Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #31
Jay_Rock

Oh God. You guys are funny. When Tonko said I have no idea what I've started I laughed because It's almost like ford guys go crazy over anything like little 40 year old kids Lmao. The moderator might close this because of the previous post about the GTHO that I do not know about. Let alone this post was supposed to be about the GTHO most guys here are talking about other things and the moderator will percieve that this post Is going no where like one of my other posts which ended up being a school yard gossip post haha. I've already had a warning about posting an Illegal Activitie Video (Not me In the video) because I didn't read the rules.
Old 14-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #32
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

I think the current climate if the perfect time to introduce a new GTHO. Selling cars in the next 12-24 months is going to be difficult without some breathtaking product, and with the Coyote engine FPV will have access to something with vast potential.

For the first time since its inception FPV will have access to crate engine (i.e. plug & play), this will reduce development costs and probably give access to the future Mustang GT500 engine. If FPV don’t jump on this opportunity, they’ve got rocks in their heads.

I agree that this is a very price sensitive market, but if FPV were able to keep the price around the GT-E range with W427 beating performance, they’d be beating clients off with a stick. Not to mention the flow on effect it would have for the entire Falcon / FPV range.

Falcon’s been living off the phase III for too long now & if Falcon ends up going FWD, it could be now or never.

I wonder what Ford/FPV management would take away from this thread after reading it?
Old 14-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #33
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Yep, I agree.

A GTHO priced anywhere near the W427 would likely fail no matter how good. That part of the market research has been a free kick for FPV.

But if priced reasonably, I think it would be a hit. Barrett spoke about a pricing point no higher than 100K. If he can pull it off then they should do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
I think the current climate if the perfect time to introduce a new GTHO. Selling cars in the next 12-24 months is going to be difficult without some breathtaking product, and with the Coyote engine FPV will have access to something with vast potential.

For the first time since its inception FPV will have access to crate engine (i.e. plug & play), this will reduce development costs and probably give access to the future Mustang GT500 engine. If FPV don’t jump on this opportunity, they’ve got rocks in their heads.

I agree that this is a very price sensitive market, but if FPV were able to keep the price around the GT-E range with W427 beating performance, they’d be beating clients off with a stick. Not to mention the flow on effect it would have for the entire Falcon / FPV range.

Falcon’s been living off the phase III for too long now & if Falcon ends up going FWD, it could be now or never.

I wonder what Ford/FPV management would take away from this thread after reading it?
Old 14-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Personally I'd like to see an FG coupe than a GTHO. They'd sell more of them and they'd be no more expensive to develop than a one-off GTHO with a bunch of exotic parts.
Old 14-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #35
Jay_Rock

Especially If you wanna pay for 7 litre that takes more on gas rather than one will less litre capacity less fuel consumption with the same amount of power. Their 7 lire 'Monster' they call It haha Just can't be cracked up as thought to be. Even though one of the members saying here or In similar words Fords and Holdens models will never have a vast performance between each other. But there Is always that 'little' bit that makes either one or the other more superior. In some ways. But I guess It's all up to If you're a holden fan or ford fan. Personally all of us here a Ford fan clap clap for you guys and a pat on the back. Quote everything that Road Warrior said above me here he's right.
Old 14-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #36
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Personally I'd like to see an FG coupe than a GTHO. They'd sell more of them and they'd be no more expensive to develop than a one-off GTHO with a bunch of exotic parts.
If they decided to do a GTHO, they'd need to make it a permanent model. I'm sure buyers would still be part of an exclusive club.

No offence intended, but I think it's pretty sad that we think it's more likely that Ford'll make a coupe before a GTHO.
Old 14-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #37
Jay_Rock

Oh okay this Post Is still running would've thought It would be closed by now or maybe Just lost Interest haha.
Old 14-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #38
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

If designed, built and marketed correctly it will be a success, especially to the slightly older crowd who have longed to own a genuine GT-HO but simply can't because of the high $$$ the older ones command.

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
Old 14-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #39
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
a coupe would be a massive cost to develop
think of all the crash testing etc
it could never sell enough to cover costs
Why do you think that GMh dropped the Monaro?
Old 14-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #40
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Round and round here we go again until now :evil3:
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread