Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate07
Prove that there is no god.
It's the other way around, but then again we don't speak religion here, i am sure there are 100's of sites that deal with with this arguement.

However it were permitted to discuss this as adults here i would be more than happy to place up some questions / answers but in reality id think it would last 5 minutes
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Quote:
Prove that there is no god.
Now thats a question potentialy opening yourself up to insult..... I dont think you'll apreciate what I have to say if I expanded on this matter so Ill just leave it at the following...

with an argument/debate on any other subject, you normaly need to proove that something IS THERE, not the otherway around. and other than old wives tales and mythology, there is no proof supporting your case.

Otherwise we might aswell all say "proove that there is no Easter Bunny".
Now from your stance here, we have speculation and mythology to support that ester bunny exists, Does that mean the Easter Bunny lives?? ofcourse not!
Old 29-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Nate07

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo_yobbo
Now thats a question potentialy opening yourself up to insult..... I dont think you'll apreciate what I have to say if I expanded on this matter so Ill just leave it at the following...

with an argument/debate on any other subject, you normaly need to proove that something IS THERE, not the otherway around. and other than old wives tales and mythology, there is no proof supporting your case.

Otherwise we might aswell all say "proove that there is no Easter Bunny".
Now from your stance here, we have speculation and mythology to support that ester bunny exists, Does that mean the Easter Bunny lives?? ofcourse not!
There are archaeological artifacts to prove that the bible is true...
Nate07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
i dont think this thread is about debating the bible mate . each to their own in what they believe . how come millions of people can witness ufos flying over thier city, and get clear footage of it , and yet , no one even hear of such an event, or it be laughed off as a hoax . can we not believe , anything anymore , which now seems to be the way it is . quite close to illusiveness .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
True or not it doesn't matter.
Ford Forums is full of different people from different backgrounds who worship many idol's from God to the Cookie monster.

They will never all agree whom is right/wrong so best to just leave it out of threads so as not to get them locked.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Push your barrow elsewhere. Three attempts now to de-rail the thread. Maybe www.godisgreat.com has a forum where you can discuss this?
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #7
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Quote:
Like what!! there may be archialogical artifacts to suggest that your good book is based on, or distantly related to real life events, but that in no way prooves truth at all!!

How many movies have we all seen (about Aliens even!) that have been based on the true real life events that distort the story and show the playwrites perspective.

IE: a man sees a tin can fly through the sky, thats all he sees, and he thinks to himself "that could be an alien" and he tells his friend the movie maker.
-The movie maker makes his movie about green men from planet oberwong on the adelisent galaxy of youranus.
-a million years later, people dig up and find this blokes movie which was "based on a real life event experienced by joe bloggs". next to the buried movie was a toombstone reading, RIP, here lies joe bloggs (who just so happens to be star of the alien movie).
Thats archialogical evidience alright, but it doesnt mean the contents of the film are the truth. On the other foot it doesnt mean that the contents of the film are not possible, but it just doesnt proove a thing!
Old 29-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

The original post sounds like scientology.

I am a born cynic, and therefore, by default a sceptic as well.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
gozza

This is interesting too

http://wanderling.tripod.com/la_ufo.html
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

well if you believe we're the only ones in the whole universe... You probably should stop taking those drugs :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #11
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
well if you believe we're the only ones in the whole universe...
What he said, it is near on stupid if you believe we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe, we dont even know how big it is.
Old 29-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #12
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Well it sounds like john lears is a nut, and crackpots like that should not be allowed to watch the conspiracy channel, ledalone star on it. having said that, the possibilities of Alien life existing, far outweighs the chance that we're all there is to the universe. Do I believe all these other nuts that think they visit the earth and abduct people? NO!

Fact: People are real (most of them)

Highley Likeley: Aliens are real

Fact: Ghosts are not real

Unlikeley: Aliens visit earth, and UFO's are actualy alien spacecraft

Fact: Angels, Deamons, Supreme beings, Gods, and santa clause are not real (but st nick and jesus were - they just dont have superman powers).

Likeley: There are many different Alien lifeforms some of which are far less inteligent or capable than us, and some of which are far more intelligent and capable than us.

Fact: Man visited the moon, we do not have alien technology!

Likeley: The government(s) of the world probably have top secret offence/defence technology that people have spotted in testing thinking it is Alien UFO's

Fact: The tooth fairy is real, shes your mum, and I visited the tooth fairy last night. Say hi to her for me!
Old 29-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #13
get_an_ea_today
Festoon This!!!

I would like to believe the whole venus thing cause that would be cool but without any proof, its just to hard to believe.

Matt
get_an_ea_today is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #14
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

I cant believe how quickly the flared responses came to that!!! haha
Old 29-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #15
gtfpv
GT

it gets more interesting by the minute .
the funny thing though , is this guy JOHN LEAR , is a renound citizin that has a very high profile, and has had jobs that only the elite , highly inteligent people would aspire too . i guess him stateing things like this , would be more credibal than your wifes aunties 1/2 sisters gay lover .
wouldnt people agree.
Old 29-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #16
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
is this guy JOHN LEAR , is a renound citizin that has a very high profile, and has had jobs that only the elite , highly inteligent people would aspire too . i guess him stateing things like this , would be more credibal than your wifes aunties 1/2 sisters gay lover .
wouldnt people agree.
unless your wifes aunties 1/2 sisters gay lover was JOHN LEAR
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
unless your wifes aunties 1/2 sisters gay lover was JOHN LEAR
believe me , i've seen worse, unless he has smoked a cochroach through a cone . now back on topic
Old 29-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
sexr6tasy
Banned

If ya cant trust the president of America to tell you the truth about aliens and flying saucers who can ya trust aye ;) oh wait :(
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #19
XWGT