Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #31
mattl
Live Life To Full BOOOST!

Daniel,

I'm off work for 4 weeks and got a daily you can borrow if you want? I won't need it as i only drive it to work and back..let us know if your keen chief! I'm in Kensington!! Plus i got my XR6T to drive if i get desperate..

Call me if you wanna know more..0434 990 798!

But yeh that is screwed and best of luck getting it back!

Edit: Phone batteries dead, just send us a PM mate!
mattl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #32
Otto
Starter Motor

REVS Check a phone call away - and at $11 its a lot cheaper! You can ask the finance company how much the previous owner owes and pay them the balance..thats all you can do. You can track the seller down and give the address details to the debt collector!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #33
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattl
Daniel,

I'm off work for 4 weeks and got a daily you can borrow if you want? I won't need it as i only drive it to work and back..let us know if your keen chief! I'm in Kensington!! Plus i got my XR6T to drive if i get desperate..

Call me if you wanna know more..0434 990 798!

You my mate, are a dead set CHAMPION!!!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #34
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
You my mate, are a dead set CHAMPION!!!
i was thinking the same thing

would be a better world if more people were like that

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #35
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Daniel,

Call me if you wanna know more..!

mate that is about the most generous thing ive ever seen but i think ill be ok. i just have to get to the weekend scabbing lifts then my parents said they will buy me a boonger car til its all sorted. i appreciate the gesture, you are a legend!

daniel

mods:
debadged
Xenon headlights

plans:

rims
dumped
tint
exhaust

www.bseries.com.au/getaway
danieleast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #36
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

That really sucks mate, hope it all works out.

Close friend of mine has actually just had a similar thing happen - a good friend of hers asked her to be a guarantor on their loan, being close she did it no worries.

Her friend has now skipped town, knowing full well that she's on her 3rd bout of cancer in as many years, and doesn't have a bright outlook.

Repo company rolls up to her house, saying they either have to take her car, or empty her house.

She explained the situation with them and also explained she can't take any more financial strain given her medical costs, and although they didn't really care at first, once she said she'd phoned her story through to ACA (hey it is quite compelling!), they've offered to reduce the debt down to 1/3 of it's original, and arranged a payment plan.

They are actually still negotiating, but things are now looking good for her.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #37
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

That is the lousiest thing I have heard of for a while. Such a shitty thing that is. I hope ya get the bugger and kick his ar5e.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #38
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
My brother inlaw had a car through Esanda finance which he defaulted on.
They sent out a repo guy who said he was there to take posession of the car, the brother in law said the car wasn't going anywhere and the repo guy left.
he got a summonds in the mail a few weeks later and when he went to court the judge said he could pay them $40 a fortnight and keep the car.
good luck to your brother-in-law in the future if he needs finance!!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #39
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
That is the lousiest thing I have heard of for a while. Such a shitty thing that is. I hope ya get the bugger and kick his ar5e.
i know his name and where he lives i cant do anything to him or ill end up in jail and the police will know its me.

mods:
debadged
Xenon headlights

plans:

rims
dumped
tint
exhaust

Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #40
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieleast
i know his name and where he lives i cant do anything to him or ill end up in jail and the police will know its me.
Did they say for how long?
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #41
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Knowing is not enough to charge you mate, they will need to proove it. Just remember if you & a mate go round to sort things out that you toss all clothes & shoes after. You'll never see a cent other wise.
thats what i keep telling my mum but she seems too think the courts will work shes delusional. i can have what i want in 20 mins. rather than 2-3 years!

mods:
debadged
Xenon headlights

plans:

rims
dumped
tint
exhaust

Old 09-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #42
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
thats what i keep telling my mum but she seems too think the courts will work shes delusional. i can have what i want in 20 mins. rather than 2-3 years!
If it goes to court he'll say he's broke & has nothing worth taking, they'll order him to pay you $5o a week for X amount of weeks. 4 weeks later he'll tell u to bugger off, it'll take you god knows how long to get him back to court and in the end you'll see SFA....
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #43
danieleast
Chiller...

Quote:
If it goes to court he'll say he's broke & has nothing worth taking, they'll order him to pay you $5o a week for X amount of weeks. 4 weeks later he'll tell u to bugger off, it'll take you god knows how long to get him back to court and in the end you'll see SFA....
thats what the copper told me but mum rekons otherwise

mods:
debadged
Xenon headlights

plans:

rims
dumped
tint
exhaust

Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #44
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Well you know wat has to be done if you wanna see your money again.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #45
Kryton

and by going around to his house is going to prove what?
do you honestly believe he even has any money?
going on the fact he sold a car under finance, he probably didnt have money to pay for it in the first place. he took your money and has probably already spent it. (even if he hasnt and its sitting in the bank, as soon as you take him to the bank to get money out - kidnapping straight up).
going to his house will not get your car back, it will not get your money back, it WILL get you in a world of shyt and thats about it. (even if you did take any money from him, you would find yourself charged with theft, break and enter etc etc)
do things legally, and youll have more of a chance of keeping your name clean and seeing the car again.
youve had a whole day to do something about the situation, what have you done today and what was the response from the companies youve talked to?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #46
mattl
Live Life To Full BOOOST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
going on the fact he sold a car under finance, he probably didnt have money to pay for it in the first place. he took your money and has probably already spent it. (even if he hasnt and its sitting in the bank, as soon as you take him to the bank to get money out - kidnapping straight up).
going to his house will not get your car back, it will not get your money back, it WILL get you in a world of shyt and thats about it. (even if you did take any money from him, you would find yourself charged with theft, break and enter etc etc)
do things legally, and youll have more of a chance of keeping your name clean and seeing the car again.
youve had a whole day to do something about the situation, what have you done today and what was the response from the companies youve talked to?

Exactly right, couldn't agree anymore!!

Don't be silly, sort the issue out legally mate! Like stated just above, going to his house will resolve nothing. He will obviously have little to no money or else he would of paid of the finance. I understand all to well how frustrated and angry you must be right now, but just wait and deal with it in the courts mate. Trust me!

Your only young (i presume because your doing an apprenticeship) you do NOT want a bad record which contains break & entering, assault, theft and what other little charges they lay on you!! Just settle it with the courts mate..you'll be a lot better of! The police are aware of the situation and will be charging him..just deal with it in the courts mate, can't stress this enough!!
mattl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #47
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
So you just let them take the car?

As far as i know it is illegal for a repo co. to come on to private property and take the car without a court order.
You should have told them to get a court hearing and summonds you at which point you could put your case across to a neutral party.
It's legal , it wasn't a simple recovery it was asked for and surrendered ... shoulda said NO but to late now .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #48
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Exactly right, couldn't agree anymore!!

Don't be silly, sort the issue out legally mate! Like stated just above, going to his house will resolve nothing. He will obviously have little to no money or else he would of paid of the finance. I understand all to well how frustrated and angry you must be right now, but just wait and deal with it in the courts mate. Trust me!

Your only young (i presume because your doing an apprenticeship) you do NOT want a bad record which contains break & entering, assault, theft and what other little charges they lay on you!! Just settle it with the courts mate..you'll be a lot better of!
Like i said the courts will be able to do SFA to help him, everyone i have seen sit and wait for the courts to help them is still waiting. The people who took matters into their own hands either have all or most of their money back.

Do not enter his house as home invasion is a good wack (8+), don't steal anything as it can be tracked back if he does ring the cops. Assult if they can proove it, highly unlikely if your smart.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #49
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Knowing is not enough to charge you mate, they will need to proove it. Just remember if you & a mate go round to sort things out that you toss all clothes & shoes after. You'll never see a cent other wise.
You realise the whole world knows you made this stupid suggestion and will be culpable if he did ?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #50
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
I'm sure if you took everything in his house that wasn't bolted down to cashies you could recoup some of the $8grand

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #51
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You should be able to get a lean on him for 5 to 7 years , garnish his wages and all income.... might take a while but you will get recovery although I suspect the finance boys stitched you up
Old 09-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #52
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
You realise the whole world knows you made this stupid suggestion and will be culpable if he did ?
Grow up, seriously. He's old enough to make his own decision's, weather they be right or wrong in some peoples eyes.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #53
Kryton

Quote:
Grow up, seriously. He's old enough to make his own decision's, weather they be right or wrong in some peoples eyes.
so why do you keep telling him to break the law then?
do you want him to get arrested?
that IS what will happen.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #54
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are going to go to jail, you might as well as make it worth it ;)

Nah just kidding, After he spends some time in the lockup i'm sure he'll be quick smart to pay you off.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #55
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
so why do you keep telling him to break the law then?
do you want him to get arrested?
that IS what will happen.
Because thats the only way he'll see his money again, been there done that myself. Have had many mates in the same situation, the guys who let it go through court are still waiting for their money. He doesn't have to take my advice if he doesnt want to, if i told you to jump off a cliff would you ?. Does that then make me culable of murder lol.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #56
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
If you are going to go to jail, you might as well as make it worth it ;)

Nah just kidding, After he spends some time in the lockup i'm sure he'll be quick smart to pay you off.
Lockup for what, i bet the guy doesnt even get a kick in the ar$e for it.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #57
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the guy actually going to a real jail, or just a police holding cell? If its a real jail he will change his mind quick smart. Would you like to be in a complex with murderers, rapists etc etc?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #58
Kryton

Quote:
Because thats the only way he'll see his money again
and hows that? (assume he even has the money to start with)
as soon as he takes money from the guy, the guy just has to tell the cops he was intimidated/threatened with his life blah blah blah and he stole the money from him.
he isnt going to see squat if he goes around there except maybe the back of a divvy van.

EDIT: isnt this guy already locked up anyway?
if he is, go around there and do anything and its definitely break and enter/burglary.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #59
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Can we just settle down here?

There is some sound counsel in this thread but also some of the fringe dwellers are having their two cents worth as well and it would be a shame to see it closed because of the latter.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #60
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

just go around and speak with the guy, he may give you everything he owns to recoup what he owes you.. just check it's not under finance hey hehe
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post