Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #31
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: Drivel - What are the worst Fords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Drive should just change its name to have a latte' and rubbish GM and Ford.
Thats all people seem to do on there.

Lets have worst French car, ugliest citroen or renault.
Ugliest Citroen and Renault??? Gees ...... I just cant think of any?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Everyone who complains about an AU has never owned one. These are the most reliable Falcons ever. You can not kill them.
Same could be said for the Festiva.... People who have owned them for several years and correctly maintained them have nothing but praise for the humble little Festiva. They were super reliable, simple to maintain and very efficient. The 1.5L manual was no slouch as well due to its light body.

Sure it wasn't the safest car, but for the price bracket it was sold in, the competition was probably at the same level or 1/2 to 1 star higher at the most.

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 24-06-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #33
xm289
formerly millenium_falcon

My wife has a '93 capri and its a great little car, it looks alot better than the series 1 versions and was a great buy for $3000.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #34
RASER
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Drivel - What are the worst Fords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1800
What are the worst Fords?.
Cortina

DAYLIGHT 2nd.

Most of the rubbish out of England, Anglia, Prefect, etc etc
Old 24-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #35
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

Wow. That article is a load of crap. Would be nice if they actually got their fact correct before printing them. They have the Corsair as a rebadged 1986 Pintara. It may have been based on the Pintara, but it was the 2nd generation front wheel drive model (1989-1992) and not the RWD R31 model.

I don't see anything wrong with any of those cars listed there. The Landau was an awesome car. I'd love to have one of those.

The best car I ever owned was a KHII Laser. It never let me down and had amazing fuel economy. It's a shame I had to let it go.

The TC Cortina, the Capri convertible and the EA/AU Falcons were also very good cars. Every model has a bad one in the batch, but it's not fair to say that they're all bad. If the Festiva was such a bad car, then why were they such a big seller?

These supposed 'car people' who write these stories remind me of arts/food critics. People who just love to have a whinge.

Anyway. That's my thoughts on the subject.
Old 25-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #36
RAPID_BA
Banned

The au is unquestionable as the ugliest falcon but it had a robust drivetrain and fair family transport.
Old 25-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #37
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Slow news day

The 25th anniversary GT Falcon.....please I would love to add one to my garage..the Festiva was OK for the price (I did own one years ago), love cortina's.........some journo having is 2 seconds of fame.

Not even worthy of a thread

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 25-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #38
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
The au is unquestionable as the ugliest falcon but it had a robust drivetrain and fair family transport.
Yeah, this car is sooo ugly

1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
Old 25-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #39
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

I didnt think much of the Festiva till i drove one (a 1.3 3spA trio!), lots of fun to drive, sips fuel and wasn't all that bad to drive, apart from the 3 speed auto blerghh.....Cant fault it otherwise.

There was some mysterious smoke that came out from under the bonnet once for a couple of seconds then dissapeared...no idea what that was....random happening while parking...hmm

Subaru Outback '02
Old 25-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #40
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the journo`s must having trouble finding something to put on the paper, surely they can find something better than this drivel !
Old 25-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #41
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty

Sorry, but these always remind me of a cockroach....

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 25-06-2011, 02:16 AM   #42
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

These and the T series look good.
Its the Forte and futura that have been hit with the ugly stick.
AU 1 especially.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #43
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Sorry, but these always remind me of a cockroach....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. The AU XR front actually reminds me of the XB. It has something to do with how the positioning of the front indicators sit in relation to the headlights. Very XB to me. I mean I would give up all my cars to get an XB Coupe, but many think they look like pregnant pasties - I don't however.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
Old 25-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #44
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AU with grotesque build quality ?

Wasn't there a discussion on these forums regarding the most reliable Falcon of all time to which, based an a shedload of responses, the AU came out on top ?

Perception vs reality - it's an interesting thing...
Old 25-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #45
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Now, if they'd have made that the "standard" front end of the entire Falcon range instead of the angular and odd headlights on the normal Falcon and keeping this for the XR's, they might not be facing "ugly" claims.
Old 25-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #46
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Everyone who complains about an AU has never owned one. These are the most reliable Falcons ever. You can not kill them.
Seems as though the holden employees (check the carpark at unfairfax) who rubbish the AU forget the fact that an AUXR8 was used to make the engine revving noises of the Monaro in a Holden ad.

What you have to remember though is that all Holden fanbois hated the AU simply for the fact that it was the first Australian car with IRS that didn't need new rear tyres every 10,000klm like all commodores at the time. Think of it as AU envy (sort of like penile envy in a way for less endowed men).

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 25-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium_falcon
My wife has a '93 capri and its a great little car, it looks alot better than the series 1 versions and was a great buy for $3000.

I agree. The 93 capri was great. A mate had a cobalt blue XR2 and it was an awesome car in its day. We'd go for drives through the city at night and when polished up with the top down, it got more looks than most other cars. Black interior too which was fantastic, and you sit low in it/it has a high hem line. The MX5 at the time was too small and too "cutesy" - a real hairdressers car. Julia's Tim had one.

Quote: