Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #31
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

i take the battle swift to the shops its a small car and people open doors on to it,it has a dint in every panel ,2 year old .shopping trolley dint in the tailgate ,and the postie hit it a couple days ago and put a gouge in the tailgate as well ,and didnt bother telling me.we were gunna patch it up but i think we will wait till i trade .as for my 4WD i got side steps so morons in cars can dint their moron doors on .didnt stop the kids up the street trying to rip my badges off with a stick ,gets me all wound up but not a lot you can do until you catch em
Old 14-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #32
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

1) Some moron in a piece of junk will park 3 inches from you and open their door into you
2) A different moron and his 67 mates will park next to you a cover your car with dirt, fingerprints, cigarette butts and drool
3) If there is one way traffic a moron in a 4wd will park on the oncoming side and have the back of his vehicle sticking out so there is no chance whatsover of you seeing oncoming traffic
4) If there is driveway going to a busy road a moron in a 4wd will always park in the road space closest to driveway so as to block any view of oncoming traffic.
5) within a week of buying a car bra as you're planning some long distance driving your front bar will be hit not once, but twice.
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #33
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

carparks avoid them at all costs like others have said you can park right over the back and sure enough when you return a pos will be next to you.

Try to park on an end so atleast one side is safe
Don't park next to anything with a baby seat in it.
Try to park with the line down the centre of the car so you take up 2 spaces but this ticks some people off.
Park next to another GT or Clubbie you know they are not going to swap paint with you.
My preferance is park on the street and walk the exercise will do you good.
The only panel damage on my car is the lower part of front air dam from scraping along the ground and I would like to keep it that way for as long as I can.

Quote:
i take the battle swift
Wish I had one of those.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #34
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute
Why do people always have to park next to someone when there's lots of empty parking spots?? What's the psychology behind it i wonder..
Yeah its true.... maybe its something about car thefts & thefts from inside the vehicle... my old man told me this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftie Sr
"If you park next to a car that looks more expensive than yours, then nobody will want to pinch it, or steal something from it...."
Its a bit like the public toilets, or pub toilets, or any multiple toilet situation. The MOST used toilet in any MENS or WOMENS toilet is the cubicle furtherest from the entry door, and the most used part of a mens urinal is the furthest corner from the entry room.
Try it... next time you do happen to go to a public toilet anywhere. Use the toilet closest to the entry door, it will have the most toilet paper, and will be the cleanest.... because people seldom use it.... and the one furthest will be filthy and no paper, and p1ss all over the floor....

Its a science, its not a theory... A bit like 4Vman's list 'earlier post'
Old 14-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #35
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel for you mate....Mid December got in my car after being parked at Westfield Miranda to find a dirty big scrape on the RH side of the front bar of my GT and a crack below the headlight....Obviously the person on my right pulled out and in doing so turned too sharply to the left...Quote for repair $4-$500...no details left...was in a filthy mood for a week but I'm over worrying about it
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #36
capriv8

Has anyone noticed that car spaces at shopping centres are getting smaller our local resized theres a couple of years ago to fit a couple of extra bays in at the end.
capriv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #37
marksxr8
xr8 Dam fun in the wet

hearin ya on this one, i will always try to avoid takin the ford into town always take the wifes subee in with its dirty ole paint and if we are in the ford and i have to park i always aim to park next to the most expensive thing i can find just to try and eliminate this problem,the paint on the xr is thin enough as it is!!!
marksxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #38
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant
All you can do is put the boot into their door if their still there.
Thats really intelligent, what if the person who has done the damage has driven off and someone else has come along and parked there and your kicking the bejesus out of there car
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #39
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Tell you what I do, I put my hand around the edge of my door so that if I need to open it fully my hand rests against the other car not leaving a mark.
I have 3 kids and definitely don't damage other cars even old bombs when I get my kids out of the car. I am aware if there is wind around that might blow the door open further etc.

If you park next to me (even 10 cm away from my door) I will not damage your car one bit. I'd get out the other side. Shame others don't realise that cars aren't just a bit of metal to get around in. Some people its a pride and joy thing, others make a living from them but its all about respecting other property.

If I owned a shopping centre I'd have cameras everywhere and have a little booth in the middle of the shopping centre walkways so people can come up and ask for evidence of people damaging their cars.
Old 14-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #40
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute
Why do people always have to park next to someone when there's lots of empty parking spots?? What's the psychology behind it i wonder..

People will park next to a nicely kept car, because they assume the owner will be careful with their door.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #41
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
What is it with that?

Ive often parked considerable distance from the shops and other vehicles on the other side of a car park only to return to find it flanked by 2 S/boxes either side.. usually "hugging" the marked line... miles from everyone else, car park still empty... its like your car attracts piles of junk!!!!
So so true, if i HAVE to park in a shoping centre car park i park miles from no where and when i return i end up surrounded by junk heap cars. But i WILL always park in the street.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #42
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The best way to park in a big car park if you must with your good car is to park sideways in 3 spots!, no one does a thing!, well they havn't to me yet lol, if i need to go to the shops 99% of the time i take my 4WD or the missuses car instead of the XR8 lol!
Old 14-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #43
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cannot stand people who have no respect. I was sitting in my BA sending a text when I was on a lunch break at work and this woman came flying into the carpark and opened her door into mine so I said "hey, you just hit my car!" and she goes "it's just a Ford, get over yourself!" I was very very close to keying it as I was driving out of the carpark. Sure would've taught that stupid cow a lesson.

I had another one when I owned my EF Fairmont (I keep all of my cars in immaculate condition, and this one was no exception!) I was parked directly out the front of work and I saw this old guy in a white Camry open his door very hard into mine and left a mark. He began walking toward one of the shops up from my work so I went and said "hey mate you just dented that car's door" His reply was "so what, its not like it's noticable" it was very damn noticable, infact it was still dented when I sold it. Anyway, I got my keys, reversed out of my spot partially so as to block the view and booted the crap out of his door 4 times then drove my car and parked it a couple of streets away. The look on his face when he got back was the same as the feeling inside when he did it to me.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
OvaKil
ANARCHY

All the stories of pay back have made me feel so much better. Just wish i saw it before i drove off. I would of had fun with the little red hump of crap.
F6 R Spec #130 Winter White 6 Speed Manual. 373rwkws on 16psi

OvaKil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #45
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
The best way to park in a big car park if you must with your good car is to park sideways in 3 spots!, no one does a thing!, well they havn't to me yet lol, if i need to go to the shops 99% of the time i take my 4WD or the missuses car instead of the XR8 lol!
Sad but very true.. its the only way.. i never go into a car park or even leave the car out of my site... take the everyday car...its a shame we have to be like this but its the only solution... at the end of they day the our cars are made for driving not parking...
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #46
Fordfan4u

About 3 days after getting my RX7 sprayed, was immac. Was parked on the side of the road, boot up and putting shopping into it. The ute infront has to reverse back, and then move forward out of the parking spot. Generally not a hard thing to do.
Backs into my car, towball/drawbar makes a god awful sound against fiberglass so everyone heard it, his vehical came to a sudden stop everyone looked over, he see's me and tries to do a drive off, but gets caught behind cars at a set of lights about 25m away.
Having my head already in the boot, I grab the tyre iron and go running after, collected his side mirror and then broke his windscreen. Never heard anything about it, but I had to fork out the $600 for my own car.

Fordfan
Me: What button?
Officer: The button for the clutch!!!
Me: [laughing so hard it hurts]
Fordfan4u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #47
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
You could always park over 2 parking bays....Solves the problem...but a little immoral.
Problem is a know a guy who keyed a car cause it took up two spots. So you gotta be careful with that.

Sorry to hear about the F6, but all I know is that if your going to the shops and you dont want somthing to happen to your car better get a crappy daily. You cant keep a car dint free these days...unfortunatly.
Old 14-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #48
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfan4u
About 3 days after getting my RX7 sprayed, was immac. Was parked on the side of the road, boot up and putting shopping into it. The ute infront has to reverse back, and then move forward out of the parking spot. Generally not a hard thing to do.
Backs into my car, towball/drawbar makes a god awful sound against fiberglass so everyone heard it, his vehical came to a sudden stop everyone looked over, he see's me and tries to do a drive off, but gets caught behind cars at a set of lights about 25m away.
Having my head already in the boot, I grab the tyre iron and go running after, collected his side mirror and then broke his windscreen. Never heard anything about it, but I had to fork out the $600 for my own car.

Fordfan
I don't condone it but nice work mate.
Old 14-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #49
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
I cannot stand people who have no respect. I was sitting in my BA sending a text when I was on a lunch break at work and this woman came flying into the carpark and opened her door into mine so I said "hey, you just hit my car!" and she goes "it's just a Ford, get over yourself!" I was very very close to keying it as I was driving out of the carpark. Sure would've taught that stupid cow a lesson.

I had another one when I owned my EF Fairmont (I keep all of my cars in immaculate condition, and this one was no exception!) I was parked directly out the front of work and I saw this old guy in a white Camry open his door very hard into mine and left a mark. He began walking toward one of the shops up from my work so I went and said "hey mate you just dented that car's door" His reply was "so what, its not like it's noticable" it was very damn noticable, infact it was still dented when I sold it. Anyway, I got my keys, reversed out of my spot partially so as to block the view and booted the crap out of his door 4 times then drove my car and parked it a couple of streets away. The look on his face when he got back was the same as the feeling inside when he did it to me.

"You're life doesn't matter to me, get over yourself!"

I'd love to see the expression on her face if you said that. People who do these things give me the absolute poo poos, real badly. Same thing happened to Dad when he got his new car, only a Mazda 323, metalic dark green, it now has a huge yellow stripe on the drivers side and various white marks from peoples doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #50
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Its not within my frame of reference to understand people who would damage another persons property and not care.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #51
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
Its not within my frame of reference to understand people who would damage another persons property and not care.
It'd be a complete turn around if they're property was damaged, they'd be on a current affair crying about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #52
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8
5) A lady will open her car door fully to get her baby out and hit your car. She will not pay attention cause her baby is precious and your car a piece of metal. No matter what you say she'll come back with "Its just a car."
A good reply to that is it is only (at a guess) $500 to fix the damage you just caused. Then proceed to take down their rego and ask for their details.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #53
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was on a lunch break at work and this woman came flying into the carpark and opened her door into mine so I said "hey, you just hit my car!" and she goes "it's just a Ford, get over yourself!" I was very very close to keying it as I was driving out of the carpark. Sure would've taught that stupid cow a lesson.

Can't believe I just read that....If there was damage I would have reported it to my insurance co and given them her rego so they can send her the repair bill
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #54
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was sitting in my BA sending a text when I was on a lunch break at work and this woman came flying into the carpark and opened her door into mine so I said "hey, you just hit my car!" and she goes "it's just a Ford, get over yourself!"
My response to that - "But it's MY Ford, so it is in your best interests to be more careful"
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #55
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

It's sad just how many 'people' are in our society now, that just couldn't care less about someone else, let alone their property. Sad thing is, they bring their children up with the same disrespect, I am only 22, so I wasn't bought up that long ago, but I was still taught to respect other people, and their belongings equally.
Old 14-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #56
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Back when i had the Territory ghia i was parked once waiting for fish and chips, some old people got out of a car and slamed both drivers sider doors into my car.. I was ready to kill someone... If it wasnt a public place where there were other people watching i would have given them 2 dints back with the maglite, only about 10 times bigger.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #57
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I have lashed out at the my partner a few times. I go off for a sec and she stays in the car, I get back and she says "that car next to you smashed the door into the car hard enough to rock it", I am like "well did you say anything?" "No I didn't want to" So then we end up in an argument.

A good experience once but, a womans kid hit m car with the door, she was in a POS and she went off and made them knock on my window and appologise.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #58
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kids next door to my parents house stacked their pushbike into my parents then 2 year old EF Futura, left a massive dent in the rear qtr and the parents did not want to know about it. Me old man then spent the next fortnight threatening bodily harm to the 13 yr old to the point he was a nervous wreck. Then 6 years later me old mans BA XR6 is de badged in the driveway of his house!!!! He swears it was the same kid, can't prove it though.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #59
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Can't believe I just read that....If there was damage I would have reported it to my insurance co and given them her rego so they can send her the repair bill
It's just as well there wasn't because my "Just a Ford" is my pride and joy and I spend hours upon hours trying to keep it in perfect condition only for some pig with not respect to trash it. As I said I was extremely close to keying it, I didn't because it's a carpark where I park my car all the time at work and wouldn't want her coming back another day and doing something similar to my car.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #60
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Kids next door to my parents house stacked their pushbike into my parents then 2 year old EF Futura, left a massive dent in the rear qtr and the parents did not want to know about it. Me old man then spent the next fortnight threatening bodily harm to the 13 yr old to the point he was a nervous wreck. Then 6 years later me old mans BA XR6 is de badged in the driveway of his house!!!! He swears it was the same kid, can't prove it though.
That would make the kid .... 19 now :P, should have their own car now... maybe its payback time
FOR SALE1996 EF Series 2 Fairmont Ghia | Ported and Polished Head with Bigger Valves and Springs, Wade 1636, AU Head Gasket, 3.45 LSD, Shift Kitted Auto, RDA Slotted Rotors, QFM Performance Pads,Hornet Scooped Bonnet :evil3: , Custom CAI

Cobra Motorsports
Saiken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post