Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #31
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Default Re: do your mates let you drive their cars?

None of my friends can drive a manual, so my car is safe.

I hate driving other people's cars. Even my parents'.

Certain 'friends' don't seem to trust me with anything - I have no idea why, so I even missed out on driving the Mustang that we all paid to hire in Hawaii recently.
Friend's PITA boyfriend got to do it instead, as the other girls were too scared. Then he spent the rest of the holiday gloating about it to annoy me.

My best friend of 20+ years often gets me to drive her car, usually because she's falling asleep after working a 14 hour shift, or just has no idea how to get to where we're going.
She added me as a second driver on her insurance a few years ago.

The first lot of friends couldn't believe it when we turned up for a trip to the beach with me driving the Echo. (It was slightly embarrassing).
When they asked about it, she said that she has no problem with me driving it, because I drive much bigger vehicles for a living, and I'm a better driver than she is anyway.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #32
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I asked my mate to drive my car (XE Falcon) back home when I bought my current car. On the right hand kink from Kings Way to Queens Rd near the city (Melbourne), I looked back to see the tail out, in the wet on the XE at 50km/h.

He hasn't driven my current car.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #33
boss54

Yer all the time from 11 sec VLs to night train harleys.
boss54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #34
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Close friends wouldnt bother me. Ive driven mates 11sec RX7 home in rain from Rocky as he was to wrecked to drive.
He needed a car for the day while he sorted out his car loan for new car so i gave him keys to my little ute i had at time as i wasnt using it. Dropped it home with a tank of fuel in it even though he would have used $3 worth of fuel.
If at a party and need to go out to pick up booze/pizza and my car is last in driveway i dont mind if sober mate takes it.
ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Stazza_Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #35
Paxton
Cobblers!

Yes. I've driven my Mate's cars, and they've driven mine. It has been the same for as long as we've had cars and licenses.

Borrowing them, without the Mates there, however is another matter. None of us have lent or borrowed cars, we've just driven them with the owner in the passenger seat.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #36
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The good thing about having a manual is most of my mates can't drive one. I have driven their cars before, but it's not often I do. I have let one drive my car, but only when I was in it. I would NEVER lend it if I wasn't in the car.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

My mates always let me drive their cars, but none of them are game to drive mine!! LOL.

Must be because they know how much I care about my cars, and that im a pretty capable driver.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #38
StrokedXT
Banned

Anyone can drive any of my cars, all they have to do is hold a license and ask.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post