Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #31
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
This is unbelievable. Soon enough it will be shoot to kill.

www.news.com.au
YOU TUBE LINK
I don't understand what's unbelievable about it? Regardles if he considered it unfair to be removed from the premisis for whatever reason (it's hardly clear as to why) he clearly resisted the officers. He was warned he was going to be tazed and he still resisted. He was tazed.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #32
HLC
Audi S3

it comes down to use of excessive force.

those 2 female cops could have tazer'd him and noone would have blinked an eyelid. its after those big burly blokes and a couple of others stepped in to hold him down and THEN tazer'd him that questions can be made of whether it was really neccessary or not.
Old 18-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #33
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Non lethal force, an option when someone violently resists, why risk injury to police members when other options such as tazers exist?
Old 18-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #34
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sure he was being a smartarse.. we get it, but when comfronted he was willing to leave, and said he'd walk straight out.. 4 cops onto top of a kid, one looking like he weighed in at 300lbs.. the use of the taser was over the top. Its been caught on tape and hopefully not only have alot of kids learnt a lesson or two, but whoever bought out the taser is fired. Over the top.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #35
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Free speech does not equal disrupting an organised event. Free speech is organising your own. That was not free speech.

He was asked to leave, he should have left. The public are expected to obey lawful commands of enforcement officers. If the order to leave was unlawul, there is a right and wrong place to make that argument and it isnt where he chose.

Parents, this is what happens when you fill your kids heads with cr4p. This tool cant believe anyone had the audacity to lay a hand on him. Teach your kids they are great, but teach them boundaries. That tool thinks he is still in elementary school.
Run for PM, you'll get my vote, absolutely spot on
Old 18-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #36
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Sure he was being a smartarse.. we get it, but when comfronted he was willing to leave, and said he'd walk straight out.. 4 cops onto top of a kid, one looking like he weighed in at 300lbs.. the use of the taser was over the top. Its been caught on tape and hopefully not only have alot of kids learnt a lesson or two, but whoever bought out the taser is fired. Over the top.
Willing to leave my ar$e, looked to me he was trying to get to the stage area.
Maybe I saw a different film clip????
Old 18-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #37
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Willing to leave my ar$e, looked to me he was trying to get to the stage area.
Maybe I saw a different film clip????
He had a couple of Cops gunning for him, and went in other direction. Easy.
Old 18-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #38
kremmen

don't resist arrest, it hurts too much.

I like the guy laughing in the background
Old 18-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #39
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Run for PM, you'll get my vote, absolutely spot on
If I was going to shovel 5hit, Id become a plumber.
Quote:
He refused to leave. He only agreed to leave once that option had expired. Its like trying to pay for an item, after youve left the store with it down your pants. By that time he was being arrested for resisting police/security, leaving is no longer an option.

You can lie to your wife, and hope she forgives you. Lie to a court, and youre gone. There are places and situations where you dont get second chances. He found one.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #40
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Other direction? He was all over the place. No respect for no-one. Listen to me , listen to me.......um NOOOOOOO dont tase MEEEEEEEE. Arrrrgggghhhhh im dobbin , im dobbin.
Hes the type at the front of APEC protests. That abuse and assault our finest. Its a bout time our coppers hardened the F$&k up and introduced that stuff here. :

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #41
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kerry was going to answer his questions.. so why the need to do any of this, humour the kid, then let him leave with sour look on his face.

So he offered to leave, after the option had expired.. still he was going to walk, still this isnt a gunman shooting off rounds, he's a 21 year old kid with a bit of a mouth. Still no reason to taser the kid, US media is going to have field day over this.
Old 18-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #42
Krakey
love thy ford

LOL damn hippies
Old 18-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #43
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh man that kid was a douche. good work by the cops
Old 18-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #44
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Kerry was going to answer his questions.. so why the need to do any of this, humour the kid, then let him leave with sour look on his face.

So he offered to leave, after the option had expired.. still he was going to walk, still this isnt a gunman shooting off rounds, he's a 21 year old kid with a bit of a mouth. Still no reason to taser the kid, US media is going to have field day over this.
Kerry doesnt run the security aspect, the officers do, it was their call. As pointed out earlier,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAVv...elated&search=

"... this guy basically comes running in with 4 or 5 cops in tow and says he has been running around trying to get in to ask a question and the cops are going to arrest him for it.... "
If he had a legitimate question, it may be different. If he just left after asking his question, that he burst in to ask, he would be fine. He resisted, end story. Its not the question that led to being tasered, its the failure to obey a lawful command and physically preventing it being enforced. It would be remiss to let him go sending the wrong message.

If he was a gunman shooting off rounds, Id expect his head to be all over the walls, not going owie owie, dont tase me.
Old 18-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #45
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like conspiracy theorists but I like police less, so I'm torn.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #46
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Perhaps they should have cracked his head open with their battons as well. How dare he have the gall to protest.
Old 18-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #47
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't see how that warranted that sort of force.

Resist arrest or not, those cops must be pretty hopeless if they could not detain that person without the use of a tazer especially when they had no weapon and were already on the ground :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #48
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Being an obnoxious git is not a crime. If it was, half this forum would be in jail, the other half, on remand awaiting trial.

4 officers do not need to tazer an unarmed whiney assed teenager lying prone on the ground to do their job. Thats not risk mitigation, thats called excessive force.

And for all the superheros demanding this sort of nazi like crap in this country, pray to your individual gods that you NEVER have to end up at the pointy end of a protest, or forbid, stand up for your own rights, and no, not the rights some benevolent 3 foot high dictator deigns to grant, but those you stand up for and take.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #49
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Being an obnoxious git is not a crime. If it was, half this forum would be in jail, the other half, on remand awaiting trial.

4 officers do not need to tazer an unarmed whiney assed teenager lying prone on the ground to do their job. Thats not risk mitigation, thats called excessive force.

And for all the superheros demanding this sort of nazi like crap in this country, pray to your individual gods that you NEVER have to end up at the pointy end of a protest, or forbid, stand up for your own rights, and no, not the rights some benevolent 3 foot high dictator deigns to grant, but those you stand up for and take.
It wasnt a protest, it was a conspiracy nut. From what Ive heard he was 21, not a teenager. He wasnt tased for asking questions, he was tased for refusing a lawful command and resisting arrest.

Tasing is SOP in the US when you continue to struggle against officers while on the ground. You get warnings, you comply, you dont, you get no more warnings or chances. Seems fair enough to me in a gun society.

Lets not confuse this with ANZAC spirit.
Old 18-09-2007, 11:52 PM   #50
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:

I have often been at the pointy end (the one being yelled at) of protests. Fortunately all peacefull. Mind you, eggs thrown at your car is not pleasant. But I would never support ANY law that restricts our citizens right to protest...... That is why I find scenes like this one quite disturbing.
Old 18-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #51
aye you
The Origional, The Best

@ BOSMAN, our boys have now got stun guns, well in the NT they do, i seen them use one the other night on a drunk long grasser who was beating up his missus, dropped him like a sack o' from a good 10m. the boys then casually strolled up and cuffed him, better that shooting the bugger
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #52
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

[QUOTE=aye you, better that shooting the bugger[/QUOTE]

Some might argue with you there!!
Old 19-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #53
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
It wasnt a protest, it was a conspiracy nut. From what Ive heard he was 21, not a teenager. He wasnt tased for asking questions, he was tased for refusing a lawful command and resisting arrest.

Tasing is SOP in the US when you continue to struggle against officers while on the ground. You get warnings, you comply, you dont, you get no more warnings or chances. Seems fair enough to me in a gun society.

Lets not confuse this with ANZAC spirit.
His age is irrelevant
The venue is irrelevant
his views are irrelevant

I can write an SOP that makes it legal for an officer to shove a live hampster up someones *** if he resists arrest, but it doesnt make it right nor just.

Lets put this simply, crowd controllers at concerts deal with more dangerous individuals than this dude, 4 cops cant control this hysterical fool without a tazer? Please.

ANZAC spirit has sweet feck all to do with anything. This is about indivuduals, not nations. The people in this country are becomming sheep.

Dont break the rules, dont run on the grass. Bend over and be tazed at regular intervals.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #54
aye you
The Origional, The Best

lol true
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:11 AM   #55
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:22 AM   #56
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
His age is irrelevant
The venue is irrelevant
his views are irrelevant

I can write an SOP that makes it legal for an officer to shove a live hampster up someones *** if he resists arrest, but it doesnt make it right nor just.

Lets put this simply, crowd controllers at concerts deal with more dangerous individuals than this dude, 4 cops cant control this hysterical fool without a tazer? Please.

ANZAC spirit has sweet feck all to do with anything. This is about indivuduals, not nations. The people in this country are becomming sheep.

Dont break the rules, dont run on the grass. Bend over and be tazed at regular intervals.

100% agree.

If what the guy had done had warranted being tazered I'd have no problems with it. What did he actually do wrong? Why was he under arrest?

Even not being of the law enforcement profession, I can make the judgement that it was uncalled for as I have my own eyes to see for myself!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #57
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
100% agree.

If what the guy had done had warranted being tazered I'd have no problems with it. What did he actually do wrong? Why was he under arrest?

Even not being of the law enforcement profession, I can make the judgement that it was uncalled for as I have my own eyes to see for myself!
Same here. I must admit I was a tad taken back by the number of posts here baying for blood. Perhaps they might see things differently if they are ever on the recieving end of police brutality.
Were they real cops?? Are university cops real cops? Or are they academy drop outs..... ? That might answer alot of questions.
Old 19-09-2007, 12:39 AM   #58
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The question is what had he done prior, to warrent 5 cops following him in there anyway?
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #59
MattyJ

What an absolute toss.. All talk and dosent know when to give up - they should have used the battons.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #60
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Absoloute Joke..

His Views dont matter, His Age dont matter. The point is they used violence against him when he wasnt been violent. They used a weapon on him when he wasnt being violent... Every time everyone who calls for our Police to have more power I point to not wanting to come to the stage US Police are...Classic Example.

Hate to see what they would do if you looked at them the wrong way.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post