Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #31
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
I sincerely hope you meant to type "here"

Sadly in Vic the government was handed a report in 1970 that advised 13,000 was the number of police required over the upcoming years to maintain order.
No prize for guessing how many police we're about to finally get now that it's 2011.
Doesn't help he lives in a safe seat either
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #32
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

while remaining on topic, lets ad a little spice to it....

serve and satisfy aye....

how satisfied are the police about serving, my son turned 16 a couple of months ago and had to go to down to the cop shop for a member to sight and sign a document for my sons birth cert to be mailed out.

at the same time i needed a photocopy to be verified and i asked the constable to photocopy it for me with no probs, until snr sarg intervenes and tells me to go photocopy it myself and bring it back, i was amazed at that but it got me thinking.

i came to the conclusion that people who wanted to become police may have been jibbed, they thought their days would be action packed taking down bad guys left and right, making a difference and having a huge impact on crime, right? NOPE!

instead, they issue tickets, tell people like jason they dont have a spare car or tell the premier your probs, follow people with trailers with toolboxes in them, photocopy docs for public etc....how disillusioned they must be about their occupation and dis-satisfied to boot. all verified with their appethetic statements and sentiments.

it seeems to me police dont want to waste their time and "valuable training" on meaningless insignificant tasks that secretaries and security guards should be doing.

while in ltd's case he was satisfied with their service i believe some police are dis-satisfied with their own service and long for something more.

now before everyone starts jumping the gun, I aint having a go at police, just see my earlier post.

I am offering for discussion an alternate meaning to the forum topic "to serve and satisfy" by placing the foot on the other shoe, that's all.
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #33
toughtimes

LOL!!! the police are called to intervene with some kids 'being' kids making too much noise? 250cc motorbike, Oh my thats terrible! bikes have no right to be on the road, let alone be on a road in Tasmania whilst your there fishing in a sleepy town that your parents own, good to hear your putting Tasmania's resources to good use, because Australia wants nothing more than for you to go fishing in peace. The audacity of the youth today, or even the ignorance of the elderly. Times they are a changin
toughtimes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #34
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

edit: nevermind
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #35
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
I sincerely hope you meant to type "here"

Sadly in Vic the government was handed a report in 1970 that advised 13,000 was the number of police required over the upcoming years to maintain order.
No prize for guessing how many police we're about to finally get now that it's 2011.
yup typo there was meant to be " here"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #36
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

thats a good point jas
Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #37
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

i must be seeing things, did a whole post just go missing?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #38
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

I'll give the force a big pat on the back they do a good job!

For those that are convinced everyone is out to get them have a think about who you call in the times you need it most.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #39
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy
My guess would be because the powers that be use them as a tax collection agency . While the crime rate keeps climbing .

I got fined because my 6x4 trailer was unregistered . In vic a 6x4 trailer does not need to be registered unless it for trade use . I got fined on a Saturday because my trailer had a small tool box in it .

Seems to me there job lines have been blurred and to much power is being used to oppress citizens. An if you put your hand up for that job dont be suprised if your not popular .
Did you dispute the fine? Or did you just pay? If the latter, then I'm guessing you agree that the fine was issued correctly and just like to tell people the story. If you disputed it, what did they have to say? It wouldn't be hard to prove it's not for trade use - especially if you're not in a trade.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #40
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
what is not to understand

the court I live in has a park at the end of it no houses and it runs straight into another street

we have people on motorbikes racing up and down the court every day around the same time every time ( although they haven't tonight

when we ring the local boys ie Corio Police they never have a car or as we get told take it up with the Vic premier as they wont give us the resources to cope with that sort of thing

now is that the Corio Police's fault i dont think so

As i stated in my post above I don't blame Vic pol
Have you thought about getting some neighbours together and blocking your court so they can't race up and down it?

Either that, or next time you ring the cops, say there's some bikers in your street and it appears that one of them may have a weapon. if you do my first suggestion, then this may in fact be true!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #41
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I have what i call a good experience with the boys in blue.

I was on the way to work and saw and old guy on the footpath being violently hustled by a group of black guys and a white girl. So i flicked the ute around and flew up..dived out and started swinging like crazy...smacking a few to the ground and accidently knocking the old guy over aswell...later apolagizing humourously. Then they all started all getting back up again and the girl handed a guy a big stick and i thought uh oh. But some brickies pulled over there truck and they all ran off. They called the cops and i drove the fella to his friend at the servo. On the way back i passed the cops on the side of the road loading one of them in his car so i pulled over and told him what happened. He told me to follow them as they drove round the corner into the carpark at brassall gym. They then proceded to drag the guy outa the car and started belting into him...while i wa standing there he was like so r u willing to stand witness or whatever n i said yes. Aparently they were the same gang that had bashed and killed a guy in sutton park the night before and they had just robbed 2 bottle o s.

That opened my eyes to the way the police sometimes have to work to get tough guys done. They have my full respect but was still pretty scary after it happened...
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #42
fmc351
let it burn

A thankless job, disrespected, underpaid, understaffed, under appreciated. Funny, everyone calls them when they need em though and expects them to be there within minutes, to take a report because the event has passed and is no longer urgent.

"Oh noes, one copper got out of the wrong side of the bed, and was rude/unhelpful to me, they are all bastards." Like youve never got out of bed on the wrong side and not done your best for a moment or two.

LOL, grow up. People complain when they stick to the letter of the law/job description and apparently lack human discretion, but then we they act human youre upset they dont stick to the letter of the law. Some people just like to whinge and blame others for their own situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
at the same time i needed a photocopy to be verified and i asked the constable to photocopy it for me with no probs, until snr sarg intervenes and tells me to go photocopy it myself and bring it back, i was amazed at that but it got me thinking.
Theres a better conclusion to come to, its not the cop(y) shop, its the cop shop. I get where youre coming from, Ive been and they simply copied and stamped for me, but you cant expect them to. Just appreciate when they do and understand they probably dont have too. Maybe the sarge is the one who knows he needs to explain the paper and toner use to the number crunchers, and the guy on the desk didnt even think about it. Its not just you, its also everyone else that comes in for the same service. It all adds up. Then again, maybe the sarge was a believer in you should cover the costs of your copying needs and wont pass yours and everyone elses costs onto the public purse? Who knows, but its not clear it was done just to annoy you, or exorcise some childhood trauma he may or may not have felt.

And yes, I got the rest of your post, but that doesnt change the conclusion being drawn. The first part of my post isnt directed at you either.

Its a cop shop, they wont wash your car either.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #43
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Did you dispute the fine? Or did you just pay? If the latter, then I'm guessing you agree that the fine was issued correctly and just like to tell people the story. If you disputed it, what did they have to say? It wouldn't be hard to prove it's not for trade use - especially if you're not in a trade.

I just ripped it up .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #44
toughtimes

yeah, big pat on the back for the coppers that can diagnose faulty brakes when the engine isnt running. In times of need.....you have a couple of options = 000 or 000 or 000, meanwhile people that are convinced 000 is out to get them, boys in blue are taking care of a NOISY situtation ( 250cc motorbike )
toughtimes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #45
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You made me giggle
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #46
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

yeah fair call fmc351, i don't have any strong feelings about it one way or the other.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtimes
LOL!!! the police are called to intervene with some kids 'being' kids making too much noise? 250cc motorbike, Oh my thats terrible! bikes have no right to be on the road, let alone be on a road in Tasmania whilst your there fishing in a sleepy town that your parents own, good to hear your putting Tasmania's resources to good use, because Australia wants nothing more than for you to go fishing in peace. The audacity of the youth today, or even the ignorance of the elderly. Times they are a changin
You sir are in need of some comprehension lessons.
You're trying to make it personal by implying my desire to fish is paramount; you've missed the fact that my description of fishing was only to illustrate that I could see what was going on and heard what was going on around the town as I sat in the dark fishing.
Now, a kid on a bike is one thing. A kid on a bike and several cars revving their respective nuts off repeatedly doing the same streets dozens of times is another at midnight. Further, I defy you to find anywhere in my post where I mentioned that I called the police.
The bulk of the people on this post understood the implied points I made, and more to the fact that many have at one point in their lives uttered to themselves "where's the police". In this case, the police where there and the offenders caught.
FYI, I live with plenty of noise. I also have trouble sleeping in the absence of noise. Where my parents live however is basically a retirement style community with many an elderly person, and some young families with children living on the streets of which these hoons prefer. Perhaps you should remove your head from your proverbial and realise other people have rights at midnight than to be awoken by intellectually bereft troglodytes who like the sound of their own car exhausts. You're the second one to take issue with me on this topic which is an otherwise a no-brainer. I can surmise you either have an IQ lower than 60, or you despise the police. Persecution complex much?

Quote: