Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #31
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 
Default Re: I just saw some Mofo tip his old sump oil down a stormwater drain

Wow, some people really just don't give a **** do they?

I'm glad you won't be breeding Davo, I really am...So because BP has an industrial accident (which has consequently cost them millions), it's okay to dump sump oil down a storm water drain...great logic...

Muso, write the letter, and let him know it's been reported.

Edmund Burke said some years ago...The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing...

You've done what you can to advise of the BS that is the world we live in...there's not much else you can do, aside from letting him know that you've seen him do it.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 20-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #32
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Wow, some people really just don't give a **** do they?

I'm glad you won't be breeding Davo, I really am...So because BP has an industrial accident (which has consequently cost them millions), it's okay to dump sump oil down a storm water drain...great logic...

Muso, write the letter, and let him know it's been reported.

Edmund Burke said some years ago...The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing...

You've done what you can to advise of the BS that is the world we live in...there's not much else you can do, aside from letting him know that you've seen him do it.
I would advise against the letter. You may find that next time he bleeds his brakes the old fluid ends up on your car. Guess you wont mind though, as long as mother nature is ok and it doesnt kill a fish or 2.
Have all you hippies considered how much oil gets washed into a drain from the road everytime it rains? I think its rather funny he walked out of his house and presumably up the road to put it in a stormwater drain.
I also think its rather funny to see the OP's true colours, yep write a letter mate, thats how things happen, you sound like an old grandma whinging about everything. If it offended you that much (and it obviousely has) why didnt you go up to the bloke and stop him? You could have stopped it AND saved surely trillions of future generations from certain death! Im sick of all this greeny crap. I've urinated in the ocean before, dob me into the EPA aswell. Ive seen cars crashed where the a/c condensor leaked the gas out, better dob them in. I must have farted a good 20 times today, some were truly terrible, would you like to charge a fixed rate or a per tonne rate for my emissions? Get over it, mother nature gives it all back to us 10 fold anyway, luckily the only downside (in my opinion) from its last wrath is that the next toyota I buy will glow in the dark

Last edited by Jack91; 20-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 20-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #33
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually I find it funny that anyone who sees something wrong and reports it is labelled a hippy or someother stupid label.
Have you tried approaching some of the dregs out there and tell them hey mate your doing the wrong thing?
Usually with morons like them who openly break the law they wouldnt care less if being told off by a member of the public or worse still turn agro because he has a screw loose.

but hey who cares right? go have another beer and watch the footy...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 20-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #34
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
I would advise against the letter. You may find that next time he bleeds his brakes the old fluid ends up on your car. Guess you wont mind though, as long as mother nature is ok and it doesnt kill a fish or 2.
Have all you hippies considered how much oil gets washed into a drain from the road everytime it rains? I think its rather funny he walked out of his house and presumably up the road to put it in a stormwater drain.
I also think its rather funny to see the OP's true colours, yep write a letter mate, thats how things happen, you sound like an old grandma whinging about everything. If it offended you that much (and it obviousely has) why didnt you go up to the bloke and stop him? You could have stopped it AND saved surely trillions of future generations from certain death!
So purposely putting it there is completely okay in your eyes?

I would gather from what you've said that there is more than enough in the water without some moron adding to it...

It's got nothing to do with being green, and all about being responsible, just because you don't plan on breeding, doesn't mean people can't want the best for their kids futures...

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 20-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #35
Falcman0o7
Banned

davo your a twit.
Old 20-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #36
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

What a flog(Davo and the oil tipper),report it as said muso.This crap annoys me as I buy 50ltr purpose drums from Parramaount Browns to put all old stuff in and drop of to a collection depot each year.

+2,glad you dont plan on breeding,or is it inbreeding over there.....

Last edited by FreddyDUZ747; 20-05-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Not to be contradicting,do the right thing i suppose
Old 20-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #37
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Another added to ignore list.
Old 20-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #38
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Actually I find it funny that anyone who sees something wrong and reports it is labelled a hippy or someother stupid label.
Have you tried approaching some of the dregs out there and tell them hey mate your doing the wrong thing?
Usually with morons like them who openly break the law they wouldnt care less if being told off by a member of the public or worse still turn agro because he has a screw loose.

but hey who cares right? go have another beer and watch the footy...
No, but I wouldnt be offended by such a tiny thing, in fact, Id probably say something like "she's a bit dark, donk wants a rebuild mate" as I walked past.
Old 20-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #39
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

They walk among us!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 20-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #40
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxm
meh
it came out of the ground, it can go back in.............

/asbestos suit on ... )
lmfao!
Old 20-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #41
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Meh. 4 litres into a billion trillion litres of ocean. Doubt you'll notice it. Dont be such a dibber dobber.

Sigh.....

Old 20-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #42
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So i guess if someone came along and poured oil on your car Davo it wouldnt matter either... awesome

Old 20-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #43
buggo
[BU66OS]

I think 'the line' has been crossed here, can't see this getting pretty

BA XR8 Manual
Old 20-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #44
Falcman0o7
Banned

Or if it was placed in his drinking water. It's ok ay...
Old 20-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #45
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

delete...

Last edited by pottery beige; 20-05-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #46
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
I also think its rather funny to see the OP's true colours, yep write a letter mate, thats how things happen, you sound like an old grandma whinging about everything. If it offended you that much (and it obviousely has) why didnt you go up to the bloke and stop him? You could have stopped it AND saved surely trillions of future generations from certain death! Im sick of all this greeny crap. I've urinated in the ocean before, dob me into the EPA aswell. Ive seen cars crashed where the a/c condensor leaked the gas out, better dob them in. I must have farted a good 20 times today, some were truly terrible, would you like to charge a fixed rate or a per tonne rate for my emissions? Get over it, mother nature gives it all back to us 10 fold anyway, luckily the only downside (in my opinion) from its last wrath is that the next toyota I buy will glow in the dark

I wish I had enough hair to be a hippy I am actually an average bloke, I love hot women, I'm into bikes, train in boxing and some MMA etc.
I love my car and want more power and am ****ed about the restriction the stock cat causes, with a high flow cat (pref 100cell) I can make close to 300 rwkw's on 10 psi, it's only that bloody stock cat converter holding me back, my cars got lpg liquid injection LPG you could run it inside your house and still be ok and yet the law says that I still need a bloody cat converter That Sucks!

So much for me being a Hippy

Contrary to your inaccurate critique I'm an average bloke with four fanatastic kids and a hot Mrs I'm a musician (hence the user name) and have played with local bands off and on since the early 90's.

Brake fluid on my car????? Do you think I am going to park in his driveway and personally deliver the letter If I do write a letter I would post it.

And before you say I'm a coward for not facing him, from life's experience I have learned that arguing with an idiot is an exercise in futility.

My main concern is that he doesn't keep dumping his used oil down the storm water drain, and if a simple innocuous letter will stop him from doing it again that's good enough for me

Chill out Davo
Old 20-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #47
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
So i guess if someone came along and poured oil on your car Davo it wouldnt matter either... awesome
As usual, things tend to go straight over your head.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #48
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
man up there fred... throw your number up as well....
Its alright mate, noone will ring anyway.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #49
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh so breaking the law is only an offence if it affects you personally or your possesions? To hell with mother nature...? To hell with doing the right thing?

Yes waaaay over my head indeed.

Old 20-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #50
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
man up there fred... throw your number up as well....
It will be in one of my for sale threads if anyone needs it.

Whats your point btw
Old 20-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #51
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
I wish I had enough hair to be a hippy I am actually an average bloke, I love hot women, I'm into bikes, train in boxing and some MMA etc.
I love my car and want more power and am ****ed about the restriction the stock cat causes, with a high flow cat (pref 100cell) I can make close to 300 rwkw's on 10 psi, it's only that bloody stock cat converter holding me back, my cars got lpg liquid injection LPG you could run it inside your house and still be ok and yet the law says that I still need a bloody cat converter That Sucks!

So much for me being a Hippy

Contrary to your inaccurate critique I'm an average bloke with four fanatastic kids and a hot Mrs I'm a musician (hence the user name) and have played with local bands off and on since the early 90's.

Brake fluid on my car????? Do you think I am going to park in his driveway and personally deliver the letter If I do write a letter I would post it.

And before you say I'm a coward for not facing him, from life's experience I have learned that arguing with an idiot is an exercise in futility.

My main concern is that he doesn't keep dumping his used oil down the storm water drain, and if a simple innocuous letter will stop him from doing it again that's good enough for me

Chill out Davo
says it all.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #52
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Meh. 4 litres into a billion trillion litres of ocean. Doubt you'll notice it. Dont be such a dibber dobber.

Your probably spot on their Dave. A litre of crude oil emits the equivalent of 2 kilograms of co2, so he was basically only dumping 8 kilo's of co2, Roughly the same co2 emissions as driving 32 kilometres in a Falcon or Commodore.

Oh my god, every Adult Australian probably already dumps the equivalent of 4 litres of oil into the atmosphere each day. Lucky we dont breath the air.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #53
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
As usual, things tend to go straight over your head.

Far out Davo.....6 billion sperm and you won the race....WTF
Old 20-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #54
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
No I dont have kids and I never will.
Good thing too because apparently some bloke just poured 4 litres of engine oil down a drain and the kids would die anyway.

<snip>
most funniest thing i heard all day!

Deadset this thread has gone off the rails...

Subaru Outback '02
Old 20-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #55
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

[QUOTE=Sezzy]

Yeah that's a great quote Sezzy, and so true, I love quotes, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Ben Franklin had some wonderful quotes well worth noting, google either of them they were brilliant men!
Old 20-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #56
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
Yeah that's a great quote Sezzy, and so true, I love quotes, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Ben Franklin had some wonderful quotes well worth noting, google either of them they were brilliant men!
Yeah, I'm a lit junkie so I've seen their stuff

Henry Ford has some good ones too

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 20-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #57
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

At least Davo and I agree on one thing, old Ford V8's are great, I'd love one!
Old 20-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #58
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
No I dont have kids and I never will.
Good thing too because apparently some bloke just poured 4 litres of engine oil down a drain and the kids would die anyway.

Cant even fart these days without some eco hippy saying its bad for the environment. When was the last time the environment did anything for you?
Good on you Davo - even if you're being serious, I think you're funny. I understand your sentiment (everything is so PC these days it's not funny), but putting oil down the stormwater is not good (which you've already stated you wouldn't do anyway.......)

To the OP - a typed letter in an envelope in his letterbox might just do the trick.

Quote:
No, but I wouldnt be offended by such a tiny thing, in fact, Id probably say something like "she's a bit dark, donk wants a rebuild mate" as I walked past.
In the words of Cold chisel (Jimmy) "F'n classic". LOL

I'm not scoring this thread, but if I were, Davo 10, everyone else 0 - he is having a good laugh at you all.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 20-05-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #59
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Yeah, I'm a lit junkie so I've seen their stuff

Henry Ford has some good ones too

Henry Ford was also brilliant......"I want an 8 cylinder engine cast in the one block, don't ask me how just tell me when you've done it"

Something like that anyway
Old 20-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #60
ray38l

Some people need to harden up. Im guessing everyone who is so angry about someone doing this has never littered and drives the most environmentally friendly car possible. Fair enough the guy shouldn't have poured it down the drain but its happened get over it. I cant understand everyone's over reaction to it. Everyone on here must be saints.
Closed Thread