacturing base of the big three and employs a commensurate number of people. The aftermarket industry is almost as large and will shed a lot of jobs as a knock on effect.

Last edited by Trump; 05-01-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #34
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
excellent new Everest.
Yep the Everest is a pretty hot car Go the cheap imports
Wonder if there is as much disappointment in the holden camp
Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #35
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Yes, screw the Australian engineers and designers who were and will still be employed by Ford Australia that brought us the class leading Ranger and excellent new Everest.

Also screw the company that has or will bring us the magnificent Fiesta ST, excellent Focus ST, the bonkers Focus RS and the Iconic Mustang. Hardly models that I would consider white goods.
Yep. %$#^ the lot of them. The Ranger and Everest are only tokens and there is no guarantee the next generation will be designed locally.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #36
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Syndrome I've had a long day at work so I'm sorry I might just be slow, but are you serious lately or just trolling?
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #37
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Falcon XR6 View Post
Wonder if there is as much disappointment in the holden camp
well at least it keeps its customers warm while waiting for the tow truck!!!

I wonder this too about the Holden camp. shoot me, I actually don't mind the VF series Commodore but what else do they have to take its place?? the Insigina or whatever its called actually sounds nice but not being Rear Wheel Drive I think will put a lot of customers that have brought Commodore in the past off it. I agree with Loud_Noises. GM & Ford will not exist in 10 years time in Australia. I think maybe Ford Australia should keep the factories going for at least another year to sort out the issues with the imported cars. Start actually caring for the people that got sold cars with dodgy transmissions and start treating people a little better after they have brought their brand new car. Do this and try to make sure every car is built correctly. (the occasional stuff up is ok because where all humans) admit when wrong and try to help the customer more when stuff does go wrong instead of palming them off. Do this and maybe in 10 years time Ford would truly have a image like Toyota does with reliability (not blandness hopefully)

Edit:- thou i'd wish they would keep the factories open permanently but it wont happen
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2016, 09:11 PM   #38
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yep. %$#^ the lot of them. The Ranger and Everest are only tokens and there is no guarantee the next generation will be designed locally.
You think so ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2016, 09:30 PM   #39
Elements

Please delete/disregard this post.
Elements is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #40
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Yeh and screw all those that are still employed. Hope those traitors to Australia lose their jobs too!
Yeah the asshats that have saved jobs, increased/increasing employment, and put major money into the country...traitors!!

Quote:
You do realise the next gen is underway? The engineering centre at Ford is packed to the brim. So I'll put my money on it happening. But I love how you think Ranger/Everest is a token. The amount of money spent on the cars, building and infrastructure makes FGX/SZ2 the token.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #41
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
The fact that Ford employs Australian designers and engineers means very little to me when they're not producing products that I'd want to own, much in the same way I wouldn't buy an Australian made Toyota because they are bland garbage.
I am a Falcon fan not a Ford fan and like many here, I am here solely for the large RWD I6/V8 sedan/wagon/ute which Ford has provided us over the years.
I have zero interest in the rest of the Ford range and if they think some Thai built hatch, FWD sedan, dual cab ute/SUV, or a Yank coupe are worthy replacements then they are more out of touch with Australians than I thought.
I keep reading this garbage. Its not Ford thats out of touch it is you guys thats still want a RWD 4 door that are in the minority now. Do Toyota sell one? Nope and they are streets ahead of anyone else. I'd say Toyota, Mazda and Hyundai are selling what Australians want these days. Hilarious that people are going to spite Ford because they think they've screwed them over like they owe something to you personally. They have kept a model going for 56 years even when they were losing a lot of money on it. That's some serious commitment. Think about people who only got to see their favourite car for 10 years or so before it was canned. Fords even given us a muscle car to keep the V8 enthusiasts happy which is more than Holden has committed to.

The sad thing is its people like you that will bad mouth the company and probably sink its future purely because you've thrown the toys out of the pram at the ending of the Falcon. Get over it. Car models come and go. We've been lucky its lasted this long.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2016, 01:13 AM   #42
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
I hope Ford goes down the toilet
Aren't you on the wrong forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Falcon XR6 View Post

The cause of the fire has been investigated. It is not a related to the design of the Everest. The Everest is intrinsically a great car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flooded one View Post
Start actually caring for the people that got sold cars with dodgy transmissions and start treating people a little better after they have brought their brand new car. Do this and try to make sure every car is built correctly. (the occasional stuff up is ok because where all humans) admit when wrong and try to help the customer more when stuff does go wrong instead of palming them off. Do this and maybe in 10 years time Ford would truly have a image like Toyota does with reliability (not blandness hopefully)
You know, the stuff about the Powershift transmissions have got me baffled. I've driven a countless number of Powershift equipped Focuses and Fiestas as loan cars and it's never missed a beat. So it does make me wonder why so many people have reported problems with it. On the other hand, I personally know someone who had had to replace two clutches within the space of six months. He got frustrated and replaced the Focus with a Civic.

Nevertheless, Ford have now reverted to a traditional torque converter automatic for the LZ generation Focus. They've also increased the warranty on the Powershift transmissions from three years to five. If that's not admitting that they got it wrong and looking after customers who bought one, then what more do people expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
The sad thing is its people like you that will bad mouth the company and probably sink its future purely because you've thrown the toys out of the pram at the ending of the Falcon. Get over it. Car models come and go. We've been lucky its lasted this long.
Quoted for truth

Sick of the haters on here.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 01:40 AM   #43
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford, policy makers, and the public all failed Australia on this one

To let our auto manufacturing industry slip through our hands is unforgivable.

Firstly is the pure economic benefit of having an industry here vs pure import model. GDP is measured in the value that is added by a nations resources including human.
To all the comments saying what about Australians who continue to be employed by Ford after manufacturing disappears -
Ford are no longer any different to any other imported brand. To measure the economic impact on the country of car brands and "rate" them if you will would be all but impossible. You would have to dissect the whole process of each auto brand to see what production inputs went into delivering the final product. The car that is the best purchase for Australia's economy may very much surprise you. Who uses our raw materials, who uses our intermediate goods, who uses our IP, who has the biggest management footprint on our shores? Etc etc

What is for certain though, in terms of value add, and GDP created, is that manufacturing the cars here is king.

All that has gone offshore now. Sure, Ford will be more profitable, but Australia sure as **** won't.

Aside from all that what about the flow on effects that come from the auto sector? The education role the sector plays, to take just one example? Would you shut down a technical college if it was not profitable enough? How about a high school?
My sons will now be very unlikely to have a career in technical manufacturing, unless they leave the country. What if one of them grows up to take an interest in robotics for eg? He won't be doing it in Australia now.

What ***** me the most is half of all people don't seem to understand the impact their behaviour and attitude has on the country. The other half don't care.
Nobody gives a **** about buying Australian. If something made local doesn't suit then fine, you gotta import, but at least understand what that means and consider the local offerings. If it's more expensive to buy local, don't write it off. Think of it as an investment. I honestly would rather pay $4 for a tin of local food than $2 for foreign stuff. I honestly think less than 5% of the population agree.
We know the Government don't agree. Even if they did have the capability and the smarts to truly partner with our vehicle manufacturers, rather than just too and fro in the name of populist policy and never play a hand while the sector gets blinded away, surely to **** they could have just bought Aussie cars?
Too dear? So what. Not really suitable? So what? Make do, and know that of all government spending it would have been the most powerful
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 01:42 AM   #44
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Aren't you on the wrong forum?

aren't some of you guys in the wrong country?
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #45
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie
Maybe maybe not.
Fords imported range (except for ranger) are now low number sellers and i cant really see the Edge selling in big enough numbers to offset falcon/territory sales, especially with no diesel and no 7 seat option and to be honest the Everest hasnt really ignited the sales chart either (price related maybe?) despite being a good capable vehicle.
I'm pretty sure the European market Edge will be getting a diesel, which will also mean we will get it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome
Already in development.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #46
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I don't need to bad mouth Ford to sink them.
And yet it appears that you continue to do so at every opportunity

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #47
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Official figures for December 2015 ...http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...601ba0963f6918
Old 06-01-2016, 04:14 PM   #48
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm just saying what many people are thinking.
Iget the same flack, too!!!
Old 06-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Wonder how many were putting their money where there mouth is.....and i mean new.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #50
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations to Ford for a most amazing year.
Once again you have significantly beaten your nearest competitor Mercedes Benz.
High fives all round. Well Done.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 05:11 PM   #51
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cost of developing new car (platform ) is massive . It needs to be shared between multiple models , sedans ,wagons SUVs and many countries (markets). Then you have power train development to suit. Cars like Falcons ( as good as they are) are orphans in the global scheme of things .
Ford Australia kept developing the product with a limited budget - it is great to see that it lasted so long. It is a pity that completely new Falcon could not be developed on a world platform and manufacturing kept here with a sedan ,wagon and SUV combo to cover most of the market.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #52
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68 View Post
Cost of developing new car (platform ) is massive . It needs to be shared between multiple models , sedans ,wagons SUVs and many countries (markets). Then you have power train development to suit. Cars like Falcons ( as good as they are) are orphans in the global scheme of things .
Ford Australia kept developing the product with a limited budget - it is great to see that it lasted so long. It is a pity that completely new Falcon could not be developed on a world platform and manufacturing kept here with a sedan ,wagon and SUV combo to cover most of the market.
Know what you mean and although not RWD, they kinda have done just that.

Mondeo/Fusion available in sedan, hatch and wagon as well as Edge SUV all on a global platform and perform the same basic role that Falcon and Territory has (I know a Mondeo cant provide V8 or Ute fans a solution but in terms of size/features there is nothing in it).
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 PM   #53
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post

You know, the stuff about the Powershift transmissions have got me baffled. I've driven a countless number of Powershift equipped Focuses and Fiestas as loan cars and it's never missed a beat. So it does make me wonder why so many people have reported problems with it. On the other hand, I personally know someone who had had to replace two clutches within the space of six months. He got frustrated and replaced the Focus with a Civic.

Nevertheless, Ford have now reverted to a traditional torque converter automatic for the LZ generation Focus. They've also increased the warranty on the Powershift transmissions from three years to five. If that's not admitting that they got it wrong and looking after customers who bought one, then what more do people expect? .
the problem is not the extended warranty cover itself. Its honoring the warranty that's the problem. A lot of people are getting swept under the rug with this issue. I could understand if it was a few complaints here and then about the powershift transmission. yes things can go wrong and you do the idiots that do damage the cars themselves (Happens alot) but when you get 100's of complaints and people threatening to sue. It doesn't do the world of good for Ford's image. Its good they've done something but is it too late and is it enough??? People shouldn't be treated like garbage after spending their hard earned cashed on a brand new car. Regardless of make, model or specification
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 09:16 PM   #54
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why wasn't Powershift problems picked up in testing??? And rectified or cancelled????
Old 06-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #55
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

so just to amuse me Tempted and CSV8, how many new falcons or territories have you bought in the last few years?
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 11:22 PM   #56
xr6turboford

Quote:
Well if you know what I'm thinking I won't be reading anymore of your crap.
If you don't like what Ford are doing or the products there offering please feel free to leave the forum because I'm sick and tired of all the negative trash in nearly every post and for what it's worth l love my FORDS and I'm not going anywhere.
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #57
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People!!! Less chatting, more posting of figures. FFS...
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 12:52 AM   #58
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
so just to amuse me Tempted and CSV8, how many new falcons or territories have you bought in the last few years?
Fiesta Zetec WQ BF Mk 2 Ghia. Why ? My Ghia cost a lot more than a new G6E !!! B

Last edited by GasoLane; 07-01-2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #59
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford is not out of touch yet they've just recorded their worst yearly sales result since the 1960's??? Ok...
Good luck to them with their imported garbage because there is only one way they're going and that's down.

I don't need to bad mouth Ford to sink them. They seem to be doing a stellar job of that themselves.
Which are the best selling brands in Australia and what does their product range consist of?

What's your knowledge behind calling Fords imports garbage?

Do you think Ford Australia has had an image problem for a while or is it only since they've stopped using the Falcon?

How many NEW Fords have you purchased?
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #60
Trump
bitch lasagne

I think we need to take a breather.

What I think some of the posters are alluding to is that Ford is to blame for the situation it is in. The brand is toxic for multiple reasons (the "they all do that attitude", the general dealer experience, a non-existent marketing team, zero support from HQ to name just a few). Enthusiasts may know the worth of the actual product and espouse the virtues of said product on forums such as this one, but all Joe Public has to go on is what they see, hear and feel in a dealership.

Had Ford Australia (with the required support from HQ) taken the right measures, Falcon would still be moving 3,000 units a month, Ranger would be built here and outsell Hilux (with an export market to boot) and with an aftersales support system that was second to none.

But no, what we have is but a shell of the Blue Oval we once knew instead.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: